hulika

Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW  (Read 1241273 times)

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW
« Reply #7000 on: July 03, 2015, 04:42:20 PM »
^@sonic hahah ganun ba. pero seriously, in my experience namimili yun ng magandang amp..

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7001 on: July 04, 2015, 05:11:51 AM »
^But why!? Binenta ko lang talaga yung Rat2 ko kasi may kailangan ako bilhin nung time na yun eh. DS2 rin gusto ko matry para sa frusciante fandom ko haha. Hirap ako magdescribe ng mga tunog nila, sa words.. Sana may shop na nakahilera lahat mga test units sasaksak ka na lang ng own guitar mo..

@sir nikko, I think kinukulang ka sa SBP kasi marketed siya as overdrive, not really "distortion" (I think SCB yung flahship distortion pedal nila). Although yes mataas ang gain na naaabot ng blues pro ko (not SBP) compared to some "overdrive" pedals like the bad monkey which for me is a very low gain od. That's why I sold mine and bought the bluespro.

I bought the SBP to replace a dying TS9(Keeley Mod) because of the switchable clipping modes of SBP and the  different fancy coloration for the sound and undoubtedly with the amount of shaping you can do with the tone makes it very versatile, pero yun nga nabitin ako sa SBP "preference" wise siguro dahil na rin na bingi yung tenga ko sa TS9,But I'd take a SBP any time of the day for some arena rock tones and gritty blues,and yes you can get centaur-ish drive from SBP mas sobrang simple lang talga ang soulfood kaya yun ang naiwan sa board ko.

The RAT is an ok pedal,but if you're planning to cover a lot of ground,the RAT will be useless standing alone. It really do need a decent amp yung distortion kasi nang RAT parang sobrang lo-fi compared to recent incarnation of distortion pedals.

kung unconventional distortion hanap mo check Malekko Heavy Industries' Sloika,Catalinbread's Perseus and Octopussy, or punch your amp's speaker cone(Friendly Reminder: Please ensure that the unit is isolated from any electrical supply before doing so and wear an awesome costume just for the heck of it, this act may induce feral rage might as well put up a 300 mile radius perimeter fence; you have been warned :D ). hahahaha

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:19:21 AM by j.nikko3123 »
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7002 on: July 04, 2015, 05:52:43 AM »
Sana may shop na nakahilera lahat mga test units sasaksak ka na lang ng own guitar mo..

Sana may shop na mag lalagay nang testing area where in may artist rig nang naka set-up, like plugging in to Frusciante's Rig, as long as the store is carrying the pedals and amp  that frusciante is using. Parang multi-fx na may presets. Tapos pag may hardcore wealthy hobo na papasok "I'm buying that rig" hahaha

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7003 on: July 04, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »
^same sentiments sa testing area ng mga shops.  Hehe. Yup!  You are right that the RAT is not versatile.  Mas versatile pa din yung good old DS1 in my experience.  But the RAT has its own beauty that I like and if I don't have to sell gear to buy another, I won't sell it .  You really do know your drive pedals! I'll "research"  those pedal suggestions.  :) thanks!

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7004 on: July 04, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »

Sana may shop na mag lalagay nang testing area where in may artist rig nang naka set-up, like plugging in to Frusciante's Rig, as long as the store is carrying the pedals and amp  that frusciante is using. Parang multi-fx na may presets. Tapos pag may hardcore wealthy hobo na papasok "I'm buying that rig" hahaha

That is a good idea :-)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW
« Reply #7005 on: July 04, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
Error
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:43:02 PM by royc »

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7008 on: July 04, 2015, 09:30:31 PM »
@nikko, I like catalinbread perseus,  but I like the malekko Helium even more!  Haha just discovered it.

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7009 on: July 05, 2015, 04:36:43 AM »
@nikko, I like catalinbread perseus,  but I like the malekko Helium even more!  Haha just discovered it.

Why not get the two and summon your inner Hendrix! hahahaha For cheapskate alternatives you can get the MXR La Machine and the Sub Machine,  :wink: they won't dissappoint promise
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:00:53 AM by j.nikko3123 »

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7010 on: July 05, 2015, 09:21:49 PM »
^I like all the pedals that you guys here suggested.  But I decided I won't buy a hendrixy pedal for now,  because I think hindi naman ako traditional player (what an excuse to not be able to play like him or my other guitar heroes,  ikr!)  Hehe. So far, the one nearest to the sound in my head (origin of GAS) is the Sloika! Well at least based on youtube demos.

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7011 on: July 06, 2015, 04:10:55 AM »
^I like all the pedals that you guys here suggested.  But I decided I won't buy a hendrixy pedal for now,  because I think hindi naman ako traditional player (what an excuse to not be able to play like him or my other guitar heroes,  ikr!)  Hehe. So far, the one nearest to the sound in my head (origin of GAS) is the Sloika! Well at least based on youtube demos.

May murang-mura na sloika sa Classifieds! :D

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7012 on: July 06, 2015, 08:19:06 AM »
^same sentiments sa testing area ng mga shops.  Hehe. Yup!  You are right that the RAT is not versatile.  Mas versatile pa din yung good old DS1 in my experience.  But the RAT has its own beauty that I like and if I don't have to sell gear to buy another, I won't sell it .  You really do know your drive pedals! I'll "research"  those pedal suggestions.  :) thanks!

Yung RAT kasi classic tone sya  :) Para sigurong Metal Zone, not versatile pero kung gusto mo ng time machine pedal to the 90s, saksak mo lang  :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7013 on: July 06, 2015, 11:45:31 AM »

the helium is nice when paired with a DLS :D very very amp like. prang binasag mo yung marshall sound ni DLS. swabe!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7014 on: July 06, 2015, 12:22:43 PM »
^DLS od and Helium dist!? Boutique level na ang gas ko, magpapahinga muna ako sa philmusic. hahaha.

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7015 on: July 06, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »
Grab it!Grab it!Grab it! hahaha Both can be arranged from Pedal Peddler.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7016 on: July 06, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
Parang ang sarap nga ng DLS. Mahirap lang umpisahan GAS sa dirt pedals eh. Di nagpapatulog yan eh.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7017 on: July 06, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »
^Pag nag EB jam dala kayo ng mga Malekko/Catalinbread ha, patry naman! :D Sakto ang sig mo sir boxedking... pero.... for inspiration yun. hahaha!

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7018 on: July 06, 2015, 05:37:57 PM »
^Pag nag EB jam dala kayo ng mga Malekko/Catalinbread ha, patry naman! :D Sakto ang sig mo sir boxedking... pero.... for inspiration yun. hahaha!
Reminder to self yan.  :lol:
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7019 on: July 07, 2015, 05:46:24 AM »
Sino merong MXL mic? i'm eyeing a pair of 440&441 for 99USD.

Offline DonRomantico

« Reply #7020 on: July 07, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »
Any local pedal builder na gumagawa ng buffer?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7021 on: July 08, 2015, 09:46:33 AM »
Sino merong MXL mic? i'm eyeing a pair of 440&441 for 99USD.

they are decent paps. if im not mistaken, there is a DIY MOD to remove the mesh of the large diaphragm to gain more clarity. not bad na sa 99 USD> i prefer the AT2020 tho...
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7022 on: July 08, 2015, 09:52:54 AM »

they are decent paps. if im not mistaken, there is a DIY MOD to remove the mesh of the large diaphragm to gain more clarity. not bad na sa 99 USD> i prefer the AT2020 tho...
for 99USD a pair ok na yun siguro. yung AT2041 set nasa 160USD ata

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7023 on: July 08, 2015, 10:20:29 AM »

at the 99usd price point sobrang steal na nga eh,kaso parang nagdadalawang isip lang ako if it's worth shipping. The AT2020 is available localy di ba?

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7024 on: July 08, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
at the 99usd price point sobrang steal na nga eh,kaso parang nagdadalawang isip lang ako if it's worth shipping. The AT2020 is available localy di ba?

yes, yung AT2041 (AT2020+AT20201 available sa JB for 11,020 list price the last time I checked. ang promo price ata nito nasa bandang 9k.