hulika

Author Topic: Strymon Pedals  (Read 48927 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Strymon Pedals
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Strymon Pedals
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
i listened to the soundclips of the El Capistan dTape Echo and Blue Sky Reverberator.. i like them both.. really nice ambient sounds from them..  :-D
$299?.. uhm.. that's quite high, for me.. lol..

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »
i listened to the soundclips of the El Capistan dTape Echo and Blue Sky Reverberator.. i like them both.. really nice ambient sounds from them..  :-D

im thinking used lol

Offline echo_ikaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
very good hyped pedals..hope i can try one..specially the BSR.. :-).. sana din nilagyan nila ng reverse...with that price range, should have all the crazy things..

Offline elliotdaniel17

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:44 AM »
beautiful! ahhhh

so is the price  :cry:

Offline Saudades

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 05:36:58 PM »
These pedals are de secks! I'm gassing for the El Capistan! But the Timeline 2 is gonna be out soon. I wonder how much it's going to cost Sir Bryan?

Offline sheepsmellslikeseashells

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »
i listened to the soundclips of the El Capistan dTape Echo and Blue Sky Reverberator.. i like them both.. really nice ambient sounds from them..  :-D

Eventide's Space costs $579. If the only thing good they have to offer is the "shimmer" effect. Then, i'd rather go for Strymon's BSR instead. ...a pre-owned unit, perhaps. $299 is still pretty high for me too. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:43:50 PM by sheepsmellslikeseashells »

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
Eventide's Space costs $579. If the only thing good they have to offer is the "shimmer" effect. Then, i'd rather go for Strymon's BSR instead. ...a pre-owned unit, perhaps. $299 is still pretty high for me too. :lol:

I'm hoping they price it not more than the timefactor, para competitive. But I won't be surprised if they go for the prices ng Empress.

I think pete thorn's demo of the El Capistan is ok as well.

Really liking mine:

Worth the wait for new stocks noon at pag-iipon :-D

I want to post a review soon. It's really nice sounding. Daming options (knobs also have a secondary function like reverb, tape crinkle, etc). I don't think there's a tape delay emulator out there than can do what it does (what with all the options like artifacts and tape age, etc). And I like the aluminum finish :-D no paint to chip there.

Cons.. It's picky sa power supply. It comes with one though (autovolt naman). But I know some people don't like having an extra adapter to plug in. It can be powered with an isolated power supply though, like the Voodoo Labs one. Ayaw lang niya na nasa dc chain talaga (kaya paminsan, but it can get noisy). No biggie for me naman. The tap tempo isn't your usual 'soft' switch. It's not hard to step on though. If you like presets, it doesn't have any. You can buy an extra Favorite Switch from Strymon which will let you store 1 preset. I know that's a deal breaker for some, lalo na for live uses. That said, I still think the sound more than makes up for it. I don't use a lot of different delay times when I'm with a band. Manageable for me to step down to move some knobs. If the preset is not that important for you, you can plug in an expression pedal. Useful siya for changing the mix knob :-D it can be set to change any parameter on the delay. 

It's a lot easier to order one now :-D dati, months in between restocks. Strymon only sells directly (except in some countries, na may dealers). Pero 'pag sa US or anywhere else, sakanila lang talaga. 5 guys lang sila sa Strymon. One's an ex-Line 6 engineer yata. Oks din customer service nila. Emailed Terry at Strymon a couple of times and he answered all my questions.

Offline posera!!

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »
I'm hoping they price it not more than the timefactor, para competitive. But I won't be surprised if they go for the prices ng Empress.

I think pete thorn's demo of the El Capistan is ok as well.

Really liking mine:

Worth the wait for new stocks noon at pag-iipon :-D

I want to post a review soon. It's really nice sounding. Daming options (knobs also have a secondary function like reverb, tape crinkle, etc). I don't think there's a tape delay emulator out there than can do what it does (what with all the options like artifacts and tape age, etc). And I like the aluminum finish :-D no paint to chip there.

Cons.. It's picky sa power supply. It comes with one though (autovolt naman). But I know some people don't like having an extra adapter to plug in. It can be powered with an isolated power supply though, like the Voodoo Labs one. Ayaw lang niya na nasa dc chain talaga (kaya paminsan, but it can get noisy). No biggie for me naman. The tap tempo isn't your usual 'soft' switch. It's not hard to step on though. If you like presets, it doesn't have any. You can buy an extra Favorite Switch from Strymon which will let you store 1 preset. I know that's a deal breaker for some, lalo na for live uses. That said, I still think the sound more than makes up for it. I don't use a lot of different delay times when I'm with a band. Manageable for me to step down to move some knobs. If the preset is not that important for you, you can plug in an expression pedal. Useful siya for changing the mix knob :-D it can be set to change any parameter on the delay. 

It's a lot easier to order one now :-D dati, months in between restocks. Strymon only sells directly (except in some countries, na may dealers). Pero 'pag sa US or anywhere else, sakanila lang talaga. 5 guys lang sila sa Strymon. One's an ex-Line 6 engineer yata. Oks din customer service nila. Emailed Terry at Strymon a couple of times and he answered all my questions.

ng iinget ka nanaman ng el capistan mo wahahah :-D patapak nga :lol:
Oh abandoned hearts with a battle cry we move to You we surrender
oh lead us forth oh Lord for now is the time to show out Your love we're moving forward we'll wait no more
because Your spirit is strong Your spirit is strong

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »
ng iinget ka nanaman ng el capistan mo wahahah :-D patapak nga :lol:

Dalhin ko pag jam :-D sms sent nga pala.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
@ Teleclem:

I'd like to know how does it compare to a pair of Boss DD5's in series, one being a dotted eighth and the other a quarter note? Those are my least requirements in case i'd consider getting one as well. Can it do the same "twin-delay" sounds as well? How does compare against the TC Nova Delay set on Dynamic?

It's really good to know that there are a lot of things the El Capistan can do. But, I'm more concerned about the accessibility once you're on stage already. Since, from where i'm standing, i think those features the said unit can perform may only be maximized during recordings.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 08:12:56 AM »
Hi.

I haven't really tried the two Boss delays at the same time. But I'm guessing that it's the same as the twin delay of a Timefactor? In that case, not exactly. On the 'Fixed Head' setting,  you can only select 1/16th, 1/8th, and 1/4th times separately. I think something similar can be achieved on the 'Multi Head' setting, but it won't really be exact. Haven't tried a Nova Delay, so I can't comment on that one. But compared to a DD-3 or DD-20, I think this can cop 'ambient' sounds much better because of the included reverb. It can also do clean delays, but yung unique talaga na strength niya yung mga worn out tape sounds.

On the fly tweakability for the secondary functions is going to be hard (in between songs and such). To access them kasi, tatapakan mo yung both footswitches at the same time. Sa primary functions, ok naman. But wala talagang presets. With the added Fav Switch, 1 preset lang meron. So it depends talaga 'pag live, if presets are important for the player.

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 09:57:57 AM »

hindi ako naiinggit sa el Cap. naiinggit ako dun sa sticker na kasama sa box. :)
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »
Thanks for your honest response, Teleclem. I noticed that the El Cap's sounds far warmer than the DD5's; and yes, it does have that sort-of reverb sound in it as well. I've only heard about the ND-1's Dynamic and Empress' Twin-delay settings over YouTube; and yes, that's pretty much the same galloping effect i'm looking for, at a minimum. The kind of "noise" i'm hearing is a really good feature from how i've heard on Pete Thorn's demo. Pretty much reminiscent of the earlier tape delays. But, given what you've said that it can not do the "twin delay" sound, i guess i'll just have to settle on my DD5's, for now. ...i'm also opting for a smaller footprint pedal that can do the same, that's why i asked. Thanks again, sir. :-)

Offline Saudades

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »
I tried my friend's El Capistan today and wasn't really the kind of delay/sound I was looking for. I think it's more of a YMMV thing. I might get the Eventide Timefactor instead.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »
hindi ako naiinggit sa el Cap. naiinggit ako dun sa sticker na kasama sa box. :)

black and shiny :lol: pm'd nga pala bro. noticed may stock sila nung switch.

@sheepsmellslikeseashells: Sure thing :-)

For a do-it-all delay, it's not the one talaga. It's really more of a tape delay. Kaya limited talaga siya for that sound. It depends on the needs and preferred delay type/tone of the the player. :-)

Kung one delay for everything, talagang timefactor (they said the new update sounds awesome)/timeline(i'd wait for this before buying a timefactor. im sure maraming magcocompare ng both)/superdelay.

Offline Saudades

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
I don't know if this was already posted but check this out mga sirs. $449 direct yata ang Strymon Timeline available in Spring 2011. It sounds awesome!

http://www.whatsthatdudeplay.com/2011/01/namm-here-is-it-the-strymon-timeline/

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
afaik former Damage Control guys ang may-ari nitong Strymon tama ba?

dagdag lang: tapos itong former Damage Control guys ay former Line6 guys pa. mga pioneer engineers ng Line6.
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline Grinbug

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »
strymon is GASSING me up everytime! I just bought The Reverberator then I found out last month there's Timeline this April! OMG! gastos!

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 01:35:34 AM »
Hmmm... Another nice pedal to try.

I saw their website and there's no local dealership here.
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »
afaik former Damage Control guys ang may-ari nitong Strymon tama ba?

dagdag lang: tapos itong former Damage Control guys ay former Line6 guys pa. mga pioneer engineers ng Line6.

Yeah. Pero hindi yata Damage Control at the start. Parang sila nagtakeover after some time. I think one of the Strymon guys is an ex line6 engineer nga. Not sure who.

@blacktele: Kay spanky ako nagpakuha :-) Closest dealer ata ng Strymon is in sg.

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »

@blacktele: Kay spanky ako nagpakuha :-)
Your Fav Switch is in VA. :)

Closest dealer ata ng Strymon is in sg.
meron pala dun? I was there last weekend; hindi ko naikot lahat ng stores..  :|

We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
meron pala dun? I was there last weekend; hindi ko naikot lahat ng stores..  :|

yeah yata. sayang!

Found this new vid kanina, posted by Ethan from Strymon

Timeline & Bluesky in action

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
yeah yata. sayang!

Found this new vid kanina, posted by Ethan from Strymon

Timeline & Bluesky in action

TIMELINE = GAS.

Offline Grinbug

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 06:02:36 PM »
TIMELINE = GAS.

Im selling my Empress VSMD if Timeline comes out!