hulika

Author Topic: Share your Pedaltrain! (The Pedaltrain Armada)  (Read 268635 times)

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Share your Pedaltrain! (The Pedaltrain Armada)
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
hi, question lang, have any of you guys tried bringing your pedals boards along with you when you travel?

Di ba kayo hinaharangan sa xray machine? Tas pinapabuksan yung case ng board.

May nakatry naba sa inyo na hindi pinayagan icheck in yung pedal board?

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04:58 PM »
hi, question lang, have any of you guys tried bringing your pedals boards along with you when you travel?

This may help a bit.  Courtesy of Ms. bh.   :-)

i also just use a softcase and just remember where i set my knobs,  besides, you have to do some tweaking anyway when you get to the gig, if im flying, i just put the pt2(in a softcase) inside another suitcase wrapped with clothes, etc to further protect it. Anyhow, here's a new addition (idea from TGP)..

it lights up!!

and the underside

everything powered by a pp2+, im using the pp2+ courtesy outlet for the lights and harmony g
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:09:01 PM by curiousdcat »

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
This may help a bit.  Courtesy of Ms. bh.   :-)

no disrespect bro but that didn't answer my question.....

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2010, 05:48:36 PM »

it's fine, kung pinabukas man o hinarangan ka, buksan mo and tell 'em they're pedals, no big deal, kung di ka pinayagan, BS yun.

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »

alvin pwede, marami na ko nakasabay na musikero's dala lahat ng gamit naka-hardcase hindi naman pinabuksan sa airport. even if pabuksan yun there's nothing to fear, those are just pedals :-)

looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
no disrespect bro but that didn't answer my question.....

None taken.   :-)  I just thought that the bold and italicized portion would have answered your first question.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it was on this PT thread or another thread (sorry, search function isn't working for me now) that talked about the matter that concerns you.  Based on that thread, different people have different experiences as far as travelling with their pedalboards.  The consensus was just to open the pedalcase up when asked and not to worry about it.  I have personally travelled back and forth with my board, albeit not a PT, and wasn't questioned at all at any port.  If you are worried about the PT because it is metallic after all, I am guessing that bh's reply will prove that she, and anybody else for that matter, can travel with any board.  Btw, check with your airline if they have weight restrictions on carry-ons too because some airline do have restrictions on them while some don't.  You're lucky if you have the PT ATA version; you can rest assured that nothing will happen to it if you opt to check it in.

I hope I was able to help you out further on that one.  

Cheers!

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
ahhh thanks for the replies :)

kasi last time dinala ko pedals ko, hinarangan ako at ang daming tanong, kala siguro nila bomba, dami kasi patch cables lol

@curiousdcat - aie bro, medyo nagets ko na pala first post mo, i guess i was just looking for a more specific answer hehe :) thanks :)

@rmansh - hey bro, pati ba international flights like in your case china, wala ding problem? :)

I just wanna make sure, natrauma na kasi ako sa last experience ko na dala ko yung board, kala ko icoconfiscate nila yung board ko lol, ganun ka strikto....pati marlboro lights ko pinakialaman pa tsk3, pero siguro ok na din yun atleast alam ko safe ako sa security nila.
anyway thanks and sorry medyo OT :)

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

@rmansh - hey bro, pati ba international flights like in your case china, wala ding problem? :)

I just wanna make sure, natrauma na kasi ako sa last experience ko na dala ko yung board, kala ko icoconfiscate nila yung board ko lol, ganun ka strikto....pati marlboro lights ko pinakialaman pa tsk3, pero siguro ok na din yun atleast alam ko safe ako sa security nila.
anyway thanks and sorry medyo OT :)

walang problema. pero yun lighter/posporo bawal
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Saturn/Return

« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2010, 12:32:07 AM »

it lights up!!

Very cool!

here is my PT-1 HC, i want to get a PP2+ pero can't justify the cost at this time:

Nice set up Romy!  :-)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2010, 01:12:11 AM »
Nice! Are you experiencing any noise?

i also just use a softcase and just remember where i set my knobs,  besides, you have to do some tweaking anyway when you get to the gig, if im flying, i just put the pt2(in a softcase) inside another suitcase wrapped with clothes, etc to further protect it. Anyhow, here's a new addition (idea from TGP)..

it lights up!!

and the underside

everything powered by a pp2+, im using the pp2+ courtesy outlet for the lights and harmony g
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

william251082

« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »
^^kaya maingat akong mag-add ng kung anu-ano sa pedalboard, dahil natatakot ako sa unwanted noise. :-D

