hulika

Author Topic: Perfect Intonation  (Read 25455 times)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Perfect Intonation
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2006, 10:55:26 AM »
i think meron pa rin regardless of gain. the difference in tension makes your hand react differently with the strings. and apply the same picking strength to 9's as you would with 10's would definitely make the strings give off a slightly different sound.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
Perfect Intonation
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2006, 11:26:56 AM »
My next project would be fret leveling and changing the nut. I have some dead spots on higher frets. And im raising the action a bit.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
Perfect Intonation
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2006, 12:22:54 PM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
i think meron pa rin regardless of gain. the difference in tension makes your hand react differently with the strings. and apply the same picking strength to 9's as you would with 10's would definitely make the strings give off a slightly different sound.

playability vs tone "improvement"...

i've been contemplating on going 10s in this one guitar... i haven't played on 10s for maybe 8 years now... im tempted to go 10s for a fuller sound, but im sure playability will suffer a bit, and i might screw up on bending the strings on my other guitars (all 9s)... and of course, there's a risk of having to have my guitar set up again if i decide to move back to 9s... decisions... decisions...
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
Perfect Intonation
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »
The Talman has a shorter scale so putting 10s on it wont affect playability so much. But i wouldnt put 10s on the guitar i have which is full scale. I find 9s on a shorter scale a bit lacking.

Offline Speed_Kills

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Perfect Intonation
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2007, 08:08:42 PM »
lupit nga si jun kesa sa isang alam kong si A..(secret)
nagparepair ak acoustic (fender dg-4) P950 lang kay jun samantalang kay tooooot e P3,500 daw :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  napautot nga ako kay toooot e :?

kilala ko yan nag punta din ako dyan para i-repair tremolo ko....2,000 daw :x

Offline nickoreno

Re: Perfect Intonation
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2007, 03:32:28 AM »
ky kuya epi lang ako nagpapasetup ng gitara eh sa sm dasma cavite ok naman magaling hehehe nakukuha nya gsto ko mabait pa... mura lang, labor lang kasi.. sya ung guitar tech ni rj jacinto..