hulika

Author Topic: Church drummers thread  (Read 158776 times)

Offline mybabyowen

• Veteran Member
Re: DRUMMERS WHO PLAY IN CHURCH
« Reply #1000 on: February 01, 2012, 09:13:56 AM »
+1 for The Battle is the Lord
If I'm not mistaken si Abraham Laboriel ang bassist nun. Classic Masters.

Oo mismo...A.Laboriel the man...hehe...sa ancient of days may bass solo ata sya dun pati percussion...the best!  :lol:

Offline eLdanpot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1001 on: February 01, 2012, 09:28:19 AM »
Pati yung Through it all... ang hirap nung mga fill ins...

I agree. Yung Blessed album ay isa sa mga challenging release talaga ng Hillsong in terms of drum parts. Ang tindi kasi ng mga ginawa ni Mitch Farmer (http://www.mitchfarmer.com/) sa mga pinaluan niya doon. Nung bagito pa talaga ako, kagigil ang Shout of the King. Double bass pa sa climactic ending. Swabe.

At syempre, ibang klase ang mga palo ni Luke Munns doon.
Do hard things...

Offline ianhisoka47

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1002 on: February 08, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »

March 24, 2012| 9am-7pm| Word of Hope Q.C. in front of SM North Edsa| (02) 928-07-58|

March 26, 2012| 1pm-5pm| Pastors and Leaders Conference| 116 Timog Ave. Q.C. Near Gma-7| www.churchsoblessed.com

The BSSM Philippines Team is led by Kevin & Theresa Dedmon and Matt & Lindsay Coil. Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry or BSSM is a school of ministry in Redding, CA under Bethel Church with Bill Johnson. The school is committed to the truth that God loves people, gave Himself for them and has given His Church supernatural power to bring individuals and nations into wholeness. The school is designed to equip students to live a supernatural lifestyle, not just minister in the gifts of the Spirit. They are encouraged to be naturally supernatural by bringing heaven to earth wherever they go. Every year we send out teams to different parts of the world filled with individuals who will be changed forever as God uses them to heal the sick again and again. We have a high value for the presence and anointing of the Holy Spirit so come ready to get filled up and to learn how to cultivate a lifestyle of encounter with God!

Come and be Blessed!

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1003 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
+1 to Luke Munns, I find the albums of Hillsongs/Hillsong Unitedfrom 2006 and beyond na mas simple and malinis ang tugtugan. Or dahil siguro yun ang mga inabutan ko nung active pa ako.hehe Ako naman gustong gusto ko paluan ang "All about You".
Pati si Luke nacha-challenge sa beats nya kaya kumakanta na lang sya ngayon. :)

feature=related

Offline food.vulture

« Reply #1004 on: February 16, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »
+1 for The Battle is the Lord
If I'm not mistaken si Abraham Laboriel ang bassist nun. Classic Masters.
oh yeah!! Album: GOD IS ABLE. mid 90's ata.. childhood days.. hehehe
galing mag-arrange ni Tom Brooks!! :)

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1005 on: February 16, 2012, 01:39:23 AM »
oh yeah!! Album: GOD IS ABLE. mid 90's ata.. childhood days.. hehehe
galing mag-arrange ni Tom Brooks!! :)
I have that album on video. Parang lahat nang songs nila exhibition. LOL. My 1-year old son now watches it every morning. He likes the part where Ron Kenoly makes clap beats. "Everybody put your hands together and let's praise the Lord... Come on let's put out hands together and sing our praises unto our Lord..." :)

Offline food.vulture

« Reply #1006 on: February 16, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
I have that album on video. Parang lahat nang songs nila exhibition. LOL. My 1-year old son now watches it every morning. He likes the part where Ron Kenoly makes clap beats. "Everybody put your hands together and let's praise the Lord... Come on let's put out hands together and sing our praises unto our Lord..." :)
... and there's even a part during the clap beats when Ron Kenoly says, "in Spanish" :)

Offline lawliet

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1007 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:44 PM »
I forgot if I signed in here yet, but am the drummer for Flock of God Church Q.C.

favorite ko na drumman:

1. Lead me to the Father
2. Because You Gave it all
3. Every Breath (For- ever I surren- der.... BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM-EVER I SURREN-DER) ^_^
4. Came to my rescue
5. Rise up and Praise Him

etc
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:06:16 PM by lawliet »

Offline food.vulture

« Reply #1008 on: February 17, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »
I forgot if I signed in here yet, but am the drummer for Flock of God Church Q.C.

favorite ko na drumman:

1. Lead me to the Father
2. Because You Gave it all
3. Every Breath (For- ever I surren- der.... BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM-EVER I SURREN-DER) ^_^
4. Came to my rescue
5. Rise up and Praise Him

etc
BAM! BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM-EVER I SURREN-DER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Offline johnphilmusic.com

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1009 on: February 28, 2012, 03:02:07 AM »
UNITED METHODIST CHURCH PO., SA TONDO. GIG NMN SANA MINSAN :)

Offline food.vulture

« Reply #1010 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
mga bro, who's gonna watch planetshakers & israel houghton this coming april 21?!?! meet naman tayo o!! hehe im from cebu :)

Offline pejadanza

« Reply #1011 on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »
im from negros. saan ang concert bro? HOW MUCH TICKETS?
Pearl Masterworks, Sabian, Gibraltar, Roland, Mackie, Sennhieser

Offline dictatone

« Reply #1012 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:40 PM »
hi guys,

church drummers need to constantly improve but sometimes we just go to the band practice w/o practice or anything new to our drumming. Some church drummer also are less fortunate in terms of the opportunity to get lessons. Why don't we setup a once a month regular EB then para productive we will invite a regular teacher to teach us? Or we can study a topic for the next couple of month para may constant na inaaddress na area for development.

let me know who's interested. I'm located in Makati.

thanks,
JF
Jesus my strenght and my refuge!

Offline _tom_

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1013 on: February 28, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
ako i play drums sa church every youthmass. . pero regular sunday. . naka kajon ako.  :)

Offline eLdanpot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1014 on: February 28, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
im from negros. saan ang concert bro? HOW MUCH TICKETS?

Bro, sa SMART ARANETA COLISEUM ang venue.

VIP (Reserved Seating) P1800.
Patron (Reserved Seating) P1500.
Lower Box (Reserved Seating) P1200.
Upper Box A (Reserved Seating) P800.
Upper Box B (Free Seating) P500.
Gen Ad (Free Seating) 250.
Do hard things...

Offline food.vulture

« Reply #1015 on: February 29, 2012, 01:45:57 AM »
hi guys,

church drummers need to constantly improve but sometimes we just go to the band practice w/o practice or anything new to our drumming. Some church drummer also are less fortunate in terms of the opportunity to get lessons. Why don't we setup a once a month regular EB then para productive we will invite a regular teacher to teach us? Or we can study a topic for the next couple of month para may constant na inaaddress na area for development.

thanks,
JF
i agree w/ u bro.. just want to share: here in cebu, we have what we call DRUM & BIBLE :)
we meet every thursday at crosspointe church, just across sm city cebu.. it started w/ just church drummers but the LORD led us to open to non-church drummers as well.. and even other musicians (guitars & bass)..
usually we start 5-5:30pm.. there's bible-sharing, teaching (like note-reading, tuning, new discoveries..), and to cap it off with a drum jam; with 2-4 drum sets (we're still even making noise til' 12midnight) :-D
GOD has really been good because ever since we started last june 2011, every week there's always a new member to join the fellowship.. one of our highlights was when sir jeff lima (mymp) took his time with us.. (nakaka-nosebleed.. haha)
we're hoping / praying for more of our drum heroes in manila to come here -- to educate and inspire us; so that we may also be an inspiration to our fellow musicians here, and be a blessing in Jesus' name :)
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ken minneman

« Reply #1016 on: March 07, 2012, 01:36:29 AM »
mga bro, who's gonna watch planetshakers & israel houghton this coming april 21?!?! meet naman tayo o!! hehe im from cebu :)

Ako.. VIP.. kitakits bro.. text2x :)

add na lang sa fb.. djwonderland_014@yahoo.com... PM mo ako na ikaw yan.. di kasi ako nag aaccept pag di kilala.. hehe..

Bisaya pud ko! lol.. :D
keenevillanueva.wordpress.com

Offline ken minneman

« Reply #1017 on: March 07, 2012, 01:42:10 AM »
hi guys,

thanks,
JF

I'm up for this.. let's set an EB and open a separate thread exclusive for this.. I feel na maraming magpaparticipate dito since I feel na majority of drummers Either started in church or is continually playing in church.. :)

Offline noiska

« Reply #1018 on: March 23, 2012, 03:48:56 AM »

bro! kitakits!! VIP din yung ticket ko!! hahahahahaha.. from cebu din ako..  :-D

Offline zwischenzug

« Reply #1019 on: March 31, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
+1 ako sa EB.

Drummer sa DBD Christian Ministries sa satellite at minsan sa main.

Offline Cednina01

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1020 on: March 31, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
Im from Jesus Is Lord molino chapter .. Nkakatuwa dahil maraming DRUMMERS na ngseserve kay God ..

"let's create music NOT to satisfy people but to GLORIFY GOD ! "

Godbless CHRISTIAN drummers .. :)

Offline angeluz133

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1021 on: April 05, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
Jesis is Alive Marvelous here at Gumaca,Quezon kita kits na lang sa next YWAV gathering sa Alfonso,Cavite.

:)

Offline ken minneman

Offline dreendroid

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1023 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »
Naaalala ko lang dati na minamaliit ko tong mga pinoy church drummers. Dahil sa community na to nakita at nakilala ko ang napakaraming mamaw na tambulero. Cheers to you guys   :)

Offline Drummeroo

• Formerly known as "Iyan"
  • Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1024 on: April 25, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
pasali ulit  :)

recently from Life Church Makati, sa glorietta 4 activity center ginaganap yung service namin. attend kayo guys esp. kapwa drummers. sharing tayo ng word of god at words of wisdom sa pagddrums      :-D :-D
Nakipag 69 ako and then kakatapos lang pala niyang umebs, eh hindi ko natanong sa kanya , nasabik eh, ayun pati ebs nakain ko. Hindi ko nalang sinabi sa kanya baka ma offe