hulika

Author Topic: IV of Spades anyone?  (Read 33082 times)

Offline Kennyadry

IV of Spades anyone?
« on: April 03, 2019, 08:55:41 AM »
I'll be honest, I envy their rise to stardom. Especially that most of the members of the band are 10 years older than me. :( :|

But later on, I became thankful. I think they are the OPM's savior. I haven't seen any bands that have created so much bandwagon effect, which I believe is good for the Philippine Music Industry.

What are your thoughts?
"I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: IV of Spades anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
I haven't seen any bands that have created so much bandwagon effect

alam mo ang formula niyan? pogi sila eh.

kaya wala kang nakita kuno na ganito ang "impact" eh kasi dati nung 2000's andami nilang pogi rock bands.
ngayon kasi, ang gagaling nga ng banda, pota hindi naman mga pogi mga miyembro so wala din. hindi papatok sa mga hormonal teenager fans.
in all honesty, mas matindi maging fan ang mga teenager girls kesa sa teenager boys.

tingnan mo, sobrang tinde ng fan base ng mga pogi rock bands or another example, Daniel Padilla.
on another note, kahit sobrang galling ng female fronted band, yung pagsikat is not as intense as that of the pogi fronted band or artist.
reason? iba ang rabid fanatic na babae.

pag babae kasi ang rabid fan, eh tinitingnan ng mga tao as normal or dala ng puberty.
pag lalaki naman, society views it na sagwa kung magtitili sila for a band na male fronted, on the other hand, ang pervert or manyakis naman ng dating pag nag fanboy sila for a female fronted band.

bottomline, Pogi sells.
not that I am downplaying IVOS members' skills here. magaling naman sila tumogs.
pero hindi sila savior ng OPM pls lang hahahaha far from it.

napakaraming magagaling ng OPM Artist ngayon na hindi lang tlaga magkakaroon ng ganong klaseng fanbase dahil nga sadly, hindi sila as pogi as IVOS.

example? Ben and Ben
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
subbed
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 11:27:16 AM »
alam mo ang formula niyan? pogi sila eh.

tingnan mo, sobrang tinde ng fan base ng mga pogi rock bands or another example, Daniel Padilla.

not that I am downplaying IVOS members' skills here. magaling naman sila tumogs.
pero hindi sila savior ng OPM pls lang hahahaha far from it.

napakaraming magagaling ng OPM Artist ngayon na hindi lang tlaga magkakaroon ng ganong klaseng fanbase dahil nga sadly, hindi sila as pogi as IVOS.

example? Ben and Ben

Very good point.

You may also add to it that their parents may have some connections...(Especially that when you add to the fact that both Zild and Blaster fought for the finals of the EB's Music Hero, can't help but wonder why these two went all the way to the ultimate final showdown without any connection help at all)

You may reject to the idea that they are the savior, probably because of their pogi thing...

But I can say "I can accept them if they will be called the savior of the OPM in "today's" generation."

The reason for that is,...They have the "skill" and "talent"...

Yes they are pogi,.....pero kung kapogian lang ang naging dahilan ng pag sikat nila, makakapamura na talaga ako sa industriya ng musika sa Pilipinas...

Atleast, they are really good. These guys (as a band) can really play and make a good music to my ears, not someone like Daniel Padilla, or even Juan Karlos...

I seldom listen to any radio stations, but I heard their song (Mundo) for the first time when I rode a taxi on my way home...I thought, woah, these guys can play...didn't knew their band name yet...

Then later I just forgot that song, until one of my church mate played the guitar riff of that song and I said, wait a minute that sounds familiar, who's the artist? Then there you go...

Searched it on youtube and yes, I was a little surprised at how popular they are , but what was more shocking is how young they are but playing a genre that a certain people who lived through the 70s, 80s, and 90s can certainly appreciate.

So I guess, I can accept it, if people would label them as the "savior" of the OPM. I think I would.

If teens idolized them because of their kapogians, at least, they idolized pogis with real talents...not just some random pogis.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:29:43 AM by Kennyadry »

Offline yeney_mugc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 12:51:00 PM »
i know very well one EB music hero who is a successful contender dun, pero i'm sure wala silang connections dahil sobrang kilala ko rin ung parents. so possibly, skills talaga.

Quote from: marzi on Today at 09:16:48 AM
mabuti pa nga yung sardinas, may ligo.
si yeney amoy sardinas pa rin.

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »
few cents..

I think pasok din kasi sa panlasa ng generation ng teens ngayon yung tunog bandang yan..
the hippy teens. tignan nyo kung pano manamit, mga trip at music of this generation.
they pulled it out straight from 80s-early 2000 era and with a slight touch of modern stuff.

they simply sound like the smiths without brit accent plus more guitar riffs.

