hulika

Author Topic: Blues in Schools program in the Philippines  (Read 3278 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blues in Schools program in the Philippines
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:42 PM »
hi guys - nagconduct kami ng workshop/concert on blues sa UST Conservatory of Music kahapon. sayang, i forgot to announce here first para mag-invite. kala ko exclusive lang sa UST music students pwede pala kahit sino.

in the workshop i covered mostly the early blues and roots styles up till Muddy Waters electrified it. from 1 chord blues to 12-bar blues; basic vamp, boom chuck to shuffle beat; Delta to Chicago blues, etc, including discussing blues history, busic music elements/theory. i played solo with a resonator and 00-12fret guitar while running a lecture w/ powerpoint presentation!

after the workshop, we had a blues concert with script to explain electric blues styles and techniques in a band setting (eg, interplay, dynamics, stops/breaks, blues jamming, etc.). kasama sa concert si Kakoy and Jun Lupito on gtrs (I played electric slide), Nikki Cabardo (Freestyle?) on keyboards, and Irene (vocals) and Eric (bass) of Lady High. drummer is the head of the drum/percussion dept. of UST. Tots Tolentino and some faculty of UST Music Conservatory also sat in for some tunes (All Blues, Watermelon Man). tapos it ended with a good ol' blues jam w/ the students joining in.

if your school or organization is interested in this kind of workshop, let me know (PM me here or email: deltaslim AT gmail DOT com).

thanks!

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Blues in Schools program in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
wow.. I wish I was in a music school..

Offline jocobalb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:05:02 PM »
asteeg ako din :) ..

Offline sakai

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 01:15:27 PM »
hi guys - nagconduct kami ng workshop/concert on blues sa UST Conservatory of Music kahapon. sayang, i forgot to announce here first para mag-invite. kala ko exclusive lang sa UST music students pwede pala kahit sino.

in the workshop i covered mostly the early blues and roots styles up till Muddy Waters electrified it. from 1 chord blues to 12-bar blues; basic vamp, boom chuck to shuffle beat; Delta to Chicago blues, etc, including discussing blues history, busic music elements/theory. i played solo with a resonator and 00-12fret guitar while running a lecture w/ powerpoint presentation!

after the workshop, we had a blues concert with script to explain electric blues styles and techniques in a band setting (eg, interplay, dynamics, stops/breaks, blues jamming, etc.). kasama sa concert si Kakoy and Jun Lupito on gtrs (I played electric slide), Nikki Cabardo (Freestyle?) on keyboards, and Irene (vocals) and Eric (bass) of Lady High. drummer is the head of the drum/percussion dept. of UST. Tots Tolentino and some faculty of UST Music Conservatory also sat in for some tunes (All Blues, Watermelon Man). tapos it ended with a good ol' blues jam w/ the students joining in.

if your school or organization is interested in this kind of workshop, let me know (PM me here or email: deltaslim AT gmail DOT com).

thanks!

sana maulit  :-D
http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/64/16/17946146/2_372512299l.jpg

my customized ibanez RG by ARCEE Guitars  PM MEMBER SINCE September 06, 2007, 02:52:44 PM :-D  A GOOD ENGINEER ALWAYS USE GUIDELINES :-D

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
matagal ko nang gusto mag conduct dito sa amin (baguio) nito and invite you sir (and others) mula nung nakita ko tong post nato....but i don't know where to start (sponsors and interested schools) kasi parang walang interesado if you know what i mean, unless they have a class in american history or anthropology of music or something...and of course resources, since we would need something like transpo and accommodation and stuff...sana mkahanap nako ng interested parties for this... :roll:

sir joric if you have suggestions regarding my concerns please suggest something...anything.. :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:59:33 AM »
matagal ko nang gusto mag conduct dito sa amin (baguio) nito and invite you sir (and others) mula nung nakita ko tong post nato....but i don't know where to start (sponsors and interested schools) kasi parang walang interesado if you know what i mean, unless they have a class in american history or anthropology of music or something...and of course resources, since we would need something like transpo and accommodation and stuff...sana mkahanap nako ng interested parties for this... :roll:

sir joric if you have suggestions regarding my concerns please suggest something...anything.. :-D

have you tried asking the college of music sa mga schools diyan?  UST Conservatory yung nag organize sa UST e.

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
no schools/universities offering music courses here sir...except for those universities with education courses offering major in music, which i think is quite far from the real thing since it tackles more on the elementary/secondary education teaching in general...

unless they'd be willing to be enlightened about the blues then it would be so so great great... :-D puro nalang naman din kasi classical, baroque, medieval ang turo e... :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
no schools/universities offering music courses here sir...except for those universities with education courses offering major in music, which i think is quite far from the real thing since it tackles more on the elementary/secondary education teaching in general...

unless they'd be willing to be enlightened about the blues then it would be so so great great... :-D puro nalang naman din kasi classical, baroque, medieval ang turo e... :-D

well, here's another tack. someone from an org in UP actually asked me to conduct the workshop for their org (just their org). so baka may mga orgs na interested dyan, kahit di school based.

a teacher also asked me if i can do it for grade schoolers. challenging but interesting project. niluluto pa namin.

Offline rico099

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »
wow naman. may blues history pa at blues jamming? whoah~ :-o

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 07:10:11 AM »
Hi sir deltaslim. I've heard great things about you from chito_eoi who happens to be my guitar teacher before. Sana pag may ganito ulet sama ko kahit tagabuhat lang ng resonator mo. :) Thanks

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 04:21:35 PM »
ayos ta, sana may susunod pa  :-D

Offline kravenkorvinus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:17 PM »
wowowow..
matanong nga sa org mates kung gusto nila..^^
member po kasi ako ng UP Manila Musicians' org..hehehe..napakagandang idea nito :)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
Sorry for not checking in.  Finally got the blues clinic video converted and uploaded

feature=youtube_gdata_player

wowowow..
matanong nga sa org mates kung gusto nila..^^
member po kasi ako ng UP Manila Musicians' org..hehehe..napakagandang idea nito :)

Hey, I'm from UP Manila too. Dont ask what batch! Haha

Anyway, I'm afraid the blues clinic I did at the 1st CCP Jazzfest yesterday was the last I would do for a long time... Will try to get CCP's video copy.