hulika

Author Topic: Would you have your song MASTERED in a TRUE MASTERING HOUSE for 1k/song?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
With top of the line converters, speakers, hardware processors and advanced audio cleanup software and a well-designed room? 

Or will you rather "master" on your own?

Offline chonggoloid

kung wala siguro ako idea paano magmix willing ako ipamix sa iba lalo na siguro kung magaganda ang gamit kumpara sa poorman's setup ko.

Offline bellhaus

kung sariling project ako na mismo mag mamaster, pero kung meron budget tapos hi-end yung client ako parin mag mamaster rerent nalang ako ng magandang mastering studio.

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
Depends who the mastering engineer is, and his body of works. It's easy to buy gear, pera lang yan. The ear and the dedication to details are the important traits of a mastering engineer/facility.  :mrgreen:

Offline forumhex

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Ony P1,000 per song?

that's very cheap.

considering all the Man-hours one needs to spend if you are experimenting on your own + the years of expertise needed to have that "fine ear" + all the equipment need to get the TRUE sound.

It's like being a hobbyist. YOu can buy an amplifier Kit in Raon, but in the end you want to buy a Pioneer for professional sound.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
If the song deserves to be mastered or the song is assumed to be popular, why not? but if it just for underground entertainment, the decision is in your pocket.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
IF the guy is any good.. yeah thats cheap

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
never "mastered" my own work. i don't have the tools that a mastering house uses to do the job so i find it counterproductive to do work on something that I am not equipped to handle. i mean, you don't fix a car if you've got the tools that a baker uses for his trade; apples and oranges, you know?

how would i judge that a work is suitable for mastering? if it is a full fledged project. if its a demo, i don't even bother.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline mr. gellybean

• Netizen Level
If the song deserves to be mastered or the song is assumed to be popular, why not? but if it just for underground entertainment, the decision is in your pocket.
  if you think the songs got potential and is worth mastering spend money on mastering... if not or if you think your demo is alright... presentable enough for other ears... then do it yourself... but 1k/song in a true mastering house is a bargain... let me know if you can find one i have tons of tracks to be mastered... hehehe

Offline sanaprecision na

ah medyo OT pero san ba marerecomend nyong or ung pedeng bansagan na true mastering house dito sa pinas tnx :-)

Offline irajames

• Veteran Member
1k is kinda cheap for a mastering service pero if the mastering engineer is good then why not.  :-D
Regards,
IraJames

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
ah medyo OT pero san ba marerecomend nyong or ung pedeng bansagan na true mastering house dito sa pinas tnx :-)
Zak Lucero
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Zak Lucero

Does Zach still do mastering?     There are also a lot of Mastering houses for cheap abroad that do FTP.  Send them the raw mixes and/or stems in data format and they FTP you the iso of the master disc. 

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
^^ sir pasensya ano yung FTP?

Offline skyturn

dodj,  for 1k?  kung may pero ako i'll have it mastered.  funny thing is, i have a project that I'm looking to be mastered somewhere else, pero wala pang budget in place.  i might just go to your place dodj.  D/A/D natin thru your dbx or sa mga outboard comps.  kung may extra budget, hahanapan ko pa.  :-D
I

Offline chiqgarcia

• Forum Fanatic
oo naman. san ba ito?
Postcoital bliss is not a government housing project in Quezon City.
VidProkEnMasse ~ video processing software
http://vidprokenmasse.blogspot.com/2014/07/vidprokenmasse.html

Offline chiqgarcia

• Forum Fanatic
hehehe cant help but feel that this is some sort of marketing survey  :-D
Postcoital bliss is not a government housing project in Quezon City.
VidProkEnMasse ~ video processing software
http://vidprokenmasse.blogspot.com/2014/07/vidprokenmasse.html

Offline irajames

• Veteran Member
btw, saan tong mastering house na to na 1k lang per song?
Regards,
IraJames

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
btw, saan tong mastering house na to na 1k lang per song?
search ZACH LUCERO ( Imago ).
He's a forumer...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=544862859#!/photo.php?pid=528511&id=544862859
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua