hulika

Author Topic: I dont like brand new guitars.  (Read 20766 times)

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: I dont like brand new guitars.
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
used guitar = milf :D
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline tsunamic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »
ako medyo psychological din in a way. gusto ko used guitar, kasi malakas loob kong kawawain. di naman sirain ah. pero mas walang makakapigil sa playing ko. walang hindrance. walang thought na baka  "magasgasan to" kaya dahan dahan lang. walang ganun pag used. music pa rin kasi ako over gear eh. para sakin lang naman yun. walang basagan ng trip. :)

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »
@ts that's your call man. i like brand new guitars and i tend to stay with them till they got old. it's fun  to discover its sweet spot(just my 2 cents). it's like you two are embarking on a journey to greatness.naks. :)

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
Yung sa mga ayaw ng brand new, pwede din namang bumili ng b-new tapos pahiram nila sa akin ng mga 5-10 years tapos ibalik ko sa kanila after...o di solved, di ba hehehe :-D
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline shadowsilk

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »
Mas trip ko din mga lumang gitara haha. Kakaiba ang pakiramdam pag 2nd hand.
“I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to” -Jimi Hendrix

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Yung sa mga ayaw ng brand new, pwede din namang bumili ng b-new tapos pahiram nila sa akin ng mga 5-10 years tapos ibalik ko sa kanila after...o di solved, di ba hehehe :-D
:lol:

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
I have yet to experience a brand new guitar... Philmusic classifieds guitar section has been so good to me for the past 4 years :)

but yeah, given the choice I would rather get a new one and "vintage" it myself, but buying used is just so practical and money-smart...
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »
This is so true, the best sounding guitars I have are those that has more than 10 yrs.  The best old guitar I have is a 1970s beat up Shinano classical guitar that I bought for 3k at makati cinema square.  Ang lakas ng tunog nya compared to my other acoustics, and people who play it is amazed at how good it sounds.

According to mang Jun, old guitars have an advantage because most of the moisture from the wood is gone so it resonates better.  Well, I can attest to that.  My old electric guitars (12-15 yrs old) sound louder acoustically than the new electrics I have.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
well if all people don't like brand new guitars, there wouldn't be any used guitar now haha. :-D :-D :-D

anyway, i like the oldness of used guitars and the kinis feel of the new guitars. so i guess it doesnt matter much to me.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2012, 01:18:19 AM »
ToneRite, PrimeVibe

for electrics i tape an old electric toothbrush around the neck of the guitar, let it on when till the battery dies..

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:45 AM »
nice thread!

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline guitarbrat

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 02:03:19 AM »
This is so true, the best sounding guitars I have are those that has more than 10 yrs.  The best old guitar I have is a 1970s beat up Shinano classical guitar that I bought for 3k at makati cinema square.  Ang lakas ng tunog nya compared to my other acoustics, and people who play it is amazed at how good it sounds.

According to mang Jun, old guitars have an advantage because most of the moisture from the wood is gone so it resonates better.  Well, I can attest to that.  My old electric guitars (12-15 yrs old) sound louder acoustically than the new electrics I have.

That's a fact bro. An aged wood is like an aged wine. It will taste sweeter and smoother. Guitars do too :-)

Offline egbdf

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 10:31:52 AM »
IMO, Guitars are like Girls  :)
What do you want an OLD one or a NEW/YOUNG one? :-D
I Prefer a NEW one, and together you'll make your own HISTORY.
 :lol:
Old guitars has their own STORY/HISTORY, its not yours to tell.....

I will only Chose the OLD Guitars if it was USED personally by Guitar Legends such us...
Hendrix,Page,Clapton,SRV,Vai,Satch,Mustaine,Hetfield,Hammett,Friedman,Becker,Johnson,Dimebag,Van Halen,Gilbert,Kotzen,Beck,Hoey,Lynch,Timmons,Wylde,Petrucci...... to name a few... 8-)

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »
i like brand new guitars that look old. NOT reliced but looks old. VOS gunk.
natural weather checking looks good IMO
lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »

According to mang Jun, old guitars have an advantage because most of the moisture from the wood is gone so it resonates better.  Well, I can attest to that.  My old electric guitars (12-15 yrs old) sound louder acoustically than the new electrics I have

Interesting. Diba sila Suhr are coming out with bodies na baked to basically do this artificially? I've seen one with it posted on another forum.

That said, I got my main guitar NOS about 8 years ago. It's going to turn 20 in two years. :) Pero for me, there are too many factors when it comes to different guitars. There are old duds and there are great new guitars. So just go with what sounds good, regardless of age.

Offline markcasq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
yeah, I think woods used on high-end guitars are not freshly cut, they might have spent some years in the factory to age.  I think I read that somewhere.  Tapos I saw sa american deluxe strat ko that the body has a different year marking vs. the neck.  So I was curious why that is.  Maybe they let these parts sit around until they pass the "age" test para maganda yung tunog pag binenta na.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
I like my Gil Yaron... its brand new but feels worn in.  Also, the wood on the guitar has only been together around 3 months and I guarantee you that it will beat a 90% of vintage guitars out there in terms of sound.   

Offline egbdf

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
yeah, I think woods used on high-end guitars are not freshly cut, they might have spent some years in the factory to age.  I think I read that somewhere.  Tapos I saw sa american deluxe strat ko that the body has a different year marking vs. the neck.  So I was curious why that is.  Maybe they let these parts sit around until they pass the "age" test para maganda yung tunog pag binenta na.
your right SIR! :wave:
that's why guitars that are made in USA or JAPAN are so pricey...
their woods was AGED in years before they were cut as your guitars(body/neck)... I saw how it was made in DISCOVERY Channel years ago, it was a CHARVEL/JACKSON guitars. It was then when i realized why some guitars are so expensive...  :wink:

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2012, 09:33:45 PM »
I like brand new guitars. Ayokong may ibang gumamit na sa gagamitin ko.

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »
I guarantee you that it will beat a 90% of vintage guitars out there in terms of sound.   

BTT:

I don't care whether my electric guitar is brand new or not. There's just too many factors that contribute to the final tone aside from the age of the wood.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:58:12 PM by Tasty »
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline modesmaster

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »
ok lang luma ang guitar basta all stock pa rin ang pick ups.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:10:32 PM by modesmaster »

Offline musicdigitalsounds

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
Para sakin ok lang pareho luma man o bago basta maayos pang gamitin at tumunog :wink:
Philmusicus Addictus / Lester William Polsfuss

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
It doesn't matter. I like them both.
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
I dont like brand new guitars because:

1. they are pricier that 2nd hand guitars

2. masakit magasgasan lalo yung unang unang tama...

3.kung DUD or di ka makapag BOND  sa kanya.. ok lang kasi 2nd hand at di ganun kamahal ang kuha mo...

4. mas mura ang 2nd hand..

5. mas mura ang 2n hand..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Saturn/Return

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »
Para sakin ok lang pareho luma man o bago basta maayos pang gamitin at tumunog :wink:

+1

Same here, it doesn't really matter to me.

Para sakin, as long as andun yung 'tunog' and 'playability' na hinahanap ko - I would take it home, be it a brand new guitar or an old beat up one. =)