hulika

Author Topic: Vinnie Colaiuta now with Ludwig and Paiste!!!  (Read 4609 times)

Offline jckazs

Vinnie Colaiuta now with Ludwig and Paiste!!!
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »
Good job Ludwig and Paiste. Sobrang marketable to!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11545428&l=b2418ebaaa&id=25815273528

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Vinnie Colaiuta now with Ludwig and Paiste!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
Paiste cymbals perfectly fit him. Ludwig? Not so much. He deserves a DW. ;p

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:18:44 AM »
Di pa official yung Paiste.

DW pasok ren sana haaaay....  One of the most influential drummers in history. Grabe parang apektado ako!! Hahaha
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline jckazs

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 04:26:53 AM »
Mukang ludwig all the way, pati hardware. Ganda ng bagong Atlas hardware line ng ludwig. At par with DW hardware na den. Mukang more on old school vibe yung hinahanap kaya ludwig pinili kesa DW

Ah ok, hindi pa pala official sa paiste. Pero mukang dun na din papunta

Offline thunder_god

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »
So does it mean na madi-discontinue na A Custom line ng Z kapag nag-move na siya sa Paiste?  :wave:
"I tend to punish my gear so I like the angry Z Customs, while the classic A compliments the destruction."

Offline vandal

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 07:38:04 AM »
laking kawalan sa Gretsch nito, but a bigger gain for Ludwig.

tama lang siya sa ludwig. they have a greater legacy, better than DW, IMHO; and for a drummer of his caliber and timeless influence mas bagay sa kanya gumamit ng luddies. :) from yamaha to gretsch to ludwig; can't go wrong with any of them. he can even help the company out develop new ideas, just like what he did for zildjian.

mas nagulat ako sa pagpalit nya ng cymbal makers.

Paiste Formula 602 Custom! :lol:
Smart has the brains but stupid has the balls.

Offline ushuaia

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
sa website nya ludwig and paiste . no dw,so pati hardwares ludwig?

http://www.vinniecolaiuta.com/links.aspx

Offline jckazs

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »

tama lang siya sa ludwig. they have a greater legacy, better than DW, IMHO; and for a drummer of his caliber and timeless influence mas bagay sa kanya gumamit ng luddies.

+1...read in another forum na kit nya sa home studio is a vintage 3 ply ludwig. Dalas din gumamit ng supra sa studio despite being a gretsch endorser

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
kakagulat naman.. anyway ang tunog naman niya e nasa pulso niya.. wala sa drums.. hehe..
swerte ng paiste at ludwig..
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline pedros_canabis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »
Pati sa drummerworld, nka-state din na ... "In 2012 he changed some of his endorsements:
from Gretsch to Ludwig and from Zilldjian to Paiste."

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Vinnie_Colaiuta.html

Facebook ludwig, linabas na.. http://www.facebook.com/ludwig.drum.company
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:52:10 AM by pedros_canabis »

Offline lawliet

• Netizen Level
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
I always liked Paiste vs. Sabian, Meinl (Zildjians are ok.)

so magiging kasing galing narin ba namin siya na gusto ang Paiste? hehehe

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »
Dati Jr Robinson from Zildjian to Paiste

Now Vinnie Colauita Zildjian to Paiste.

Sa ngayon wala pang big name na lumipat to Zildjian.
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline zerosix

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
Mukang ludwig all the way, pati hardware. Ganda ng bagong Atlas hardware line ng ludwig. At par with DW hardware na den. Mukang more on old school vibe yung hinahanap kaya ludwig pinili kesa DW

Ah ok, hindi pa pala official sa paiste. Pero mukang dun na din papunta

Official na sir,
eto source from drummerworld.

In 2012 he changed some of his endorsements:
from Gretsch to Ludwig and from Zilldjian to Paiste.

Offline jckazs

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
Me pangalan na kasi zildjian...sumasakay na lang sila sa hype ng pangalan nila. Obviously, profit na habol, targeting a big chunk of the market (pop & rock musicians). Generally, heavy cymbals na gusto ng karamihan, kaya malamang mabibigat na din na cymbals linalabas nila lately. Alam din nila na wala na silang binatbat sa mga turkish cymbal makers kaya hindi na nila sinusubukan labanan pa. Business people na nagpapatakbo sa Zildjian, no longer people who are passionate about cymbal making and drums. Pero sigurado, despite comments everywhere that Zildjian does not make cymbals like they used to, they're still one of the highest earners, if not the highest earner of them all, in the industry.

