hulika

Author Topic: What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?  (Read 50022 times)

Offline dark_sphynx

What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?
« on: September 12, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
Been listening to Decyfer Down, Pillar, Demon Hunter, and other Christian Rock / Hardcore band. Just wondering if any one here already wrote songs or even band with this kind of perspective? Here in PH...

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:16:22 AM »
Contradiction.

Offline Dre™

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
try mo Battery phil band yan kasabayan nang razorback and wolfgang if im not mistaken 90's.

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:14 AM »
I think Bought By Blood is one. Just heard it from a good friend :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
same thing as death metal except you replace the word "satan" to "jesus" ... "darkness" to "holy" ... "black" to "white"

so when you have a song by Nile entitled "Black Seeds of Vengeance" ... you can turn it into christian metal by saying its "White Fruit of Hoping" (the syllables also have to fit).

so the beatles' "come together" becomes "pray together" ...

it is easy :)

-*-

in all seriousness, i think it is rather silly and quite stupid to label a music genre based on lyrical content.

Offline dark_sphynx

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »
I do agree with that its easy to convert but it is hard to be converted. Hehehehe

Offline zhej

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »
eto!

Impending doom
When blood comes cleansing
Sleeping giant

Praise God with any form of art.

Simple lang yan, money is the root of all evil,pero depende sa pag gamit ng money. Parang music lang, kahit gano kabigat kung positivity ang pinapakita its not a problem.

That's my opinion.
Let Go and Let GOD.

Offline Dre™

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »
Try this one its a worship song -

Come to me by Battery

Enjoy!  :wave:

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
Good day and thanks for the TS for making this one!

This topic is a very important matter to us Christians lalo na sa panahon natin ngayon.

Before I start to share my thoughts about this topic, gusto ko po munang mag-excuse at mag-warn sa iba na makakabasa ng mga thoughts ko about Modern Christian Music now, even CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) which is mas alam na tawag ngayon. I hope hindi maging pangit ang kalalabasan ng thread na ito after I share mine.  :-)

Ang music sa panahon natin ngayon grabe na unlike the past years. Marami nang nagbago, marami na rin tayong nakitang mga exposures ng mga satanic musics/songs (maybe some of you did if we all here are Christians), pero ang totoo nyan pati christian music today ay nado-dominate na minsan ni Satan which is hindi ganun kadaling ma-discern. Most things to consider here is the lyrics, sasabihin ng ibang artist na christian songs to dahil yung lyrics may kasamang "God", "You", "Lord", etc. which is becoming a religious thing, diba? Another thing is yung how did the arrangements of music, notes, and expression ng pagkakakanta kung tugma ba sa leading ng Holy Spirit. And even yung physical appearance or let's say yung mga characteristics nalang ng mga artists, Bible says be modest, I'm not talking about yung mga churches na kung magsuot eh sobrang banal as the world normally see, but yung pagiging decent ang pananamit at pagkilos. Marami na tinatanggap ngayon na christian songs dahil lamang sa lyrics and arrangements, pero maging mapagmatyag sa mga kilos ng mga kaaway. And of course, yung how they promote themselves or the songs, via album art, their pictures, music videos which may have hidden satanic symbols, we might not know Satan is using so-called Christian Artists to twist the Christian Music Industry, alam naman natin na si Satan ang Master Deceiver and Father of Lies, nasa Bible yan, and even Satan is using God's Word to deceit us, like Jesus' Temptation on the desert when He's fasting for 40 days and nights. Maging maingat po!

Christian Rock, I heard a lot of it and so far is 30%-40% ay walang problem and the rest do have.  :wink:
Christian Metal, mga 15%-20% lang ang ok na mga naririnig ko.   <_<
Christian Hardcore, oh no, I heard some of it and none so far na ok.  :eek:

So far yun lang po muna share ko, I hope maging help at hindi ako maging kontrabida sa thread na ito. Exposure for everyone's benefits po ang pakay ko.

God Bless po! :-D

:nosebleed:

Offline Sherwin_xx2002

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
I Love Christian rock... I Love Stryper! One of the Best Christian Rock Band.... :)
CARPE DIEM

Offline thuzkee02

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
I still bear the same opinion I have mentioned on the Christian Guitarists Thread.

Music is an avenue we can use to glorify GOD and not ourselves. We can use it as an offering. We can use it as a means to serve, evangelize and reach out to the world. Pero tama si sir Zidangeles, we must remain vigilant. I have no issues with Christian Rock music as long as we use this type of music in the right setting and appropriate crowd. But we must always guard our hearts. Guard our motives. Kasi, kahit na anong galing ng isang servant na tumugtog or kumanta, God sees the heart. If we are doing it to place ourselves on a pedestal, sablay. Do it for God.

As for heavy metal or hardcore na music AND musicians (I place emphasis to musicians as well), the style of music also denotes the message we want to convey. Generally, heavy metal exudes the feeling of ANGER and HATE so even if the message of the song is about Christ's love for us, the platter in which it was served may pose a different message.

I believe that music (in any type or form) was made to please GOD. Lucifer was a worship leader, talented in music, before he fell. That means that the knowledge bestowed upon him was originally intended to please God. Ginamit lang niya in his own wicked schemes nung binagsak siya ni Lord. That being said, I believe in "Musical Redemption", to redeem music and use it as another vessel to please GOd.

:-)
:)

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
Also agree with thuzkee02

Try to evaluate yourselves everytime na kinakanta nyo ang isang kanta (christian songs or secular, whatever it is) and check your feelings, mood, actions and thoughts kung may peace ba, joy, enlightenment or maybe vice versa. It might be an offering, praise and adoration, prayer of thanksgiving or baka naman para kang demanding na kumakanta sa Diyos or para ka nang galit at nagwawala?  :-P

Mas ok parin sakin yung mga kanta dati ng Musikatha, wala pa rin pangtapat mga bagong PinoyCCM songs ngayon, hehe peace  :wave:

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 03:17:08 AM »
It's still Heavy Metal for me. Christian that is. hehehe.

I read the history of gospel music and what i read is the people back then are bored with the slow hymns and couldn't really invite other people to come to church. so they used contemporary music and replaced the lyrics with Christian content. I guess that's how gospel music came to being sort of.

Anyway, I would agree that there are certain genre that could really not that suitable sa Christian message but hey, if i works, why not di ba? so i guess it still boils down to preference din.  :-D >:D

my 2 cents lang naman.

rock n' scroll!

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
It's still Heavy Metal for me. Christian that is. hehehe.

I read the history of gospel music and what i read is the people back then are bored with the slow hymns and couldn't really invite other people to come to church. so they used contemporary music and replaced the lyrics with Christian content. I guess that's how gospel music came to being sort of.

Anyway, I would agree that there are certain genre that could really not that suitable sa Christian message but hey, if i works, why not di ba? so i guess it still boils down to preference din.  :-D >:D

my 2 cents lang naman.

If it works, I'm sure something's not right lalo na sa mga heavy metal rock. Even the worse part is yung narinig kong Christian Heavy Metal na puro scream... Oh no  :eek:

Offline thuzkee02

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »
kaniya kaniya kasing musical preference yan. Basta ang importante, guard the heart. Guard your motive. And make sure that the message you are trying to convey is served in the appropriate manner. Psychologically speaking, music can and often times used as a channel of our emotions. Heavy metal type of music tends to convey feelings of anger and hatred. Just be careful lang mga kapatid. :)
:)

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 09:52:43 PM »
kaniya kaniya kasing musical preference yan. Basta ang importante, guard the heart. Guard your motive. And make sure that the message you are trying to convey is served in the appropriate manner. Psychologically speaking, music can and often times used as a channel of our emotions. Heavy metal type of music tends to convey feelings of anger and hatred. Just be careful lang mga kapatid. :)

Correct.

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
basta for me any music basta depende sa message check lng yan

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 09:52:52 AM »
Good day and thanks for the TS for making this one!

