hulika

Author Topic: mga sirs,need guide asap on delta 1010,, asap po..tnx tnx  (Read 2368 times)

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
mga sirs,need guide asap on delta 1010,, asap po..tnx tnx
« on: March 17, 2007, 04:13:14 AM »
it was said that u nid mic preamps pra magamit mo ng maayos yng delta 1010
at ma drive yng mics wen recording example micing drums..

here's the scenario,

wat if i got an 8 channel mixer and each of its inputs e may individual outs or direct outs
pero wlng mic preamp yng mixer or phantom power(tama ba?)

question...

can i connect the mic to the input of the mixer say mic 1 goes to channel 1 of the mixer and i will connect the direct out of channel 1 of mixer to input 1 or 2 or 3.... of delta 1010

can the mixer alone drive the mic without using external mic preamps
OR
in short,substituting mic preamp wit a mixer w/o mic pre amps..is it possible??
will the mic get enuf power/amplification from the mixer na tinutukoy ko; pra marecord sya via delta 1010??

medyo nakakalito po yta yng tanong ko pro hope you guys can figure out

tnx tnx tnx in advance po...

« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:19:00 AM by neil_squadron »
contact: 0905 5546913; ym: neil_squadron81<br />subzeroefx.multiply.com;neil_squadron08@yahoo.com<br />FS/FT :  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,137191.0.html

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: mga sirs,need guide asap on delta 1010,, asap po..tnx tnx
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:53:12 AM »
i have experience with the delta 1010.

yes, you can use a mixer to mic your drums and then connect the individual output to each IN on the delta 1010. you can also connect two mono channels on the delta 1010 into the L+R MAIN outs on a mixer if you want to do that also. however, if a mic requires phantom power to run then you WILL need a mixer with phantom power to run the mic otherwise the mic won't get the necessary voltage to operate. there is NO way around this because the delta 1010 cannot provide phantom power since it has no preamps built into it.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline choiskee333

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »
sir ano mixer mo?  yon sa akin MAckie 1202 VLZ Pro me 4 direct outs,  4 na mic preamp . Usually yong mic preamp ng mixer yon knob na "Gain"/ trim  halos yata lahat ng mixer me Gain Knob kung di me nagkakamali. Okei naman yong Gains ng Mixer ko, malakas na din signal. Bale and signal chain ko pareho tayo. Mic /Intrument input - direct out ng Mixer - input soundcard. kung walang phantom power yong mixer mo you need to buy a preamp with phantom power

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
sir ano mixer mo?  yon sa akin MAckie 1202 VLZ Pro me 4 direct outs,  4 na mic preamp . Usually yong mic preamp ng mixer yon knob na "Gain"/ trim  halos yata lahat ng mixer me Gain Knob kung di me nagkakamali. Okei naman yong Gains ng Mixer ko, malakas na din signal. Bale and signal chain ko pareho tayo. Mic /Intrument input - direct out ng Mixer - input soundcard. kung walang phantom power yong mixer mo you need to buy a preamp with phantom power

....or a mixer WITH phantom power. if the guy wants to record multiple tracks at one time, getting a set of preamps with phantom power might end up becoming more costly than just buying a mixer with the features he needs.

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 11:14:18 AM »
i have experience with the delta 1010.

yes, you can use a mixer to mic your drums and then connect the individual output to each IN on the delta 1010. you can also connect two mono channels on the delta 1010 into the L+R MAIN outs on a mixer if you want to do that also. however, if a mic requires phantom power to run then you WILL need a mixer with phantom power to run the mic otherwise the mic won't get the necessary voltage to operate. there is NO way around this because the delta 1010 cannot provide phantom power since it has no preamps built into it.

sir dba yng mga dynamic mics doesnt need phantom power (tama po ba)??

so kung dynamic yng mics ko pede ko gamitin mga direct outs kht wlang phantom power o mic preamp yng per channels ng mixer??
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 11:16:56 AM by neil_squadron »
contact: 0905 5546913; ym: neil_squadron81<br />subzeroefx.multiply.com;neil_squadron08@yahoo.com<br />FS/FT :  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,137191.0.html

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »
sir ano mixer mo?  yon sa akin MAckie 1202 VLZ Pro me 4 direct outs,  4 na mic preamp . Usually yong mic preamp ng mixer yon knob na "Gain"/ trim  halos yata lahat ng mixer me Gain Knob kung di me nagkakamali. Okei naman yong Gains ng Mixer ko, malakas na din signal. Bale and signal chain ko pareho tayo. Mic /Intrument input - direct out ng Mixer - input soundcard. kung walang phantom power yong mixer mo you need to buy a preamp with phantom power

sir soundcraft spirit folio 12 lng yng mixer ko..
old sya na may 8 direct outs..wla syang phantom poowe o mga mic preamps

another thing is
we're only using dynamic mics wich i thing doesnt need phantom power o preamp pra magamit

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 11:24:56 AM »
so my set up would be

dynamic mic---->to mixer input..corresponding output per channel--->delta 1010

no pre amps,no phantom power on each input sa mixer

is ths ok considering dynamic mics lng gamit ko??

maraming salamat po sa mga nagrereply
na aprec8 po nmn...tnx a bunch

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 11:40:57 AM »
sir soundcraft spirit folio 12 lng yng mixer ko..
old sya na may 8 direct outs..wla syang phantom poowe o mga mic preamps

Can you check and download the .pdf from here because AFAIK, the Folio has phantom power. Btw, the presence of XLR inputs as well as phantom power usually means the mixer has mic preamps.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 12:01:52 PM »
so my set up would be

a dynamic mic wont need phantom power, that is correct. however, Kit is right..having XLR would usually mean that there is a phantom power option but you cant make use of it unless you have condensers anyway.

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 12:15:10 PM »
so my set up would be

so sir is my set up ok..considering dynamic as my mics going to mixer then outs going to delta

a dynamic mic wont need phantom power, that is correct. however, Kit is right..having XLR would usually mean that there is a phantom power option but you cant make use of it unless you have condensers anyway.

Offline neil_squadron

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
aw yah sir kitc

may phantom power nga pla yng spirt folio

i can use balanced dynamic mics with phantom power switched on

and that wld be enuf to drive the mics pra magamit sa delta..