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »
Me pangalan na kasi zildjian...sumasakay na lang sila sa hype ng pangalan nila. Obviously, profit na habol, targeting a big chunk of the market (pop & rock musicians). Generally, heavy cymbals na gusto ng karamihan, kaya malamang mabibigat na din na cymbals linalabas nila lately. Alam din nila na wala na silang binatbat sa mga turkish cymbal makers kaya hindi na nila sinusubukan labanan pa. Business people na nagpapatakbo sa Zildjian, no longer people who are passionate about cymbal making and drums. Pero sigurado, despite comments everywhere that Zildjian does not make cymbals like they used to, they're still one of the highest earners, if not the highest earner of them all, in the industry.

Kanya kanyang tenga lang siguro. Madami parin akong kilala na ZIldjian whore not because of anyone else(endorsers) but trip talaga nila ang Popish/clangy sound ng ZIldjians.

Offline jckazs

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »
Edit: "Alam din nila na wala na silang binatbat sa mga turkish cymbal makers kaya hindi na nila sinusubukan labanan pa." --- walang binatbat pagdating sa dark / complex sound (which zildjian was known for ages ago).

Actually isa ko sa mga zildjian whores hehe me mga ok pa naman din silang linalabas. Kaya lang ngayon masmadami nang mapapagpilian na ibang brands, na minsan mas ok at mas mura.

Offline pedros_canabis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 12:37:53 AM »
Video of Vinnie explaining about his discover of Paiste

Offline lawliet

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »
There was a cymbal stand with a ride cymbal on it, and a hi-hat stand with hi-hats. I walked over and tapped the cymbal and said to the drum technician, 'what is THIS?' He said, 'that is a Paiste Traditional ride'. It sounded great. I said, 'a WHAT'? I had no idea that Paiste made them. I thought, 'how did I NOT know that these existed, and never heard them'?

VINNIE COLAIUTA JOINS PAISTE

Hmm? Me too, before deciding I would play Paiste, the first cymbal from them I heard/noticed and liked was the Ride.

Looks like more people's entry to Paiste is the Ride.

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »
From the Inquirer today:

"It’s been 18 years since the multi-talented singer-songwriter and front man of the disbanded New Wave rock trio The Police first performed in Manila. That concert, also mounted by Ovation, was held in 1994 at the old Ultra open field.

The MOA Arena show is part of Sting’s 2011-2012 “Back to Bass” world tour, which heads to Asia in December. The tour, which will feature Sting playing again his principal instrument, the bass guitar (hence, the tour’s title), is in support of his recently released 3 CD-DVD box set collection, “Sting 25 Years,” and a 12-track CD retrospective, “Sting: The Best of 25 Years.”

His website, sting.com, said that the ongoing tour also features a tight three-man band composed of Sting’s favorite sidemen Dominic Miller (guitar), David Sancious (keyboards) and Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), plus Peter Tickell (electric fiddle) and Jo Lawry (vocals)—“performing his most celebrated songs, stripped down.”

Mark this date guys: Dec. 9 at the SM Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena  :razz:

I was at the ULTRA concert and it was amazing, he had a full band...we should expect a whole new experience with this tight set-up in such a big venue...

Offline Sherwin_xx2002

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
From the Inquirer today:

"It’s been 18 years since the multi-talented singer-songwriter and front man of the disbanded New Wave rock trio The Police first performed in Manila. That concert, also mounted by Ovation, was held in 1994 at the old Ultra open field.

The MOA Arena show is part of Sting’s 2011-2012 “Back to Bass” world tour, which heads to Asia in December. The tour, which will feature Sting playing again his principal instrument, the bass guitar (hence, the tour’s title), is in support of his recently released 3 CD-DVD box set collection, “Sting 25 Years,” and a 12-track CD retrospective, “Sting: The Best of 25 Years.”

His website, sting.com, said that the ongoing tour also features a tight three-man band composed of Sting’s favorite sidemen Dominic Miller (guitar), David Sancious (keyboards) and Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), plus Peter Tickell (electric fiddle) and Jo Lawry (vocals)—“performing his most celebrated songs, stripped down.”

I was at the ULTRA concert and it was amazing, he had a full band...we should expect a whole new experience with this tight set-up in such a big venue...

yes!!!
CARPE DIEM

Offline jckazs

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
Nice! Vinnie in the philippines! Also saw sting back in 94. One of the few artists na sulit talaga dahil sa set list. Big plus na si Vinnie Colaiuta pa kasama. Surreal experience!

Offline ken minneman

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
From the Inquirer today:

Yihee... Kinilabutan yung kili kili ko run.. Calendar will be marked.. See you there mga kapatid.. :)
keenevillanueva.wordpress.com