This topic is a very important matter to us Christians lalo na sa panahon natin ngayon.

Before I start to share my thoughts about this topic, gusto ko po munang mag-excuse at mag-warn sa iba na makakabasa ng mga thoughts ko about Modern Christian Music now, even CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) which is mas alam na tawag ngayon. I hope hindi maging pangit ang kalalabasan ng thread na ito after I share mine.  :-)

Ang music sa panahon natin ngayon grabe na unlike the past years. Marami nang nagbago, marami na rin tayong nakitang mga exposures ng mga satanic musics/songs (maybe some of you did if we all here are Christians), pero ang totoo nyan pati christian music today ay nado-dominate na minsan ni Satan which is hindi ganun kadaling ma-discern. Most things to consider here is the lyrics, sasabihin ng ibang artist na christian songs to dahil yung lyrics may kasamang "God", "You", "Lord", etc. which is becoming a religious thing, diba? Another thing is yung how did the arrangements of music, notes, and expression ng pagkakakanta kung tugma ba sa leading ng Holy Spirit. And even yung physical appearance or let's say yung mga characteristics nalang ng mga artists, Bible says be modest, I'm not talking about yung mga churches na kung magsuot eh sobrang banal as the world normally see, but yung pagiging decent ang pananamit at pagkilos. Marami na tinatanggap ngayon na christian songs dahil lamang sa lyrics and arrangements, pero maging mapagmatyag sa mga kilos ng mga kaaway. And of course, yung how they promote themselves or the songs, via album art, their pictures, music videos which may have hidden satanic symbols, we might not know Satan is using so-called Christian Artists to twist the Christian Music Industry, alam naman natin na si Satan ang Master Deceiver and Father of Lies, nasa Bible yan, and even Satan is using God's Word to deceit us, like Jesus' Temptation on the desert when He's fasting for 40 days and nights. Maging maingat po!

Christian Rock, I heard a lot of it and so far is 30%-40% ay walang problem and the rest do have.  :wink:
Christian Metal, mga 15%-20% lang ang ok na mga naririnig ko.   <_<
Christian Hardcore, oh no, I heard some of it and none so far na ok.  :eek:

So far yun lang po muna share ko, I hope maging help at hindi ako maging kontrabida sa thread na ito. Exposure for everyone's benefits po ang pakay ko.

God Bless po! :-D

:nosebleed:

how'd you know?
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
@fretboard

Discernment.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
ok, can you please name names (bands), na under ng christian rock, christian metal, christian hardcore?
name the bands narin na belongs to the 60% ng christian rock na may problem, 80% na under ng christian metal na may problem, at christian hardcore na walang ok.
(well of course, yung napakinggan mo na)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:53:10 AM by fretboard »

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
ok, can you please name names (bands), na under ng christian rock, christian metal, christian hardcore?
name the bands narin na belongs to the 60% ng christian rock na may problem, 80% na under ng christian metal na may problem, at christian hardcore na walang ok.

I don't have intentions of naming them out, this might open a debate and I don't like debates as possible.
If you read the bible and understand the biblical teachings and perspective about music, you can judge for yourselves what is right. Luke 12:57

But since then, I will not name it pero meron dito sa thread na nabanggit na band na qualified dito.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
I don't have intentions of naming them out, this might open a debate and I don't like debates as possible.
If you read the bible and understand the biblical teachings and perspective about music, you can judge for yourselves what is right. Luke 12:57

But since then, I will not name it pero meron dito sa thread na nabanggit na band na qualified dito.

who will qualify them then?

i am not here to debate as well

but howabout the names of the QUALIFIED? 40%? 20%?

Offline zidangeles

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »
who will qualify them then?

i am not here to debate as well

but howabout the names of the QUALIFIED? 40%? 20%?

You might not also want a debate but the others here that can also read and respond will be.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »
equip yourself then PM me about my queries.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
baduy. if you're so bold stating the figures you've just posted, be brave enough to back up those statements.