hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 492209 times)

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #2950 on: November 08, 2017, 10:15:22 PM »
Mga bagong models ng SE! Gusto ko yung exotic wood veneer!

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/26498-prs-unveils-2018-se-series
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline silenoz

« Reply #2951 on: November 17, 2017, 08:50:45 AM »
san bang dealer locally available ang PRS? matagal ko ng pinapangarap to eh, dati nung available pa sa JB wala pa kong trabaho para maka bili, ngayong meron na sobrang limited na yung available.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2952 on: November 17, 2017, 09:55:42 AM »
san bang dealer locally available ang PRS? matagal ko ng pinapangarap to eh, dati nung available pa sa JB wala pa kong trabaho para maka bili, ngayong meron na sobrang limited na yung available.

Rockwell Power Plant Mall
P2 South Escalator Lobby, Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City
Telephone Number: 555-0246

Lyric Head Office (Sales)
80 Florentina Bldg. Main Horseshoe Drive corner N. Domingo Street, New Manila, Quezon City
Telephone number: 411-4376

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline shanghaiboris

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2953 on: December 27, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
just sharing my recent acquisition:

PRS Torero bought overseas... thing rips. i love it!

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2954 on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
2002 Santana III in Orange

*pics by 1st owner

Need your opinion: should I retain the aged metal hardware look or should I buff it?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2955 on: January 11, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »

*pics by 1st owner

Need your opinion: should I retain the aged metal hardware look or should I buff it?

wow! Congrats, bud.

I would keep the aged metal parts, brings mojo to its  age, but that's just me.
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2956 on: January 11, 2018, 12:58:06 PM »

*pics by 1st owner

Wow Jojo, didn't know you had this one! How's the feel of the neck?

Replace the hardware! MannMade USA is the way to go!  :wave:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2957 on: January 11, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
Hooooo
wow! Congrats, bud.

I would keep the aged metal parts, brings mojo to its  age, but that's just me.

HOOOOOOO BOY
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2958 on: January 11, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »
Thanks, guys! :)

@faceless - getting equal yays and nays among friends to making it bling. However, the wife is not really liking the aged metal look. hehe

@chino - neck is fatter from front to back compared to the SE Custom 22's neck.

@marco - sorry bro, what does your comment mean?  :-D

I was completely happy with the acquisition until an hour ago when I saw Jeba's DGT ad. It just made me wonder what if the DGT was better sounding and I missed it. I was buying the Santana exactly when Jeba posted the DGT!  :-D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2959 on: January 11, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »

@faceless - getting equal yays and nays among friends to making it bling. However, the wife is not really liking the aged metal look. hehe

@chino - neck is fatter from front to back compared to the SE Custom 22's neck.

@marco - sorry bro, what does your comment mean?  :-D

I was completely happy with the acquisition until an hour ago when I saw Jeba's DGT ad. It just made me wonder what if the DGT was better sounding and I missed it. I was buying the Santana exactly when Jeba posted the DGT!  :-D

That's the sound of envy coming from me hehehe

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2960 on: January 11, 2018, 02:38:17 PM »
That's the sound of envy coming from me hehehe

Hehe You shouldn't be. This guitar for me is here to compensate for my lack of talent in playing one.  :lol:

So, you for the vintage look or should I make it look newer?

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2961 on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
Hehe You shouldn't be. This guitar for me is here to compensate for my lack of talent in playing one. 

So, you for the vintage look or should I make it look newer?
Don't mess with it!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2962 on: January 11, 2018, 03:54:11 PM »
Don't mess with it!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Thanks! Will keep that in consideration.  :)

@chino (just in case I go for the newer look vibe) - The MannMade are 2-piece na pala. Weren't they 1-piece before? So would it be safe to assume that the ones being sold by PRS now are 2-piece too?

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2963 on: January 12, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »

We all wanna make our old ladies happy, so give in to it.  :-D

What pickups are on these Santana IIIs? Currently, there's one 2002 Grey Black in our local ads, I am tempted but I am saving for something else. Didn't notice it's 24frets until I saw the owl on the last inlay. I always thought Santana uses 22frets.

What's the body thickness on this, I wonder?

That DGT's a monster, but I'll take birds on any given day.
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2964 on: January 25, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
May signature amp na si Mark Tremonti! $649. Not sure how much Lyric will sell this but based on their PRS pricing...should be in the 32K-35K price range.

Mukha daw Victory VX Kraken amp. haha

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2965 on: January 26, 2018, 07:54:13 AM »
We all wanna make our old ladies happy, so give in to it.  :-D

What pickups are on these Santana IIIs? Currently, there's one 2002 Grey Black in our local ads, I am tempted but I am saving for something else. Didn't notice it's 24frets until I saw the owl on the last inlay. I always thought Santana uses 22frets.

What's the body thickness on this, I wonder?

That DGT's a monster, but I'll take birds on any given day.

Apologies for the super late reply. Didn't notice your post until the thread was upped by guitaricci's PRS Tremonti amp post.

Anyhoo, I think I will be going for that in-between look - the not so grungy and not really new metal hardware look. I'll do this by cleaning the metal parts well with just good old elbow grease, a cloth and a little Nevr Dull sparingly.

As far as the guitar's pup's are concerned, they are listed as Santana IIIs

For the thickness, here you go:

Apologies as I didn't get to learning how to read Vernier calipers.  :-P I did measure the thickest area the caliper could access. Hope the photo helps.

@chino - There are 2 variants of the MannMade PRS tremolo bridge - the NOS 1 pc version and a more updated 2 pc version. His site highlights the newer version so I thought the NOS version was no more. Sorry for not thoroughly checking first before posting the question.  :-D

@guitaricci - Nice price!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:55:35 AM by curiousdcat »

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2966 on: January 26, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:14:30 PM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2967 on: January 26, 2018, 05:44:26 PM »
No worries, man.

Those are pretty darn good pickups, the Bridge are ceramic and reads about 10.00 and the neck is around 7.00 with alnico mags.

The body thickness is between a Mccarty and a Singlecut with just hairline differences. My SC-58 is almost as thick as my LPs, so this Santana would come close that.

Anyhoo, I know you must have checked your Modcat, but here's one for you:

N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2968 on: January 26, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »
^Thanks a lot!

Didn't know about MODCATS til now. I thought they were from Thundercats or something!  :lol: I now see their use though.  :)

Am kinda wondering about the bridge description in the MODCAT - does that mean that there were 2 types of tremolos or was there a 2-pc stopbar/tailpiece combo for this model? I hope the one I have is still the 1-pc bridge from Mil Com.

Still can't stop drooling over the photo of your SC58 in the LP thread.

Cheers!

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2969 on: January 27, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »
^Thanks a lot!

Didn't know about MODCATS til now. I thought they were from Thundercats or something!  :lol: I now see their use though.  :)

Am kinda wondering about the bridge description in the MODCAT - does that mean that there were 2 types of tremolos or was there a 2-pc stopbar/tailpiece combo for this model? I hope the one I have is still the 1-pc bridge from Mil Com.

Still can't stop drooling over the photo of your SC58 in the LP thread.

Cheers!

Thanks man, the  SC58 is a joy to play having versatility in modern and vintage tones (57/08 set), with the playability you would expect from PRS. I love my LPs but there are times when I can't put this down and play the hell out of it.

Based on the MODCAT list, "T" stands for Tremolo and another "T" for 2 piece bridge. When you run the modcat, it does not say which is which since it only picks the entry from a list. Let me find that list as I've stashed it somewhere. It's not the 2pc fixed bridge afaik, like the MC594 and SC594/58s have. Those are marked as "2" on their modcats.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:17:38 PM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2970 on: January 29, 2018, 07:58:52 AM »
Thanks man, the  SC58 is a joy to play having versatility in modern and vintage tones (57/08 set), with the playability you would expect from PRS. I love my LPs but there are times when I can't put this down and play the hell out of it.

Based on the MODCAT list, "T" stands for Tremolo and another "T" for 2 piece bridge. When you run the modcat, it does not say which is which since it only picks the entry from a list. Let me find that list as I've stashed it somewhere. It's not the 2pc fixed bridge afaik, like the MC594 and SC594/58s have. Those are marked as "2" on their modcats.

