The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

True Acoustic Tone

(1/1463) > >>

Kulas:
as per sir deltaslim's suggestion in the other thread. let's discuss everything acoustic in this thread. what's a good sounding acoustic for you? what shapes the tones of acoustic guitars eg. body type, wood type, strings, etc. and if anyone can post clips, that would be more than welcome. and what's the best recorded acoustic sound you've heard.

for me, i think i have "decent" acoustic guitars naman at the least. both dreadnoughts. i'll try to post clips of them pag naka-record ako, both acoustic and amplified.

for me the best recorded acoustic sound i've heard would be in john mayer's album, no room for squares.

nicest acoustic i've tried so far was the martin om-21 in tomlee hongkong.

my dream acoustic guitar is a martin om-28v, though i can settle for a blueridge br-263, hehe.

i have a jasmine s80s equipped with l.r. baggs ribbon transducer running through the l.r. baggs para acoustic d.i. and my other acoustic is a 1975 morris w-15.

Red_Strat:
I'm not experienced enough to really get into a discussion like this, pero magpaparamdam lang ako sa thread ni kulas. Basta acoustic.  :mrgreen:

abyssinianson:
personally, i like acoustics that are made of mahogany with something like a Cedar or Spruce top. The tone sounds nice, deep with a long, warm solid decay with each chord. I really like the Alvarez Kazuo Yairi guitars and those have been my main guitars ever since I got a DY62c and a WY1. I might get a fusion series model down the line to backup my DY62c because it is my favorite guitar and it would suck if that went and I didn't have another that sounded like it. I tried Taylors before going with the Yairi but I never found a Taylor or Martin that I really loved. But lately, I've really liked the sounds of Santa Cruz, Breedlove, and Froggy Bottom Guitars. They sound a lot like my Yairi's and feel very solid in my hands. I have a very percussive right hand from playing solo a lot so a nice solid guitar is nice:)

Poundcake:
hehe i don't know much about acoustic guitars too... i'm only using a Yamaha APX-4A acoustic, a far cry from Martins, etc. the best acoustic guitar i've ever tried is a Taylor Presentation series guitar. grabe sa tone, grabe din yung price hehe :)

kaloyster:
Room for Squares lang par kulas :)

yeah i really love that album. John Mayer is a skilled musician all in all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version