hulika

Author Topic: BAMFx Guitar and Pedal Mods -BAMFx Bangaw "Acoustistrat" p. 51  (Read 221247 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Ahh well. In a year of modding, I realized, there's no dedicated thread for BAMFx Pedal Mods.

Anyway, to start the ball rolling, Psychic Sushi's again evolved Bakemono DS-1

The extra footswitch is to toggle between "Vox" and "Recto" modes. :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:00:44 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: BAMFx Pedal Mods
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 10:47:25 PM »
Ahh well. In a year of modding, I realized, there's no dedicated thread for BAMFx Pedal Mods.

wowowee hehe..  :-D sana lahat ng BAMFx pedals pwede salpakan ng headphones hehe..  :evil:

hinihintay ko pa rin soundclips nung HM100 sir BAMF  :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline idoytuba

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 10:52:25 PM »
BAMF,

Kaya mo rin ba i-mod ang DD3? Digital to analog with a flick of a switch?

Thanks.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »
idoytuba,

Hindi nagiging " analog" and DD series kasi architecturally, talagang Digital Delays sila.

What can be done is a mod that can make the DD pedals sound like analog. Yup. I can give you some referrals na forumites if you want to ask around. :D

radiostationexp

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:17:17 PM »
Here's my Bakemono MT-2......

Ser BAMF, pwede pa ba lagyan 'to ng Fender/ Marshall switch?  :-D

Offline idoytuba

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 11:20:43 PM »
idoytuba,

Hindi nagiging " analog" and DD series kasi architecturally, talagang Digital Delays sila.

What can be done is a mod that can make the DD pedals sound like analog. Yup. I can give you some referrals na forumites if you want to ask around. :D

Ok. Pwede ba ako pumunta diyan bukas? I have a wah that needs to be fixed too. Let me know what time you prefer.

Thanks.

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 12:24:14 AM »

OMG! Sir BAMF I don't know kung napost na sa ibang threads pero paki-elaborate naman ung functions ng extra toggle switches and knobs ng monster na to! Nakakaintriga eh! Ang angas ng MT-2 na yan, If looks could kill, i'm dead by now! heheheh  :-D
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline guitargodskitz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »
sir ano po ba yung extra features ng bakemono? di ko kasi gets eh, kaya mo ba i-bakemono yung digitech distortion factory ko?
HalmistaVocalist Ako

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 01:45:29 AM »

OMG! Sir BAMF I don't know kung napost na sa ibang threads pero paki-elaborate naman ung functions ng extra toggle switches and knobs ng monster na to! Nakakaintriga eh! Ang angas ng MT-2 na yan, If looks could kill, i'm dead by now! heheheh  :-D

If I'm not mistaken...although I do use the same conventions as much as possible, these are the features of radiostationexp's MT2 Bakemono ;

Switch on the left : MT2-Megatubescreamer mode
Knob on the left : Pre-bass/presence knob
Switch on the right : Sushi module-warp select switch
Knob on the right : Warp knob

radiostationexp: yes, it's still possible to put in another switch there. Although I'm still studying and perfecting how to put that switch perfectly...kasi, put wrong, the high gain of the MT2 will make that mod squeal. So hold muna yun for now :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 01:48:40 AM »
idoytuba,

Ok. Pwede ba ako pumunta diyan bukas? I have a wah that needs to be fixed too. Let me know what time you prefer.

Thanks.

I rest on the Sabbath. Teka...technically that's a Saturday. But let's just say, I'm my daughter's bitch on Sundays. Up until she reaches age of majority. Ano ba yun...that's like 18 di ba ? :D .

On MWF, for the next 4 months, I have a teaching load and I can only muster to arrive by 5 pm at the earliest. T-TH-S, my standard time is 2 pm, but do text me first...baka atakehin ako ng katam. :D

radiostationexp

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 01:51:50 AM »
@ BAMF: Roger!!  :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 02:09:19 AM »

If I'm not mistaken...although I do use the same conventions as much as possible, these are the features of radiostationexp's MT2 Bakemono ;

Switch on the left : MT2-Megatubescreamer mode
Knob on the left : Pre-bass/presence knob
Switch on the right : Sushi module-warp select switch
Knob on the right : Warp knob

radiostationexp: yes, it's still possible to put in another switch there. Although I'm still studying and perfecting how to put that switch perfectly...kasi, put wrong, the high gain of the MT2 will make that mod squeal. So hold muna yun for now :D

How much does it cost for this kinda MOD? I like it :-D :-D :-D

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 03:13:36 AM »
oh yeaah!

my raped DS1 is on the bakemono list!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Damn, I'm late...

I've been honeymooning with the new evolution of the bakemono, it's a blast to mess with.

BAMF did more than just surgically graft a channel swtiching footswitch to the circuit.

-Upon my request, he pumped up the midrange more, o give it extra presence. The previous bakemono's tonality swing more towards the recto, fuller bas side, while the new one is a perfect marriage of vintage and modern. The extra mids add more "sing" to the notes.

-The pre-bass shape shift knob was tweaked to be a presence control. rounder tones when backed off, punchier as you increase.

- the footswitch feature is a real blast. With the gain dimed, you get full on clear saturation, stomp on the switch and you're in instant vox crunch territory, with no volume drop. think the beatles "daytripper". kinda nails it. I get sweet overtones on the neck pick up on the vox mode.

Methinks that it does merit another Bakemono version, a Bakemono Classic, or Extreme, or whatever. My brain's creative juices are at an all time low, time will tell...
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline humbucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 07:48:33 PM »
guys sori kung medyo ot: what does "bakemono mod" mean? is this the name of the 'modder' (ex. keeley) or is this a type of mod...or something else?

Offline milzer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 08:21:12 PM »
wow... sir BAMF my sound clips ba....? :mrgreen:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Merong mga soundclips sa www.soundclick.com/bamfxpedals

Hindi lang masyado updated pa. Marami nang bagong nangyari. :D

Offline soundsofmute

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 09:10:13 PM »
sir jobet!.....kasama na po ba sa bakemono mod yung gagawing tunog marshall or fender yung tunog ng

kahit anung amp?....or bukod pa pong modification yun?.....blak ko po kasing pa mod uliut yung sushi

moded ko na mt2
the red posion at  your lips...the red poison at your eyes..there, where i kissed the blood from!

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 09:18:08 PM »
wowowow!!!

can't wait for this day that they call "Saturday", i gotta lay my ears on that new toy  :-o
promise I'll be there  :wink:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:14 PM »
Ano nga ba soundclick url ng bakemono mo ? Ma-slurp na nga din para nasa isang lugar lang sila :D.

Offline soundsofmute

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 09:37:29 PM »
sir jobet!.....kasama na po ba sa bakemono mod yung gagawing tunog marshall or fender yung tunog ng

kahit anung amp?....or bukod pa pong modification yun?.....blak ko po kasing pa mod uliut yung sushi

moded ko na mt2

2nd qeustion po....pag na sushi na po ba yung mt2 pde pa po pagdagdagan yung "talas" ng tunog? anothe mod?......ok na po kasi yung chug chug nya eh..yung talas po sa lower strings bka pde pa idevelop na kaunti.....para ok sa chug chug at guitar solo.... :lol:
the red posion at  your lips...the red poison at your eyes..there, where i kissed the blood from!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 09:54:03 PM »
jobet, me needs a little work done on one pedal. by little i mean i just need the op amp removed and replaced with an IC socket. mabilis lang ba gawin yun?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »

moded ko na mt2

2nd qeustion po....pag na sushi na po ba yung mt2 pde pa po pagdagdagan yung "talas" ng tunog? anothe mod?......ok na po kasi yung chug chug nya eh..yung talas po sa lower strings bka pde pa idevelop na kaunti.....para ok sa chug chug at guitar solo.... :lol:

Wala pa sa Bakemono yung Fender-Marshall. Medyo hinay muna ako ikabit yung mod na yun, sumisipol e. Hanapin ko lang...baka kelangan lang ng shielding.

2nd Q:  yung sushi, bilog ang tunog nun. Pero pag naka Bakemono ka, merong warp mode, pwede mo i-dial in ang talas na gusto mo :D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:21 PM »
jobet, me needs a little work done on one pedal. by little i mean i just need the op amp removed and replaced with an IC socket. mabilis lang ba gawin yun?

It would help kinda to be a little more specific which pedal it is.

The normal answer is, sure, it's easy and takes all of 15 minutes. However, if your pedal happens to be double sided...ugh...it's a bitch.

Offline idoytuba

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 01:02:28 AM »
idoytuba,

Thanks.

I rest on the Sabbath. Teka...technically that's a Saturday. But let's just say, I'm my daughter's bitch on Sundays. Up until she reaches age of majority. Ano ba yun...that's like 18 di ba ? :D .

On MWF, for the next 4 months, I have a teaching load and I can only muster to arrive by 5 pm at the earliest. T-TH-S, my standard time is 2 pm, but do text me first...baka atakehin ako ng katam. :D

Saturday is ok with me. Tell me what time you prefer. Palinis ko na lang DD3 ko. No need to mod it. Then my wah is scratchy.

Please PM me how much will it cost me each.

Thanks!