57/08s FTW!!! They're my fave pick-ups of all time! I've played a few PRSes and the ones that really stood out were the ones with the 57/08s. :) I hope the ones being sold now by PRS are as good as the original ones as I plan to get a pair soon. Not for the Santana of course since its current set-up really sounds like Santana literally (I kid you not).  :-D All I need now is to have Santana's technique, phrasing and choice of notes and I could be called the PI's local Santana.  :lol:

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2971 on: January 31, 2018, 05:12:28 PM »

57/08s FTW!!! They're my fave pick-ups of all time! I've played a few PRSes and the ones that really stood out were the ones with the 57/08s. :) I hope the ones being sold now by PRS are as good as the original ones as I plan to get a pair soon. Not for the Santana of course since its current set-up really sounds like Santana literally (I kid you not).  :-D All I need now is to have Santana's technique, phrasing and choice of notes and I could be called the PI's local Santana.  :lol:

That should be awesome, man, Santana is one of the more successful PRS artists and his guitar has been a flagship model for years now. I bet you can nail that Santana tone, without needing a Black Magic Woman!

The aftermarket 57/08's should not fall far from the first editions. Knowing Paul's QC, he would have made sure each sounds as advertised.

I have those in 3 of my PRS, and they are great. Although I swapped out my MC58 bridge's to SD Black Winter due to its application and tuning (C standard), the 57/08s are still fine on low tunings. Howver I reckon a higher output bridge would be better on that axe.

I don't know why others are not keen on PRS pickups, but I had my share of Dragons and HFS/Vintage sets before and they really compliment the guitars they were in. I have a pair of Dragon 2 that I might put on sometime.

Don't forget the 85/15LTs (not the 58/15 since I haven't tried those yet) too, they are really warm and can take high gain amp settings like a m*th#f@kr  :cool:.

The 57/08 and the 58/15LT are really versatile. The former being offered now as PRS accessory/ies is a great chance to own one, they used to be sold with a free guitar at ridonculous price, imagine paying 3 grand for pickups with free guitar:-D
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2972 on: February 01, 2018, 04:32:16 PM »
That should be awesome, man, Santana is one of the more successful PRS artists and his guitar has been a flagship model for years now. I bet you can nail that Santana tone, without needing a Black Magic Woman!

The aftermarket 57/08's should not fall far from the first editions. Knowing Paul's QC, he would have made sure each sounds as advertised.

I have those in 3 of my PRS, and they are great. Although I swapped out my MC58 bridge's to SD Black Winter due to its application and tuning (C standard), the 57/08s are still fine on low tunings. Howver I reckon a higher output bridge would be better on that axe.

I don't know why others are not keen on PRS pickups, but I had my share of Dragons and HFS/Vintage sets before and they really compliment the guitars they were in. I have a pair of Dragon 2 that I might put on sometime.

Don't forget the 85/15LTs (not the 58/15 since I haven't tried those yet) too, they are really warm and can take high gain amp settings like a m*th#f@kr  :cool:.

The 57/08 and the 58/15LT are really versatile. The former being offered now as PRS accessory/ies is a great chance to own one, they used to be sold with a free guitar at ridonculous price, imagine paying 3 grand for pickups with free guitar:-D

Am guessing that they are judging the pups based on video reviews? I've played with guitars (even non-PRS ones) that had Dragons, HFS/Vintage, Tremontis, the Narrowfields, the ones on the 513 and now the Santana IIIs and vids don't do them justice.

Thanks for the tip on the 58/15LTs. Which models are they usually on? I will try to check them out next time I go abroad.

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2973 on: February 08, 2018, 02:58:09 PM »
Am guessing that they are judging the pups based on video reviews? I've played with guitars (even non-PRS ones) that had Dragons, HFS/Vintage, Tremontis, the Narrowfields, the ones on the 513 and now the Santana IIIs and vids don't do them justice.

Thanks for the tip on the 58/15LTs. Which models are they usually on? I will try to check them out next time I go abroad.

The 58/15sLTs are on the 594s (MC and SC) only. Perhaps they can be had for the Private stocks.

I am loving the low output pickups on heavy gain amp settings these days, the LT (low turns) and the 57/08 are effortlessly nailing the tone I am chasing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:44:04 PM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2974 on: February 08, 2018, 03:42:30 PM »
Late NGD post!

2008 Modern Eagle II Red Tiger

Eagle tag says its got ME2 pickups but I read that these were the first 1957/2008 first runs. The rosewood neck is so slick.

N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8