Offline sd8450

« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »

Nice set up Romy!  :-)

Thanks bro, i got the PT-1 HC from Blackwood in Singapore. Thanks to you and the others who shared detailed instructions how to go there sa isang thread dito sa GC. :-)
Vintage and Not-So Vintage Amps
http://vintageguitaramps.blogspot.com/

Offline sercor

« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
magkano ba pedla train? im from cebu, im planning to sell my pedalboard

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
magkano ba pedla train? im from cebu, im planning to sell my pedalboard

check here.
http://www.epictone.com/

Offline bh

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »
Nice! Are you experiencing any noise?

absolutely no added noise for me.. Was kinda worried about that too, but then I remembered all those trailer trash boards with lights. Noise was the first thing I checked for :). Lights just get a little warm (not hot) after a few hours of use...just like any regular Christmas lights..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:04:15 PM by bh »

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »
absolutely no added noise for me.. Was kinda worried about that too, but then I remembered all those trailer trash boards with lights. Noise was the first thing I checked for :). Lights just get a little warm (not hot) after a few hours of use...just like any regular Christmas lights..

hi bh, 8slots lang yung pp+ di ba, pero 12 pedals yung nasa board, paano nangyari yun? daisy chained?
nasa stage pa rin kasi ako paano ko ikakabit at aayusin yung pedalmax (12slots) sa ilalim ng pt  :lol:

thanks  :lol:

Offline bh

« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »
^^kaya maingat akong mag-add ng kung anu-ano sa pedalboard, dahil natatakot ako sa unwanted noise. :-D

True:) adding more stuff requires more work and research...you can check out Andreas site for all your powering and noise concerns .
 http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/psu.htm
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/bossadapt.htm
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:24:17 PM by bh »

Offline bh

« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
@arkeetar. Yeah some pedals are daisy chained, I had to experiment to find which pedals have no problem sharing an output . here's what I got.
The empress superdelay gets noisy when sharing so it has an isolated 12v..the wah, tremolo and Prometheus (not in photo) share an isolated sagged output(7v ).
 Timmy and boost and buff are daisy chained to an 18v output (2x 9v outputs connected in series).  Overdrive pedals are daisy chained too.  You can check out this list
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/list.htm
for the current draw of diff pedals so you know that you hve enough mA power for the pedals you're daisy chaining-- and tips too.
The pp2+ also has a courtesy outlet in the back where I attached a small extension cord. I Plugged the light and the harmony g into that so they're isolated too:)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:22:35 PM by bh »

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
@arkeetar. Yeah some pedals are daisy chained, I had to experiment to find which pedals have no problem sharing an output . here's what I got.
The empress superdelay gets noisy when sharing so it has an isolated 12v..the wah, tremolo and Prometheus (not in photo) share an isolated sagged output(7v ).
 Timmy and boost and buff are daisy chained to an 18v output (2x 9v outputs connected in series).  Overdrive pedals are daisy chained too.  You can check out this list
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/list.htm
for the current draw of diff pedals so you know that you hve enough mA power for the pedals you're daisy chaining-- and tips too.
The pp2+ also has a courtesy outlet in the back where I attached a small extension cord. I Plugged the light and the harmony g into that so they're isolated too:)
wow! great share  :lol: kunin ko na daisy chain ni papotz, salamat marami  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:24:55 PM by arkeetar »

Offline bh

« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
by the way, you have to see if pedal max has isolated outputs or if it's like a DC brick, which isnt isolated and automatically daisy chains the power.   because some delays( and loopers like the boss rc2) really need to be isolated to be noiseless.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2010, 06:38:25 PM »
by the way, you have to see if pedal max has isolated outputs or if it's like a DC brick, which isnt isolated and automatically daisy chains the power.   because some delays( and loopers like the boss rc2) really need to be isolated to be noiseless.

ah sure naman akong isolated yung pedalmax  :lol:

reverb saka hardwire dl-8 lang naman siguro malakas, yung iba hindi na ganun kalakas outputs :lol:

regarding sa rc-2, agree ako, lakas pa tone suck  :lol:

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2010, 04:34:11 AM »
^^

@arkeetar

What size/version of PT is that?

Yours Truly,
PT Noob

:-D

william251082

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2010, 04:46:39 AM »
True:) adding more stuff requires more work and research...you can check out Andreas site for all your powering and noise concerns .
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/bossadapt.htm
Wow! thanks for this bh!

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
same old .... same old...

...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »
Moogerfooger!

Sir leech, yung nasa loopers yung mga moog?