hulika

Author Topic: Illustrators / Painters / Artists Thread *merged*  (Read 132635 times)

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Illustrators / Painters / Artists Thread *merged*
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
except for a few youtube videos, i never studied it and i just learn by doing it over time -- like, 'oh, if i do this, it looks better', or 'hey, drawing a nose like this is easier!'

my family's always been artistic though. my mom is ridiculously good, and my grandpa, and so many relatives. maybe its that. they tried to get me into it when i was younger, and my mom would tell me that i needed to learn shadows and light and shit. didn't really care about all that... still don't. i only draw when i'm bored or when theres lull moments at work.

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »
Wow. I am from a family of weirdos but not artists hahaha. The style I have now, I studied via my observation of my surroundings and my own theories along with checking out the styles of other people. I suck at digital stuff. Hahaha.

Being born in a family of artists sounds nice no? Though I still prefer my weirdos hehe. No pressure kasi hihi

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
tita otaku - Mediator - INFP-T
♥carpe diem♥
There was never a genius without a tincture of madness. -- Aristotle

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2014, 01:42:33 PM »
http://archinect.com/blog/article/21453497/hand-drawing-is-not-dead

share ko lang...sa architecture field din..crossroads..

though known for mga pinoy na magagaling mag freehand..lalo sa landscape architecture.

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #403 on: December 11, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »

Its interesting to know from you guys stories that:

1. Its true that it's in the blood. Hence, there are families of illustrators and painters.

2. The talent/skill can regress without practice.

3. Technology, being able to make your art easier to perform, also takes a toll on your fundamentals (drawing by hand for example).

How does being able to do it thru technology affect the joy in doing it?

I'm guessing you guys are more proud/happy of doing it by hand talaga? Kasi its more of an art and natural?

And about using tools, I'm also guessing if you draw as your job, you'd use tools (computer, ipad, etc...) so you can draw more/ easily?

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: December 11, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
^
Believe me bro mejo nakakadepress yung feeling na kahit anong gawin kong magdrawing/sketch ngayon via freehand eh "nangangalay" na yung kamay ko after a while.. imagine yung inis ko whenever that happens, its like nawala yung natural talent mo all because I embrace technology... and since its also part of my job to do so, pero alam ko naman na I could've maintained it if I get to do it all the time than spend the art with the help of gadgetry.

tama ka iba pa rin ang feeling pag freehand ang sketches/illustration mo.. yung tactile response ng lapis sa papel, yung autonomous sensory-meridian response mo kapag naririnig mo yung tunog nung lead scraping on paper.. then ofcourse yung finish product, it can be really satisfying to do so.

using digital means kasi eh nawawala na yung "talent" behind it.. all that remain is the "skill" of the digital artist on the use of software and hardware altogether to create an artwork.. sa digital art yung mga smudge, shadows and depth eh pwede na gawin via filters so meaning even a person who never really tried drawing via hand can create nice artworks with smudges, shadows and depth via those filters sa software.. ibig sabihin hindi na talent ang labanan eh.. "skill" na.

and we all know that anybody can learn Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.. youtube and google lang yan.

So personally I prefer traditional art, pero syempre hindi natin mapipigilan ang technology so kailangan din natin sumabay, ang mali ko lang napabayaan ko yung traditional talent and skills ko.. masyado ako naaliw sa advent of digital art.

kung tutuusin naman pwedeng hybrid eh.. parang yung ginagawa ko, I sketch ideas first traditionally then convert them into vexel or vector art.

:) :)
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #405 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »
Its interesting to know from you guys stories that:

1. Its true that it's in the blood. Hence, there are families of illustrators and painters.

2. The talent/skill can regress without practice.

3. Technology, being able to make your art easier to perform, also takes a toll on your fundamentals (drawing by hand for example).

How does being able to do it thru technology affect the joy in doing it?

I'm guessing you guys are more proud/happy of doing it by hand talaga? Kasi its more of an art and natural?

And about using tools, I'm also guessing if you draw as your job, you'd use tools (computer, ipad, etc...) so you can draw more/ easily?

it doesn't. its just another medium. i like using my tablet too. if it wasn't for that, i'd never draw anything in color, because i suck at colors IRL and don't have the balls to ruin my drawings.

also, i don't believe doing it digitally vs. by hand makes it less of an art.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
hybrid nga for me..

in architecture..I still rely on sketches..for the initial ideas and forms..then plot it out the 2d drawing for exact measurements..then..off to build a 3d model to explore those little details you can see sa traditional methods..

I still believe in sketches..a nice drawing pen or pencil..yellow trace paper..

mas nafefeel mo kasi yung space..yung lines...at least for me...

and here..design flair, taste and attention to detail still reigns supreme...we usually source out final rendered perspectives to rendering companies..composed of folks whose only skill is photoshop, 3d max...na mga highschool grads..bottom of  the barrel folks..na parang nakapulot lang ng adobe photoshop book sa dumpster tapos inaral niya then apply to make a living...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline klause

« Reply #407 on: December 22, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »
Hey, Maligayang Pasko.

Here's a current one while trying to reminisce one of my dream jobs, inking. This is Acroyear, from the 80s Marvel title Micronauts. Gustong gusto ko yung armor, parang Storm Trooper. Revealing some of my obvious Michael Golden/ Jack Kirby influences here.

Well, yeah.

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #408 on: December 22, 2014, 06:51:53 AM »
Nice.

Ano ba nangyari kay Whilce Portacio?

I believe he drew for Xmen way back in the 90's.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #409 on: December 22, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
^^^ ang galing nito klause! whew! you could certainly give marvel cartoonists a run for their money!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline klause

« Reply #410 on: December 22, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »
Magus,
No idea too. I recalled they were putting up local works to revive the comics industry. Pero matagal na 'yun. He created Bishop, di ba?

Ralph, thanks bro.
Though I can wing stills (single scenes/cover art perhaps), mahirap 'yung consistency sa paggawa panel after panel. Hehehe.  :-D
Well, yeah.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #411 on: December 23, 2014, 11:40:08 PM »
Magus,
No idea too. I recalled they were putting up local works to revive the comics industry. Pero matagal na 'yun. He created Bishop, di ba?

Ralph, thanks bro.
Though I can wing stills (single scenes/cover art perhaps), mahirap 'yung consistency sa paggawa panel after panel. Hehehe.  :-D

not to mention, deadlines.

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2014, 03:18:52 AM »
Magus,

Ralph, thanks bro.

I envy the like of you who can draw/create thins like that. I'm a comics fan. Yun lang, hanggang fan lang, he he he. May concept ako dati for a comics. But all I can do is draw engineering stuff and stick people. Tapos my writing skills eh malabo for a novel.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline klause

« Reply #413 on: December 24, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
Xavier,

Yes. For the untrained, taas ng pressure. Its like coming up with a film on print, the comic work.

Thanks qroon! I guess we will never outgrow comics.

Here's another recent work, one of my favorite characters sa Marvel.

Well, yeah.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #414 on: December 24, 2014, 10:36:06 PM »
Subscribed
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #415 on: December 26, 2014, 02:46:18 AM »
Magus,
No idea too. I recalled they were putting up local works to revive the comics industry. Pero matagal na 'yun. He created Bishop, di ba

Yep, Nakakaaliw kasi before, palaging meron pinoy reference na sinisingit si Whilce.

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2015, 12:24:33 AM »
ummm annooo.. something I am working on right now.. huhu.. 1 of 2 peeps in one pic.. requested by my onii-chan and i need to finish this by tomorrow. >_< Good luck hahaha...   :cry:

Medyo nag hahang ako kasi matagal di nakapag draw. Used grid para mapadali >_<

closeup

♥carpe diem♥

Offline klause

« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2015, 11:08:31 AM »
ummm annooo.. something I am working on right now.. huhu.. 1 of 2 peeps in one pic.. requested by my onii-chan and i need to finish this by tomorrow. >_< Good luck hahaha...   :cry:

Medyo nag hahang ako kasi matagal di nakapag draw. Used grid para mapadali >_<

closeup

Ganda, Mayumi! HNY to all!
Well, yeah.

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #418 on: January 05, 2015, 12:51:34 PM »
Slamat sir klause senpai. Happy new year din po!
♥carpe diem♥

Offline klause

« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »
Time-Keeping-Robot. Batteries not included though. Ink on paper 12" x 18".

And bad photgraphy (again)  :-D

Well, yeah.

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2015, 03:04:10 PM »

Here's my progress. I'm really slow ngayon sinasabay ko pa kasi sa sandamakmak na chores huhu. Still need to do the finishing touches. And the hair. Waaaaaaaaaaa, the hair T_T
♥carpe diem♥

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #421 on: January 08, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »

Here's my progress. I'm really slow ngayon sinasabay ko pa kasi sa sandamakmak na chores huhu. Still need to do the finishing touches. And the hair. Waaaaaaaaaaa, the hair T_T

maganda hagod! I like it..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »

maganda hagod! I like it..
Salamat po sir gandy! 
♥carpe diem♥

Offline MayumiSasazaki

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2015, 12:24:32 AM »

I finished this after dinner,  and for some reason i think it's kinda ruined. Oh well. More practice for me. :(
♥carpe diem♥

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »

Ms. Mayumi, pwede mo ba idrawing sarili mo tapos post mo dito  :-D
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian