hulika

Author Topic: Loopers  (Read 8339 times)

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
Loopers
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
Guys, what loopers do you have? kindly share. anyone here with an RC 300 or Boomerang III?

Offline thkh

Re: Loopers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 08:08:40 AM »
At the moment I'm using a Timeline as a looper but I'm might get a dedicated looper in the future. It's a toss between Boomerang 3 or an Infinity looper.
i lurve delay pedals

Offline IncX

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:31:43 AM »
Ditto Looper for me...

before that, i used the TC flashback, and its not as good as the Ditto. i had other loopers, but i never used them, namely, the zoom g3 and the strymon el capistan.

my looping needs are ultra simple, and i never had a chance to use them live. im always worried about the drummer
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:34:41 AM by IncX »

Offline 24Fret

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
Line6 JM4 for me, I upgraded from boss RC20 xl

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »
At the moment I'm using a Timeline as a looper but I'm might get a dedicated looper in the future. It's a toss between Boomerang 3 or an Infinity looper.

what do you think about the RC-300? I'm thinking of getting a boomerang at first but the 300 kinda has more pull now, despite it being bigger and less portable. with the boomerang, to get the full experience, you'd have to get the other gizmos (ie side car).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:34:34 PM by analog.matt »

Offline thkh

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 07:44:06 AM »
what do you think about the RC-300? I'm thinking of getting a boomerang at first but the 300 kinda has more pull now, despite it being bigger and less portable. with the boomerang, to get the full experience, you'd have to get the other gizmos (ie side car).

I haven't read a lot of reviews on the RC300. All I can say about it is, it's annoyingly huge. Sorry

If I am to purchase a looper now, I'd pick a looper that can save/load loops and the boomerang doesn't have this feature. 

The infinity looper also needs a remote switch to maximize all of its features..
i lurve delay pedals

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:58:08 AM »
I haven't read a lot of reviews on the RC300. All I can say about it is, it's annoyingly huge. Sorry

If I am to purchase a looper now, I'd pick a looper that can save/load loops and the boomerang doesn't have this feature. 

The infinity looper also needs a remote switch to maximize all of its features..

its okay. yes the RC 300 is really huge. some even use 2 RC 300s at the same time, with external pedals pa.
maybe better suited if you own the stage and have your personal roadie.  :-D

the boomerang III is like an ipad, more or less, and very light. it doesnt have the capability to quantize. after 1 year, if anything happens to the pedal, the owner will pay for the repair.

i agree, to maximize the performance for these pedals kailangan talaga ng external burloloys. not so much with boss siguro cuz its already big hehe

Offline thkh

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »

the boomerang III is like an ipad, more or less, and very light. it doesnt have the capability to quantize. after 1 year, if anything happens to the pedal, the owner will pay for the repair.

This.

I don't know if merong quantize feature ang infinity looper. I have to read up more about that pedal..

I don't have personal roadie so I'd like to keep everything as compact as possible. 
i lurve delay pedals

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
yeah im looking into the infinity now as well.

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 09:23:58 AM »
Anyone tried a nux loop core? Planning to get one myself... an rc3 clone for a fraction of the price :) just want to have some opinions.
[/url]
Deuteronomy 8:18 "But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."

Offline mother_earth!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 05:26:49 PM »
mukhang okay yung NUX ang mura kasi  :)

Offline magtataho7

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »
I have a Digitech Jamman Solo. Light, compact, affordable, more versatile than the ditto and can record 80 hours of material with an external card. Does not suck tone like the RC-2

For practice and recording, priceless tool
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:15:35 PM by magtataho7 »
BLAH

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »
Zoom G3 ALL THE WAY! may  drum rhythm tracks ka pa

meron din sa BOSS DD7 kaso di magamit yng delay function pag naka looper.haha
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:28:50 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Impellitteri

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »
Anyone tried a nux loop core? Planning to get one myself... an rc3 clone for a fraction of the price :) just want to have some opinions.
[/url]

Hi Norvin!

Just a brief overview of the Nux Loop Core after long hours of testing:

1. Switching phrases/loops with no delay as compared to Boss RC-3 (1/4 second). I recorded an entire song per phrase/loop; intro, verse, chorus, bridge and some repeats. The rhythm track was in timing the whole time.
2. No tone suck/volume drop man even if its not true bypass. I use a buffer at the front and 4 true bypass pedals in between this looper. I use my main distortion and optical tremolo in comparison with and without the looper in the chain and the result was the same.
3. The stop mode fade out is cool.
4. It's hard for me to use the tap tempo for picking the right speed of the rhythm tracks. Maybe I'm a beginner at this, help please, someone?
5. I can't find the 40 declared rhythm tracks. It was 20 really
6. Check out Silas Fernandes' demos

I will try to post a video demo soon.

Offline mother_earth!

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
Hi Norvin!

1. Switching phrases/loops with no delay as compared to Boss RC-3 (1/4 second). I recorded an entire song per phrase/loop; intro, verse, chorus, bridge and some repeats. The rhythm track was in timing the whole time.
2. No tone suck/volume drop man even if its not true bypass. I use a buffer at the front and 4 true bypass pedals in between this looper. I use my main distortion and optical tremolo in comparison with and without the looper in the chain and the result was the same.
4. It's hard for me to use the tap tempo for picking the right speed of the rhythm tracks. Maybe I'm a beginner at this, help please, someone?

Please do sir..I'm really interested with this gear. Thank you in advance :)

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 11:02:42 PM »
Hi Norvin!

thanks dude for an early review of the nux looper :) twas a real quick deal sir ... God bless.
yeah,, abang din aq sa video...
Deuteronomy 8:18 "But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 05:09:44 AM »
Question.

Why would you buy a looper if you have a DAW system which obviously can loop recorded tracks?
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
Question.

Why would you buy a looper if you have a DAW system which obviously can loop recorded tracks?

1.Ease of use in front of our pedalboard/amp setup
2.Able to use it anywhere
"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline omarpulse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »
has anyone compared a nux loop core, tce ditto and the jamman for a live setup yet?

Offline ebacoids

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 10:06:13 PM »
quick question: pag in chain ba dalawang loop station tas nag record ka na sa isa, pag nag loop ka sa pangalawa makukuha yung ni loop sa unang ped?

Offline kernelsalonpas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
I use my voicelive play gtx's loop so i can loop both the vox and the guitars. once ko pa lang nagamit live and kelangan ko pa ng practice
no pic, no advise...

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 07:58:40 AM »
Just got me a TC Ditto. Nakakatuwa naman sya gamitin dahil simple lang. Pang practice lang. Plus, space saver.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline vhinnwilder

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
Hi Norvin!

hi! metal casing ba Nux Loop Core? or plastic like beringers? and how about ung mga knobs and switch okay pa ba? hindi pa ba nasira since bought?
Thanks.

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
Just got me a TC Ditto. Nakakatuwa naman sya gamitin dahil simple lang. Pang practice lang. Plus, space saver.

kakabili ko lang lol
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »
san nakatapat yung level ng ditto n'yo? yung s'kin nasa bandang 3 o'clock, di ko sure na upload ko mabuti yung firmware eh  :lol: