hulika

Author Topic: Howdy Folks  (Read 1595 times)

yona

Howdy Folks
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »
Hi.  My name is Yona. I'm a devout Christian and I'm half Filipino. I'm from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I'm 54 years old and I've been married to a Filipina for 34 years. I've got 6 grown kids, 4 girls, 2 boys, who are all married. They have given me 7 grandchildren.

I've been playing guitar since I was 12, but I'm not a master player. I've never been in a band but I've been onstage a few times just to play in a club, party or wedding as a guest.

I like 60's and 70's classic rock, blues and blues rock and once in awhile I have this mood where I think I am Zakk Wylde (if only) and dab at some metal. Lately I've really been getting into OUtlaw Country, Country Blues and Southern Rock, which I always liked, but it took me some years to get around to really focusing on it. I'm really into Steve Earle, Travis Tritt, David Allan Coe, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Black Oak Arkansas and Atlanta Rythm Section. I also really get into Black Label Society. I still have a deep love for the blues, I guess being from the southeastern part of the USA contributes to that. I love BB King, Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters.

I tend to like double cutaway guitars with humbuckers or P-90's, but I do keep a strat for some blues stuff. Right now I own a PRS Standard which I love, a Hamer Sunburst F/T2, a Hamer Sunburst A/TP90 (which I love, but can't figure out why they are called Sunbursts when the F/T2 is blue and the A/TP90 is a goldtop) and I also own a Fender Hwy 1 Stratocaster, which I changed the pickups to 50's reissue for the alnico 5 pups and put Wilkenson lock tight tuners and a Wilkenson tremelo on because I couldn't keep the thing in tune. It sounds great now, pure vintage strat sound.  I run all these through a Peavey Classic 30 amp.

I just play for enjoyment. I have no desire to gig, and I'm shy about playing in front of other people, but after all of these years of playing, I really don't know much about gear and the technology behind it. Hopefully I will learn something here. Thanks for having me.

God Bless,

Yona
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:21:24 AM by yona »

Offline sChEzZoWiCkEd

• Veteran Member
Re: Howdy Folks
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
welcome  :-D
ito ako at nagka GAS wala namang CASH!!! :-D

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 07:55:26 AM »
welcome to philmusic sir!  :-D
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

yona

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!!

Yona

Offline coolvoice

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 07:12:04 AM »
welcome to philmusic sir yona!!

enjoy and join the forum..

yona

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »
welcome to philmusic sir yona!!

enjoy and join the forum..

Thank you!

Paps

Offline pig.fly

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:29:41 AM »
welcome to philmusic sir yona =)
it's good to be alive!

Offline tuned

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 03:39:57 PM »
Welcome..... :-)
Take it easy , but take it.

Offline screamingguitars

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:40 AM »
Hey Welcome to philmusic.. :wink:

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
Welcome sir and enjoy your stay here.  :-)

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
welcome to philmusic :)
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline rust

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »
welcome  :-)