I don't like them nor hate them. It's okay pra saken. but not this opm savior. there are tons of good opm artists better than them. meron lang siguro tayong kanya kanyang sukatan.

Offline yeney_mugc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
Yeah not opm savior pero may distinct sound sila, lalo na ung mga firsts nilang nirelease

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Quote from: marzi on Today at 09:16:48 AM
mabuti pa nga yung sardinas, may ligo.
si yeney amoy sardinas pa rin.

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »
I guess it all boils down sa definition ng OPM savior.

For me, it's definition is that anyone who could bring back the attention of the Filipino mass back to the original filipino music, not through any other means (i.e artista, or pogi) but through music ability and compositions. This is my personal measurement.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
Very good point.

You may also add to it that their parents may have some connections...(Especially that when you add to the fact that both Zild and Blaster fought for the finals of the EB's Music Hero, can't help but wonder why these two went all the way to the ultimate final showdown without any connection help at all)

You may reject to the idea that they are the savior, probably because of their pogi thing...

But I can say "I can accept them if they will be called the savior of the OPM in "today's" generation."

The reason for that is,...They have the "skill" and "talent"...

Yes they are pogi,.....pero kung kapogian lang ang naging dahilan ng pag sikat nila, makakapamura na talaga ako sa industriya ng musika sa Pilipinas...

Atleast, they are really good. These guys (as a band) can really play and make a good music to my ears, not someone like Daniel Padilla, or even Juan Karlos...

I seldom listen to any radio stations, but I heard their song (Mundo) for the first time when I rode a taxi on my way home...I thought, woah, these guys can play...didn't knew their band name yet...

Then later I just forgot that song, until one of my church mate played the guitar riff of that song and I said, wait a minute that sounds familiar, who's the artist? Then there you go...

Searched it on youtube and yes, I was a little surprised at how popular they are , but what was more shocking is how young they are but playing a genre that a certain people who lived through the 70s, 80s, and 90s can certainly appreciate.

So I guess, I can accept it, if people would label them as the "savior" of the OPM. I think I would.

If teens idolized them because of their kapogians, at least, they idolized pogis with real talents...not just some random pogis.

first of all papsi, pwede tayo mag tagalog dito. nakakawalang credibility kasi pag off tayo sa balarila or grammar.
FYI, IVOS was a front act for our bands video launch gig. back then, hindi ganito ang genre nila. they were more hard rock. they weren't a house hold name.

pano naging ganito tunog nila? thank the producer.
the producer called for the change of direction, and it paid off.

on the other hand, hold up, you like IVOS because they are skilled, but don't like Juan Karlos because...?
objectively speaking kasi they are both at par in terms of skill. IMHO.

also, people are not labeling them as the savior of OPM, you are, in your above first post in this thread :)
my point is, yeah, IVOS is pretty good I guess, but to call them saviors of OPM is a bit of a stretch.
it's an insult to the folks putting in the work but just can't get a break because they don't have the right connections, or worse, the right "packaging" or looks.

few cents..

I think pasok din kasi sa panlasa ng generation ng teens ngayon yung tunog bandang yan..
the hippy teens. tignan nyo kung pano manamit, mga trip at music of this generation.
they pulled it out straight from 80s-early 2000 era and with a slight touch of modern stuff.

they simply sound like the smiths without brit accent plus more guitar riffs.

I don't like them nor hate them. It's okay pra saken. but not this opm savior. there are tons of good opm artists better than them. meron lang siguro tayong kanya kanyang sukatan.

Yeah not opm savior pero may distinct sound sila, lalo na ung mga firsts nilang nirelease

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

exactly. they sound good, but saviors? kamown man. get off the pipe hahaha
sabagay, nung 2000's din naman, callalily naman siguro ang savior of OPM for the kids at that time hahahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 01:56:05 PM »

For me, it's definition is that anyone who could bring back the attention of the Filipino mass back to the original filipino music, not through any other means (i.e artista, or pogi) but through music ability and compositions. This is my personal measurement.

eh di OPM Savior din for you ang fliptop kung ganon ang definition mo?
kasi pinasikat nila ulit yung dying genre of OPM hip hop eh.

eto talaga wala connection. walang mama and papa na nasa music scene. viral lang sa YT.

Offline beansent

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
daming sobrang gagaling na banda sa underground scene without the studio edit pure talent, yun iba pinili yun ganun dahil ayaw ng outside intervention sa craft nila. yun mga naririnig saa radio mukhang maganda mukhang magaling kasi fine tuned na yun mga yun na maging maganda sa pandinig ng masa.

pero they sound good ngayon
good guys i've dealt with: RAPFM,devilmay,tukmol07
amanda,edward_DD,screamo_kid0113,buena.arjay@yahoo.com,dennispalle,marvz_0219,vinz,bossingboss,denden009, markezekiel, jrpogi, bwizett, rimuej, drazenjake

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
teka, paano naging pogi yung kahawig ni Weng Weng?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 09:52:22 AM »

ask dem kids hahahaha

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »
iba na ata fetish ng teenies ngayon  :lol:

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »
"on the other hand, hold up, you like IVOS because they are skilled, but don't like Juan Karlos because...?

"I believe IVOS arrangement are far more sophiscated than Juan Karlos... take note..."I believe"

objectively speaking kasi they are both at par in terms of skill. IMHO. "

I don't know what you meant by objectively, how do you measure their skill objectively? Can you be precise by showing us your objective analysis of their skill?

also, people are not labeling them as the savior of OPM, you are, in your above first post in this thread :) 

You are absolutely misrepresenting me...read back please...

I said... "So I guess, I can accept it, if people would label them as the "savior" of the OPM. I think I would.

"If people" ....It's very different from saying "People are labelling them"

I was very clear from the beginning... "I think" they are the savior of the OPM

my point is, yeah, IVOS is pretty good I guess, but to call them saviors of OPM is a bit of a stretch.

Your opinion...my opinion :)

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 11:26:11 AM »

Hehehe...So is this implying that it's wrong to reason out that their success is due to their physical attractiveness?  :drool:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:31:13 PM by Kennyadry »

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 11:49:21 AM »
eh di OPM Savior din for you ang fliptop kung ganon ang definition mo?
kasi pinasikat nila ulit yung dying genre of OPM hip hop eh.

Kailan pa po naging music ang fliptop? I have never been aware naging music genre na pala ang fliptop..hahaha :D

I dont know if you read my definition, but certainly my definition doesn't cover fliptop at all.... It's not music to me, and if it is to you, then it's your call :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:53:04 AM by Kennyadry »

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »
Kailan pa po naging music ang fliptop? I have never been aware naging music genre na pala ang fliptop..hahaha :D

I dont know if you read my definition, but certainly my definition doesn't cover fliptop at all.... It's not music to me, and if it is to you, then it's your call :)

just like the opm savior thing..
certainly not our definition of opm savior

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »
just like the opm savior thing..
certainly not our definition of opm savior

Fair enough. No need to actually define it. It was more of a burdened for me to define it to get my point across.

It's just that "I haven't heard of a band who had a "kind of" the same hype as Eraserheads back then.

"I believe" Eraserheads has really influenced many people to listen to OPM in a level no other band could do.

and...."I think I am seeing" the same thing happening with the IVOS....

And it's crazy because it's not just the "teens" who are enjoying their music. But people who enjoyed the funk and disco of the 70s and 80s are enjoying IVOS now.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 12:56:46 PM »
"I believe IVOS arrangement are far more sophiscated than Juan Karlos... take note..."I believe"

I don't know what you meant by objectively, how do you measure their skill objectively? Can you be precise by showing us your objective analysis of their skill?

I said... "So I guess, I can accept it, if people would label them as the "savior" of the OPM. I think I would.

ulitin ko with absolute sincerity papsi ha, pwede kang magpaliwanag ng tagalog.
mahirap intindihin English mo pag mejo mali mali ang grammar or wording. baka mali ang "translation" ng makakabasa.

okay. fair enough. you believe.

when I say objectively, I mean my observations are not affected by my disbelief in your statement that IVOS is the savior of OPM and you don't "believe" in Juan Karlos' Skill.
Walang bias affecting my observation, kumbaga.

you want an analysis? I recorded tunes in the same studio with these guys. I saw first hand how these tracks were recorded, were produced. from the first song draft to the final pass of the mix.
We had the same Studio Engineers, albeit different producers.

skill wise? both guys from JK and IVOS play the pentatonic, drums are pretty much your 4/4 measure, ano pa gusto mo marinig?
vocals? they both sing good.

Have you heard them play live sir?

No, you were not very clear from the beginning. kaya nga simula palang sinasabihan na kita magtagalog ka nalang para malinaw statements mo.
so sino si people? pakielaborate din po sir kung sino yung people na tinutukoy mo. kapitbahay niyo? teacher mo? classmates mo? officemates?
pag sinabi nila na sila nga ang messiah of OPM, okay na rin sayo? tama ba sir?

exactly. kaya nga nakakapagtaka sobrang defensive mo sa pag tatanggol na sila yung savior ng OPM :D

teka, kelan pa nagging Music Genre ang IVOS?
o, explain ko further. ganito kasi takbo ng logic mo...

variables:
IVOS - Banda/Group of People
OPM - Genre

Statement mo:
IVOS = Savior ng OPM kasi andaming nahumaling ulit makinig sa local music dahil sa kanila.

given the above logic,

Variables:
Fliptop - Group of Rappers
OPM HipHop - Genre

resulting statement from your logic:
Fliptop = Savior of OPM HipHop kasi andaming nahumaling ulit makinig sa local hiphop music dahil sa kanila.

naintindihan mo na?

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 06:47:16 AM »
ulitin ko with absolute sincerity papsi ha, pwede kang magpaliwanag ng tagalog.
mahirap intindihin English mo pag mejo mali mali ang grammar or wording. baka mali ang "translation" ng makakabasa.

Sorry sir ha, but mas sanay akong mag type sa English. But I'll try to type it in tagalog.

I understand the point na baka ma misinterpret..but can you cite my grammatical mistake resulting to your misinterpretation?

skill wise? both guys from JK and IVOS play the pentatonic, drums are pretty much your 4/4 measure, ano pa gusto mo marinig?
vocals? they both sing good.

Good observation on the pentatonics, 4/4 measure and singing quality.

But I find ivos songs technically more complex than jk. The guitar riffs were more well crafted and the basslines and drums were arranged cleaner for ivos in my opinion. And I think IVOS have better dynamics compared to JK. But it could be that my personal judgment is affected by the fact that IVOS has more songs than JK.

Your "pogi" thing, I believe is more applicable to JK than to the IVOS. Di hamak na mas maraming nagtitiliang babae kay JK everytime he sings buwan.

Have you heard them play live sir?

No I haven't. Youtube lang. Does it disqualify me from giving my 2 cents?

No, you were not very clear from the beginning. kaya nga simula palang sinasabihan na kita magtagalog ka nalang para malinaw statements mo.

Pasensya na kung hindi mo naintindihan ang English ko sir ;)

But I still insist I was clear from the beginning. And  I don't think my grammar is the problem, if you can quote my grammatical mistakes resulting to your misinterpretation, then I will properly accept it :) but take note ha, "grammatical mistake resulting to your misinterpretation"

so sino si people? pakielaborate din po sir kung sino yung people na tinutukoy mo. kapitbahay niyo? teacher mo? classmates mo? officemates?
pag sinabi nila na sila nga ang messiah of OPM, okay na rin sayo? tama ba sir?

People means mass of people not just "a particular group of people"....I based this definition of people solely on these facts..

Mundo is No. 1 both on the Spotify Global Charts and Spotify Philippines Daily Charts. (2018)

Nominees for Best Southeast Asian Act at this year’s MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs). (2018)

And again, baka ma mis interpret mo naman...I put the word, "if" before the word "people"..It's a conditional clause..I am not saying that the people have already said it. It is "My Assumption" that "if" people call them the savior I would accept it.

exactly. kaya nga nakakapagtaka sobrang defensive mo sa pag tatanggol na sila yung savior ng OPM :D

I did not defend them since I know it's only my opinion. I dont know what you're saying about me being defensive. Your misinterpretation has took a toll on you. I have always said that calling them (IVOS) the OPM's savior "is my opinion".

And if people (please don't let me redefine this again) accept them as the OPM's savior, I would accept it.

Are there any bands better than them (IVOS)? YES for SURE

Are there any bands worth listening than them? Certainly yes

But I am not aware (yet) of any band who have created a certainly huge bandwagon effect such as the IVOS

https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/iv-of-spades-ayala-solenad-mall-show-concert-fans

teka, kelan pa nagging Music Genre ang IVOS?

I never said IVOS is a genre,... please...stop misrepresenting my posts

Variables:
Fliptop - Group of Rappers
OPM HipHop - Genre

The last time I checked, fliptop is the term they call for rap battle.(https://tl.wikipedia.org/wiki/FlipTop)
So kailan pa to naging group of rappers?

If you can probably mention an OPM Hiphop group that has songs "people" are listening to. Then I can probably understand now your point.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 07:50:16 AM »

savior ng OPM? namatay ba? magsasawa ka sa underground ng OPM. lawakan mo pananaw mo TS. Wag ka mabulag sa kagwapuhan ng IVOS (kahit tatlo lang sila).
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 08:07:14 AM »
savior ng OPM? namatay ba? magsasawa ka sa underground ng OPM. lawakan mo pananaw mo TS. Wag ka mabulag sa kagwapuhan ng IVOS (kahit tatlo lang sila).
boooo dun ka sa rats mag post  :lol:

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
boooo dun ka sa rats mag post  :lol:

mahigpit sa bagong trabaho  :lol:  :lol:

kaya eto pasilip silip lang  :lol:  :lol:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline yeney_mugc

• Forum Fanatic