Hardcore
0 (0%)
Jungle/Drum & Bass
0 (0%)
Breaks
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 08, 2005, 02:14:21 PM

Author Topic: Back to the Motherland!  (Read 6363 times)

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Back to the Motherland!
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »
Yes Massive!
Just wanted to say wassup to all the heads in the Motherland keeping the sounds of the underground going strong.
I was looking for some info into the scene over there (I'm from Toronto) 'cause I'm reaching over the pond next year from January 15 - early Feburary.  I'd like to make some connections online that I could maybe link up with during my trip, and check some events out.  Also, I am seeking any gig opportunities (club/radio/party) to represent the High Tolerance Sound System.  Feel free to add me to your msn (DnB_Junglizer@hotmail.com)  :twisted:

Mix downloads coming soon!
WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

RESPECT!
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 11:06:41 AM »
nice, I love the fractured beats aswell

(breaks, drum n bass, jungle)

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
It's gonna be a firehouse!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »
...and big dutty stinkin basslines.

Where the jams at ya know that I could mash it? I want to play for all my original people them, my sound...and show that the Filipino blood is worldwide making some noise. Whoever is a promoter on this board should take heed, 'cause the man who sleeps is gonna have a sore foot...from kickin his own ass! So I Man bring I Man plates and watch for a link up.

PEACE

ONE LOVE.
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 03:11:38 PM »
Im actually living in australia at the moment. Im moving to manila in a few months. Who knows, we may end up having a mix together

peace

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 03:12:53 PM »
When I arrive im going to be exploring which clubs are the best. I havnt explored manila nightlife properly yet.

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
One Sound
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 05:21:41 PM »
tell ya the truth, i don't even know what to expect when i get there. i just have a feeling that it will be amazing.....i know that the P.I. headz are ready for this one.....

ONE SOUND.

LARGE UP THE DANCE :!:
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
almost there
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
7 days and counting!
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 04:41:53 PM »
bet you cant wait to get your first "score" over there
you know, they have some good [gooey brown stuff] there.

peace

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
big score
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:21:13 AM »
yah man....i'll definitely by searchin for the big stems!
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
boracy
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 11:30:03 AM »
What a flight!

A brutal 24 hours!!

So, I'm in QC right now, going to Boracy tomorrow until the 23rd. And I really need some weed!!! Other than that, loving it so far.

BIG UP YOUR CHEST!
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 02:21:21 PM »
hahaha. From what I gather herb is quite cheap over there in P.I.
Actually, most "candy" is quite cheap over there. Compared to the US prices you would have been paying.

I've been told embassy is a good electronic dance club to check out....

Im arriving in manila a few months, cant wait to explore!

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
rinse
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 12:13:15 AM »
Acutally, I got the chance to rinse in Boracay.  The only thing is that it was on CD players. I brought mostly vinyl, but i had a few CDs. Not my preference though....The herb is pretty wack, that's probably why it's so cheap. I don't mind paying more for quality smoke. I don't think there's any THC in it at all. I just threw away pretty much the whole stash....
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline candEgabba

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 07:51:39 AM »
hey!
 i like jungle and drum n bass and some breaks, but i love my hardcore, specially happy hardcore! wheres my filipino-hardcore-massive at?!?!
keep it *p.l.u.r*

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 06:36:08 AM »
I'll tell you when i get over there
I have a feeling it will be hard to find any specific hardcore clubs :P

brendan

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
real djs
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »
Yea, I brought my bag of plates with me but everyone seems to only know how to rinse out on CD. I have CDJ-100s to go along with my 12s, but I prefer the real thing. I rinsed in Boracay a few times on CD rack decks which really sucked. I was told to bring CDs, but I didn't heed the warning. So I was quite limited in my selection. Most of the spots there also have BPM counters on their mixers which took the resident DJs perceived skill level down a notch or ten. Know whut me say?

WHEN I SAY "ORIGINAL!" YOU SAY "NUTTAH!"
ORIGINAL! --
ORIGINAL! --
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline brendan

Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 09:30:59 AM »
Wow man!

:shock:

They dont spin 12 inch there where you are? In melbourne australia its a combination of both 12 inch and cd turntables, but in the big/main clubs its mostly 12 inch. Are you spinning in clubs already in P.I?

peace

brendan

Offline DeeJay GRIND

• Philmusicus Noobitus
mash up
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
I have a slot tonight at "Citrus", formerly "Valencia" & "V" in Greenbelt, Makati. I heard somebody got shot there so that's why they had to keep changing the name. I'll be warming up the joint at around 10. It's a really posh spot. From what I'm told the 'A crowd' hangs out there. To me, it don't matter who hangs out there; I just wanna give the people dem some fresh sounds. I might be bar/club hopping with my uncle so I might be rinsing more than one venue.....I had a hard time yesterday finding needles to play my 12"s. I went to six different stores, and ended up getting two different needles at two different malls! It was a serious mission! I snagged the Shure 'White Label' and some cheap Numark headshell. I guess it serves me right for forgetting my own at home!....Tonight, I'm really gonna challenge the soundsystem. PHILIPPINES GET READY FOR SOME BASS!!!

ME AH GON MASH UP DE BLOODCLAT PLACE!!!
1000% HIGH GRADE SOUNDS.

Offline candEgabba

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Back to the Motherland!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 08:22:58 AM »
lols. spin some jungle when i get there. lols. maybe i should bring some of my hardcore 12" along with me and spin some hard beatz for the P.I. scene. ... . ... . ... . ... wishful thinking =0)
keep it *p.l.u.r*