hulika

Author Topic: Posting pictures - Warning.  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Justkev

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Posting pictures - Warning.
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »
I have been sent a warning from a moderator over not posting pictures but instead providing an email where they can be requested.
The warning included a link to a thread that seemed to be about avatar picture posting and unfortunately since my native tongue is English there was not much that explained how I contravened a restriction and received a warning.
My dilemma when first making it into this site I searched how to post pictures and could not find a simple English guideline how to do it. Ignorance is never an excuse but in this instance it is my only defence.
The offering of a source of overcoming this seemed the simplest solution but it appears to be a no-no but it was not my intention to flaunt the R&R of this site.
I attempted to reply to the warning but it failed and all text seems only to be accepted in an endless stream of one line so that is another gap in my understanding of MO on this site.
Hopefully a moderator will see this topic and give some clear English instruction how to avoid these problems. Thanks

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Posting pictures - Warning.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »
I have been sent a warning from a moderator over not posting pictures but instead providing an email where they can be requested.
The warning included a link to a thread that seemed to be about avatar picture posting and unfortunately since my native tongue is English there was not much that explained how I contravened a restriction and received a warning.
My dilemma when first making it into this site I searched how to post pictures and could not find a simple English guideline how to do it. Ignorance is never an excuse but in this instance it is my only defence.
The offering of a source of overcoming this seemed the simplest solution but it appears to be a no-no but it was not my intention to flaunt the R&R of this site.
I attempted to reply to the warning but it failed and all text seems only to be accepted in an endless stream of one line so that is another gap in my understanding of MO on this site.
Hopefully a moderator will see this topic and give some clear English instruction how to avoid these problems. Thanks

Hello, I'm not a mod, but here's the instructions on how to put images in your posts, which are required for For Sale/Trade posts:

1. Upload your photos to an image hosting website. Photobucket, Flickr, and public Facebook albums are popular here.
2a. If the service provides an IMG share link/code, copy that and paste directly in the text input box along with your text.
2b. If you only have the direct URL of the image, copy the URL, click the Mona Lisa icon above the text input box and paste the URL in between the "" tags.
3. Preview your post to ensure that the images appear within your post.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili