hulika

Author Topic: ARTEC PEDALS  (Read 159771 times)

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ARTEC PEDALS - Coming on stores!
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »
Although this is an APW-7 video in Hebrew.. I think it should give us all a rough idea of what an Artec wah would sound like.

IMO, it doesn't like a Crybaby, nor does it sound like a Morley. Somewhere in between I guess. And notice the sweep. Ang laki. Hehe.

I'll be waiting for a price list. :-D

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
Although this is an APW-7 video in Hebrew.. I think it should give us all a rough idea of what an Artec wah would sound like.

IMO, it doesn't like a Crybaby, nor does it sound like a Morley. Somewhere in between I guess. And notice the sweep. Ang laki. Hehe.

I'll be waiting for a price list. :-D

the pocket has posted a review... although medyo OT to since sa bass nagamit hehehe... i'll try to post a review of my own within th week :-D

http://thepocket.multiply.com/video/item/98/A_First_Look_Artec_True_Bypass_Pedals
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:52:47 PM by dakuykoy »
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline AkelleFusion

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
@dakuykoy

are they available there already? Bisita ako sa weekend.

k?

k. 

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
@ akelle mahmeyn - andun na sila kahapon pa! jam tayow!

@ mr. haey2 - kuya boner of sugar hiccup used a duo drive blender last night. imho, it sounds like a cranked tube amp. he was able to nail that skanky SRV tone.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:44:13 AM by dakuykoy »

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: ARTEC PEDALS
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »
I just traded my 70's drive blender for a duo drive. kasi although I liked the Rat-ish sound of the 70's drive, mas versatile ung duo drive. I can get from natural tube overdrive to cranked old marshall sound.

But still if you guys prefer that Tony Iommi or Angus Young crunch, I'd recommend the 70'sd drive blender. Sounds good for punk too.

Offline keida

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »
i dropped by hifi lounge in festival mall and have nothing but praise for the staff there and how accommodating they are to customers and prospective customers. none of the intimidation you get from other stores where staff shred like there's no tomorrow and look down on you. i make it a point to buy stuff from them maski pick or sticks for our drummer.

so, i brought my guitar and effects to see which would be a suitable replacement for my current fuzz and od.
chad let me try out the ones i was interested in. the guy was polite and very helpful. it was a pleasant experience if i might say so.

got to try the classic fuzztown, great noisy fat fuzz. gets a bit harsh when settings are all the way up. i kinda like it, might get one in the future. the dual controls are a bit confusing though.

the 70's drive blender sounded really good, from slightly overdriven to a crunchy OD. dial in the fuzz and it gets close to that of a rat. great versatile OD. doesnt add much volume though.
punkrock and motorhead fans will love this.

the analog delay doesnt color your sound. really transparent. this unit oscillates nicely, though the oscillations sound more like a crackly broken transistor radio, it doesn't totally drown out your sound. nice. i have an ibanez de7 and compared to it's analog mode, the SE-ADL will not give you the same crazy wall of noise oscillation. i'd like to get one in the future as a reverb pedal.
need a photographer? check my work: http://xkeidax.deviantart.com http://flickr.com/photos/xkeidax
-to see with eyes unclouded by hate -

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2009, 11:13:59 AM »
chad is a good guy and a good shredder.  :-D

anyway, @ keida - watch Peta Lukacs demo of the Fuzztown in YouTube. hope it can help.  :lol:

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »
got an analog delay and vol ped.

the analog delay is the it! hahah. ayus na ayus. i chose it over the adl2 which has the tone knob to compensate for the tone changes when the time knob rotates <brighter with faster time>. while the additional adjustment is helpful for compensating the tone changes, i didnt find it quite useful. character kasi talaga ng analog delay na nagbabago ang tone with the changes in the time settings.

as for the delay sound? grabe ang ganda! what you hear in the demos in the website is really what you get. id like to say it comes close to the mxr analog delay <of course the latter has more settings> and for the price, i could not ask for anything more!

as for the volume pedal, it's really cheap at around 2.9k ata i don't remember na. pero very nice. i think there's room for improvement sa sweep niya. medyo abrupt ang volume gain. i think it takes some getting used to though.

tried the twinhead and loved it to bits!! sayang i set my gas to the delay and vol ped na lang kasi eh. pero maganda siyang distortion.

nga pala nagulat lang ako slightly bigger than the usual mxr and ehx nano boxes ang artec. yun lang.

parang masarap tuloy bumili ng second delay pedal para di nakakapagod mag-adjust ng settings. heheh

im also thinking of having this one modded para mag-switch between two time knobs ala bbe two-timer delay. heheh.

cheers!!
strum away!

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »
OT: May Artec seven string pickups for sale kaya?
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »
@ boss turi - the APW-5 wah has adjustable range, it can go from Clapton to Hammett. Sounds good for bass too.

thanks. i also heard it's cheap too. looks durable as well. and i just ordered a CAE wah. would be nice to compare them.

any word on the volume pedal? also, if there would be any small expression pedals that Artec would release soon? (i need 3)
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »
thanks. i also heard it's cheap too. looks durable as well. and i just ordered a CAE wah. would be nice to compare them.

any word on the volume pedal? also, if there would be any small expression pedals that Artec would release soon? (i need 3)

@ boss turi - you can ask mr. strummer about the volume ped.

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »
kakacheck ko lang kahapon sa branch nila sa raon, meron na halos lahat except sa wah, gassing for a EQ  :lol: :lol:

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:40 AM »
i almost took the vol ped out sa board ko kahapon... heheh. adtrip di ko talaga trip yung volume pedal setting niya (min level at 0, max level at max settings) kasi medyo abrupt yung pagtaas ng volume from 0-max. maybe it needs some improvement dun. i got the settings i needed nung sagad yung max level (5-o'clock) and min level at 1 o clock.

medyo mali rin yung placement ko nung pedal kasi mas okey na after ng blues pro od ko dapat nilagay kasi kahit anong volume level ko parehas ang output level ng blues pro. heheh.

here's my current layout... 535q->artec vol ped->mxr supercomp->bluespro od->artec delay->ehx nano phase-> digitech chorus->sansamp acoustic di.

balak ko unahin na comp and od, wah, second to the last na sa chain yung vol ped. heheh.

yeba.
strum away!

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 02:31:28 PM »
kakacheck ko lang kahapon sa branch nila sa raon, meron na halos lahat except sa wah, gassing for a EQ  :lol: :lol:

bro san sa raon ung shop na meron artec?

say a point of origin is the deeco store?

tia!

whew! i was staring hard enough at the artec logo and i kept seeing the "crate" logo lol! :-D :evil:

i would love to start my pedalboard with these artecs, they seem sturdy and good sounding enuff (tnx artecsound.com, to the TS and bryan, man this is GAS!!)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:54:15 PM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
bro san sa raon ung shop na meron artec?

say a point of origin is the deeco store?

tia!

whew! i was staring hard enough at the artec logo and i kept seeing the "crate" logo lol! :-D :evil:

i would love to start my pedalboard with these artecs, they seem sturdy and good sounding enuff (tnx artecsound.com, to the TS and bryan, man this is GAS!!)
malapit dun sa may stage point, basta katapat niya lang

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »
malapit dun sa may stage point, basta katapat niya lang

ah okay, at least mas madali ilocate hehe, andaming tao kasi especially weekends sa daanan, plus the summer heat uber init lately!

tnx bro!
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »
ah okay, at least mas madali ilocate hehe, andaming tao kasi especially weekends sa daanan, plus the summer heat uber init lately!

tnx bro!
ok lang dud, pakyawan na ng artec pedals!! post mo sayo pabnakabili kana  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »
anyone tried the big dots tuner? it's good and it's so cute!!!  :lol:

I also like the twin head. I heard some of our brothers in the Bass Place are gassing for it too.

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »
okey here's my last insight on the volume pedal.. heheh.

first, this pedal isn't the plug and play type. you reeeeaaalllly need to tweak it, understand it, and get the feel of the pedal to get it to work for you. it's supposed to be simple but i think the abruptness of the sweep kinda needs adjusting. <well im used to keyboards volume pedals kasi puwede rin na dahil dun yun. heheh>.

second, nairita ako sa mga squeaks niya... minor lang naman yung squeaks pero napapansin ko kasi. good thing i have wd40 on my tool box sprayed it on the metal to metal contact points and there i got what i wanted. no more squeaks. plus, the control was smoother pa. yey!

workmanship: id give it a 9. <-1 for the squeaks>
sound: uh.. id give it an 8 kasi pinahirapan ako mag-tweak. hahah
price: cheapest good-quality pedal i know <morley vol ped at 5k+, ernie ball at 7k+, this one is at less than 3k.>

overall... yeba!  :-D
strum away!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »

I also like the twin head. I heard some of our brothers in the Bass Place are gassing for it too.

yup, i recommend the tuner or eq + tuner as the first in your signal path, i tried placing it in the last of the chain, its not sensitive enough in that area  :-)

Offline pg13

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »
when i was in world trade center during the phildigiawards i see artec pedals there... may dealer d2 sa pinas... kainiz lang kasi nadala nung PA namin ung catalog nakalagay dun kung san location d2 sa pinas pde bumili ng artec pedals.... sobrang mura ng pedals ang alm ko pinaka mahal na nila is 6thou...

baka alm nyo kung saan nakakabili ng artec pedals d2 sa pinas.... mejo madugo na ngaun ang ibang pedals eh.... hehehhee.....

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2009, 06:09:49 AM »

price range ng dots tuner and twin head bossing?
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »
price range ng dots tuner and twin head bossing?

nakita ko lang din to sa other older pages, pero its worth checkin

as they always suggest, prices are subject to change whithout prior notice hehe

http://theguitarden.multiply.com/journal/item/17/ARTEC_PEDALS_ARE_NOW_AVAILABLE
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »
Sir Daks wala pa bang dating na ARTEC pedals sa "The Music Source"  :?