hulika

Author Topic: why a drummer should know jeff healey  (Read 903 times)

Offline gammapolaris

why a drummer should know jeff healey
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:47:41 AM »
jeff healey is a blind guitarist. he played with legends like carl perkins, ron hawkins,  jerry lee lewis and the band. just recently, jeff passed away and digg.com had it on the first page yesterday.

unlike other guitarists jeff played the guitar on his lap.  maybe because he is blind, hindi na nya nakita kung papano talaga hawakan ng tama ang gitara...

but you might be wondering why am I posting this on a drummer's thread? well, it is because as a drummer we should know jeff, he is one of the reasons why a drummer should lay out a solid foundation "so the conceited guitarist can fly".  He is one of the influences why a musician should have a "soul" and not be too tight like a metronome.  if you have not seen jeff yet you can get a DVD in a music store called "Let It Rock" where he played with rock legends... that was before he abandoned rock for classic jazz.
see my articles here: http://www.ixlproductions.co.uk<br /><br />got my videos here:<br />http://www.youtube.com/gammapolaris

Offline kharz23

Re: why a drummer should know jeff healey
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 02:35:15 PM »
jeff healey is a blind guitarist. he played with legends like carl perkins, ron hawkins,  jerry lee lewis and the band. just recently, jeff passed away and digg.com had it on the first page yesterday.

unlike other guitarists jeff played the guitar on his lap.  maybe because he is blind, hindi na nya nakita kung papano talaga hawakan ng tama ang gitara...

but you might be wondering why am I posting this on a drummer's thread? well, it is because as a drummer we should know jeff, he is one of the reasons why a drummer should lay out a solid foundation "so the conceited guitarist can fly".  He is one of the influences why a musician should have a "soul" and not be too tight like a metronome.  if you have not seen jeff yet you can get a DVD in a music store called "Let It Rock" where he played with rock legends... that was before he abandoned rock for classic jazz.

nyc
Love non-stop...and you'll see!!

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: why a drummer should know jeff healey
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »
very inspiring sir...thanks for the info. godbless. :-)