hulika

Author Topic: Help!!! pre-undergrad thesis.. PINOY RASTA (i need some respondents)  (Read 7010 times)

Offline otistikako

Any real rastas out there? actually we're working on our pre-undergrad thesis entitled, PINOY RASTA: Understanding the culture and lifestyle of rastafarians in the philippines and im just hoping if anyone of you here could be one of our respondents. this may sound informal but it would indeed be great pleasure to have you on our study. Thanks.  :mrgreen:
All these accidents,
That happen,
Follow the dot, Coincidence, Makes sense, Only with you, You don't have to speak, I feel.

Offline purehempproject

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Help!!! pre-undergrad thesis.. PINOY RASTA (i need some respondents)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 03:43:55 AM »
hello ser wala ka na atang makikita ngaun na 22ong rastafari eh... ang mga rastafari ngaun nasa pusot isipan na nila eh kaya malabong meron paring pinoy rastafar-i dito sa pinas kc mahirap talaga gawin un.. sa pusot ispan nlng ginagawa..

try mo sa reggaemovement.com meron din ata sila mga article tungkol sa mga rastafarian hindi nga lng pinoy sana makatulong..  :-)

Offline otistikako

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:52:25 AM »
yeah im having a hard time doing this [gooey brown stuff]. good thing there's friendster to save the day. i have already two potential respondents, and i hope they'll make it on our arrangement this week. thanks anyway for the reply. but still if there's anyone of you who's a legit rasta, holler back ok?
All these accidents,
That happen,
Follow the dot, Coincidence, Makes sense, Only with you, You don't have to speak, I feel.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »
man you wont find any because there is none.the so called rasta claimers would be those who dress up like they came from jamaica, dreadlocks and all.if you try to ask them questions they might not even give you any decent answer on rastafarianism or religion for that matter.anyways the closest that we have to rastafarianism would be the so called rizalistas at banahaw.if you dig enough you might find that they have similarities with rastafarianism.try to dig deeper into these millenarian movements,a little research wont hurt, and of course it will open your eyes into more of our culture.the word is dig,ya dig?
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline purehempproject

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 03:12:59 PM »
man you wont find any because there is none.the so called rasta claimers would be those who dress up like they came from jamaica, dreadlocks and all.if you try to ask them questions they might not even give you any decent answer on rastafarianism or religion for that matter.anyways the closest that we have to rastafarianism would be the so called rizalistas at banahaw.if you dig enough you might find that they have similarities with rastafarianism.try to dig deeper into these millenarian movements,a little research wont hurt, and of course it will open your eyes into more of our culture.the word is dig,ya dig?

agreeeeeee

Offline otistikako

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 05:03:39 PM »
i understand. that's why we knida revised the title and instead deal with the "cultural influence" instead. But the experience is definitely an eye-opener. We've done interviews with Badjao and Reggae Mistress and it's fun. Xaymaca's even a hella good place. I think there would come a time that rastafarianism make its way to some filipino's heart, no matter what we say about it - it's an emerging subculture, and the day will come that it will have its own cult following. Just like the Satanistas or some freako-underground organization.
All these accidents,
That happen,

Offline nichteque

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:06:16 PM »
it's really hard to spot a genuine one lalo na dito. marami kasing nagsasabi na rasta daw sila, pero most likely, it's either gusto lang magpacool or ginagawa niyang excuse para makahithit. marami pa sa atin ang hindi rin talaga nakakaintindi pa ng rasta...maski ako konti lang din ang alam ko dito. pero how can someone be a rasta kung wala naman siyang alam tungkol dito? sana, yung mga may alam (at yung talagang may alam, hindi yung kunwari lang may alam para magmukang cool) eh makahanap ng paraan para maeducate yung mga taong interesado about this matter. or better yet, dapat yung mga taong interesado eh sila narin ang gumawa ng paraan.

sa reggae nga lang, andaming hindi makamove-on kay bob marley. para sa kanila, siya lang ang reggae. parang rasta lang din...kung ano ang nakikita nila na rasta sa media eh yun nalang ang laging nagiging basehan kung rasta o hindi. sa kulay, sa five finger, sa dreadlock...laging ganun. sana matuto pa tayong lahat na laliman ang nalalaman natin...mas maaappreciate natin ang mga bagay kung alam talaga natin kung ano ang mga ito.

:)

Offline nichteque

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »
oh, and when you see that guy who showed up sa correspondents...yung nagrolyo at humithit...on live television...bobojoe ata pangalan nun. wag mo nalang pansinin yun.

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 09:10:05 PM »
chong.. hindi ako naka dreads hindi ako rastafarian mby title.. pero kaya kong explain sa iyo kung ano sa tingin ko ang Rastafari and reggae music

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »
P.S. ehehehe. Im Rastafarian inside.

Offline isaac0516

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »
P.S. ehehehe. Im Rastafarian inside.
rastafarian ka?! do you wirship haile sellasie?
question lng. :- :? :-)

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »
pre isipin mo na lang kristyano pa rin sila pero may mga konting differences lang sa belief,tulad ng pag dreadlocks,meaning "dread" kasi daw takot sila s creator or higher beeing,god.ung belief nila sa marijuana,mas malapit ka daw sa langit or you feel "irie" pag nakagamit ka at ung belief nila kay selassie or sa ating bansa yung belief ng mg arizalista kay rizal.madami variations and rasta and it would be best kung focus mo ung research mo sa music side nito or otherwise review your title instead and research about millenarian movements,kasi yuin naman sila.
read catch a fire,the book or google yourself,or wikipedia.dami resourcces its just its hard to look for any rastafarian here.thanks!
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline izumitaisho

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
oi reggae nyt uli mga chong round 2 dec 22 rolands bar and grill..yung nag hahanap jan ng rasta papa punta kanalang mag usap usap tau dun jong punta ka uli mag invyt ka para madami dami tau ok :mrgreen:

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
oi reggae nyt uli mga chong round 2 dec 22 rolands bar and grill..yung nag hahanap jan ng rasta papa punta kanalang mag usap usap tau dun jong punta ka uli mag invyt ka para madami dami tau ok :mrgreen:

tama,tumpak,eksakto.calling roland,ano nangyari sa northern musicians cartel ?haha.

Completely.

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »
rastafarian ka?! do you wirship haile sellasie?
question lng. :- :? :-)
I worship God.. for the Rastafarians, Haile Sellasie was meant to be a part of the Holy Trinity... Catholics believe that God the father, God the Son which is Jesus and God of the Holy Spirit is one. Rastafarians has a different interpretation of the Holy Bible, and the Bible was interpretated in thousand ways, thats why there are Catholics, Born Again Christians, Iglesia ni Cristo, Jehova's Witness, Rastafarians and Many more. It is how you define God and Rastafari. You don't have to be Dread to be Rasta, we dont play reggae to be cool, smoking to much weed aint fine, a true heart of a Rastaman is to help people by his ministies and improve life. wakekekekeke

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »
I worship God.. for the Rastafarians, Haile Sellasie was meant to be a part of the Holy Trinity... Catholics believe that God the father, God the Son which is Jesus and God of the Holy Spirit is one. Rastafarians has a different interpretation of the Holy Bible, and the Bible was interpretated in thousand ways, thats why there are Catholics, Born Again Christians, Iglesia ni Cristo, Jehova's Witness, Rastafarians and Many more. It is how you define God and Rastafari. You don't have to be Dread to be Rasta, we dont play reggae to be cool, smoking to much weed aint fine, a true heart of a Rastaman is to help people by his ministies and improve life. wakekekekeke

pastor rondogg......

Completely.

Offline izumitaisho

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
dko na ata maintindihan hehehehehehe...tindi nyo mag explain.... :evil: