hulika

Author Topic: The Earphones/Headphones Thread  (Read 456136 times)

Offline bacolodDYL

Re: The Earphones/Headphones Thread
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »

I have these. I use 'em for playing drums to either click tracks or MP3's since good ang isolation n'ya. As far as sound goes though... lows are excellent. Solid, but not too bassy. Mids are slightly recessed. And the highs? Erm... weak point nitong unit na 'to. I tried the HPS3000 and the highs were MUCH better.

But hey, it's less than 1000, right? :lol:

Edit: Ay, recommendations pala!

Hm, try the Sennheiser HD205's Closed phones. These cost 1300 bucks at most malls. The sound signature is more balanced than the Behringers - if you don't mind the somewhat tacky large Senn logos at the outer earcups.

If you've got around 2.5k to spend, go for the next model in the series - the HD215. Medyo DJ-ish s'ya since one of the earcups swivel - but the sound is better! The highs are better refined in this unit. Parang hindi sha closed. Isolation is decent too.

yung behringer hpm1000 eh 1.3k dito samin... hahanapin ko yang sennheiser hd205 na nerecommend mo... hehe salamat po

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2009, 07:53:44 PM »
Bro, mali ako! Habang liniligpit ko yung headphones, I realised.

HD201 yung 1300php
HD205 yung 2500+.  :lol:

Name confusion lang, sorry haha.
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline bacolodDYL

« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »
Bro, mali ako! Habang liniligpit ko yung headphones, I realised.

HD201 yung 1300php
HD205 yung 2500+.  :lol:

Name confusion lang, sorry haha.

whoa! lagpas na sa budget hehe  :-D
sige pag-iisipan ko nalang... samalat po

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2009, 11:35:47 AM »
mga ser ask ko lang. anybody using cx200 sennheiser?? planning to get it kasi sya lang ung nakita ko under 2k petot sa mac center. want to try senn pero bago ako bumili ng higher models try ko muna to. or is there something more cheaper na in ear din na senn?? thanks

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_street-line-CX-200

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #479 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »
I got new earphones...

For me, they sound better than anything i've ever used... Even my Shures...

damn.
alvin.

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #480 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:50 AM »
mga ser ask ko lang. anybody using cx200 sennheiser?? planning to get it kasi sya lang ung nakita ko under 2k petot sa mac center. want to try senn pero bago ako bumili ng higher models try ko muna to. or is there something more cheaper na in ear din na senn?? thanks

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_street-line-CX-200

I don't know about the CX200's... but the CX300's are pretty good!

If you want to spend around 2k, then consider buying CX300's here:

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2638275
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2991824

Also check the following link for alternative in-ears. :lol:

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2624322
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #481 on: August 10, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
I don't know about the CX200's... but the CX300's are pretty good!

If you want to spend around 2k, then consider buying CX300's here:

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2638275
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2991824

Also check the following link for alternative in-ears. :lol:

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2624322

wow! thanks! ill consider this. salamat kapatid  :-)

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »
Tip lang bro, get the ones that come with the original packaging instead of the "OEM" types. Mas mahal ng maybe 200-300, but at least it's less likely to be fake. :lol:

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #483 on: August 14, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
thanks sjon014! did my research and definitely an auth cx300.  :-) from packaging batch number, packaging, the item itself, and of course ung sound, SUPERB haha  :-D babaw eh noh. pero i'm happy na with senn's cx300 mejo nademonyo ako ng cx300-ii pero sa ngaun ok na to. very satisfied with the purchase. thanks for the tips. i'll post pics pag may time

:mrgreen:

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
That's great! Congrats, bro. Nice set of earcans yan. Masarap maging audiophile... kahit feeling-audiophile tulad ko, pwede na.:lol:

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
thanks bro eto sya :D

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »
Glossy housing exterior (vs. fake Matte finish), Off-centre silver grooves (vs. fake centre grooves). Looks like the real deal, bro. Grats again! :lol:

Offline 9west

« Reply #487 on: August 17, 2009, 11:18:02 AM »
^hahahahaa! A4tech in-ears...

panalo yan!

yan gamit ko ngayon sa xda ko...yung software ko pa may x-bass feature kaya todo bayo ng bass...

sa headphones...trip ko skull candy headphones na binebenta sa unclassifieds natin...i just hope na may ship pa syang new stocks pag nagkapera ako...

kung hindi naman yun...yung behringer hps series para DJ ang dating hehehee...
I'm, using an A4tech mk510 dual earphone right now. The sound/cost ratio is phenomenal. Better than higher end sony earphones. The other side ( with sound isolation) is good if you're in a noisy surrounding and what to more bass. My personal favorite is the other side which gives a whole sound, the detail really amazes me. Bought it for just P375 i think and I get complements with the earphone with the look and sound. Been using it to check on out recording recording.
philmusicus regularus

Offline bianxraquel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2009, 04:38:12 AM »
I'm, using an A4tech mk510 dual earphone right now. The sound/cost ratio is phenomenal. Better than higher end sony earphones. The other side ( with sound isolation) is good if you're in a noisy surrounding and what to more bass. My personal favorite is the other side which gives a whole sound, the detail really amazes me. Bought it for just P375 i think and I get complements with the earphone with the look and sound. Been using it to check on out recording recording.

i totally agree. it's what i'm using myself right now. this baby, i bought for Php 450.

i wanted to buy these (since i've already had two pairs of these before, but due to abuse, both needed to be replaced) then i saw the dual a4tech.

not the most convenient earphones in the world, especially for long-haired people like me. it gets in the way of the hair most of the time, especially if you're the type who puts the wiring underneath your top. then again, sound-wise, you couldn't get anything better than this (at least for it's price class)

i like it dual. sound isolation, you use one end. if your ear starts hurting and gets tired of the in-ear end, you turn the other side and use the normal end. (i forgot the term though). it's got sleeves for the in-ear, and foam pads for the other end.

pretty happy with it. well worth your buck.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:41:29 AM by bianxraquel »

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #489 on: September 02, 2009, 11:53:56 PM »
Sakto. My daily "commute" buds are the A4Tech MK-650 in-ears. :lol:

Besides the fact that I'm a canalphone fan, the A4Tech's are surprisingly decent! Provided you get a good seal with the included sleeves, you'll hear the happy highs and the chunky thumps of your music. It comes in a good number of colours as well. And it's best feature? It's 400 pesos.

I've had two of these na. My first one's left channel became quirky after I accidentally stepped on the cans for the 20th time. :lol:

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #490 on: September 03, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »
thanks sjon014! did my research and definitely an auth cx300.  :-) from packaging batch number, packaging, the item itself, and of course ung sound, SUPERB haha  :-D babaw eh noh. pero i'm happy na with senn's cx300 mejo nademonyo ako ng cx300-ii pero sa ngaun ok na to. very satisfied with the purchase. thanks for the tips. i'll post pics pag may time

:mrgreen:

bro, dun ka bumili sa tpc? pwede malaman kung ano yung material ng cord? rubber ba or yung parang tali? thanks..

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #491 on: September 04, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »

yeah nakita ko din yan nung naghahanap ako ng panibagong in-ears ko..mejo napaisip nga ako eh..pero ito pa rin talaga ang kelangan ko para sa media player ko:

black cables, black sleeves..cute..

i might get that mk510s sometime soon para sa office soundtrip ko...san mo nabili na 375 lang? nakita ko sa octagon megamall 450 ang presyo nila dyan eh..
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #492 on: September 05, 2009, 04:38:23 PM »
nakabili ako mk650-b ganda.. meron pala ng itim lahat sayang..

Offline bianxraquel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
oo nga octagon 450 pesos.

ang sakit ko lang sa in ears nawawala ko lagi isang sleeve. tsss.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
may nabibili naman na sleeves eh..maganda nga makakapili ka pa ng colors..at ang maganda dun, kasya sa sa kahit anong earbud types..

yung mk610 ko nasira agad waaaaah! yung left earbud nabatak ko mashado yung cable ayun ayaw na gumana..  :cry:

bili ulit ako bukas hehehee

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »
I love A4Tech in-ears as much as the next budget-conscious audiohead but THESE are my new best-buy earcans.

JVC's FX33/34 Marshmallows

The sleeves aren't silicone. They're soft, coated foam - pliable and really comfy. They also tend to produce a better seal because of the sleeve construction. Sound-wise, these beat my A4's hands down. The bass is lovely, the mids aren't recessed. The high's tend to be overpowering though.

And if you think those blue ones look gaudy... they come in all sorts of colours. :lol:

They cost around Php750. Very good sound quality, and top-notch construction (includes a split-length lock, and is terminated in gold-plated baby stereo). Plus there's a "Kramer Mod" around the audiophile forums that supposedly improves the sound further by taming the highs, but this involves destroying the grille and replacing it with foam - and I'm not willing to put my cans under the knife. Not yet, anyway. :lol:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 12:51:38 AM by sjon014 »

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2009, 12:49:12 AM »
i totally agree. it's what i'm using myself right now. this baby, i bought for Php 450.

i wanted to buy these (since i've already had two pairs of these before, but due to abuse, both needed to be replaced) then i saw the dual a4tech.

not the most convenient earphones in the world, especially for long-haired people like me. it gets in the way of the hair most of the time, especially if you're the type who puts the wiring underneath your top. then again, sound-wise, you couldn't get anything better than this (at least for it's price class)

i like it dual. sound isolation, you use one end. if your ear starts hurting and gets tired of the in-ear end, you turn the other side and use the normal end. (i forgot the term though). it's got sleeves for the in-ear, and foam pads for the other end.

pretty happy with it. well worth your buck.

i agree,  sound quality is superb. i used a4tech mk-610 before. too bad it only lasted for 3 months. the left speaker got busted for unknown reasons so i bought a sennheiser pmx200 instead.  :evil:

Offline bianxraquel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #497 on: September 07, 2009, 03:38:18 AM »
immuno try marshmallow's next. heh. i still haven't had my sennheiser hd205 fixed. di ko alam san ipagagawa. especially now that i'm living at benguet/baguio. damn.

anything anybody says here that sounds good for the budget-conscious is good enough for me.

wow marzi yaming. libre mo ko buds.  nasa sykes pala ko nung isang umaga. syempre alam kong wala ka, 4am - 6am ako tumambay. hinabol kaya ako ng guard mula 10th floor hanggang 2nd. :lol:

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
Cool! My first full-size senns were the 205's! That's the one with the DJ swivel-cup thingie, right? But yeah, they left channel gave out due to a faulty cable, I think. And it wasn't under warranty anymore, so I don't really know where to have it repaired. I since then bought another full-size Senn with a replaceable cable (HD415). It was a bit more pricey, but I somehow still prefer the HD205 over it.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »
i agree,  sound quality is superb. i used a4tech mk-610 before. too bad it only lasted for 3 months. the left speaker got busted for unknown reasons so i bought a sennheiser pmx200 instead.  :evil:

huwaaaat?! this is weird..ganun din nasira sakin..di ko nga sure kung nabatak ko eh pero nasira din..

Earth Crisis - Nemesis