hulika

Author Topic: Lava Cables Review  (Read 168206 times)

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Lava Cables Review
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 01:20:43 AM »
the EB last SUnday was Saturn Return's idea. I really appreciate those who attended the EB. I just thought that it was a great one and I did a demo on the cables. I did this at PJC music too. Here's what happened:

Guitars:
Elegee Telecaster
Gibson R9

Cables:
Planet waves 15 ft with circuit breaker
Gibson Custom Cable 10ft

Amp: mesa Boogie Blue Angel

Above mentioned provided by PJC Music

For what I know is as a rule of thumb on cables, the shorter it is the better - Main instrument cables, patch cables. and speaker cables. Im sticking with guitar cables and related subjects. This is what I know. So we tested the following equipment:

Fender Jap Strat Standard all stock
Rolexm's ibanez 7 string
Mark V's RG.

Cables tested:

Vox - 10ft
Planet waves 13 ft
Planet waves 10 ft
Fender 15 ft
Lava Blue Demon (entry level) 12ft
Lava Clear Connect 20ft

"Clearly" as witnessed by the ones who attended the demo that, the Lava Clear Connect was better than the ones mentioned. Notes are clear. Balanced Lows, Mids and Highs. "Walang naiipit na tunog". The volume that came out was even significantly boosted.

Tested on Fender Blues Deluxe, Marshal 50watt solid state. These were the only amps available at the studio.

I will do more tests with other cables and amps as often as I can. Please bear in mind that these cables are an investment. But I can guarantee that you wont be disappointed with the quality it delivers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:00:41 AM by turiguiliano »
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 07:20:33 AM »
What we did was we took one guitar and one amp. Fender Strat and I think it was Tweed Fender Tube Amp. Played a series of the same 4 chords and 1 lick through different cables: Fender 20ft, Vox 10ft, Lava (entry) 15ft , Lava High End 20ft.

The outcome: (In my opinion)
Fender - Balanced, clear but output not very prominent.
Vox - Higher output but a bit muddy. (This is mine)
Lava (Entry) - Clear
Lava High End - It's like you bought a BB Sonic Maximizer and a natural clean boost.

For what I know is as a rule of thumb on cables, the shorter it is the better - Main instrument cables, patch cables. and speaker cables. Im sticking with guitar cables and related subjects. This is what I know. So we tested the following equiment:

i think the rule of thumb with cables that shorter is better still stands.  the reason why the 20ft Lava stood out among the rest was due to the sheer quality of the cable as compared to the others. 

I will do more tests with other cables and amps as often as I can. Please bear in mind that these cables are an investment. But I can guarantee that you wont be disappointed with the quality it delivers.

@turi - i think it would also be nice if you tested cables that are in league with the Lava.  such would be GL's, Mogami and even Zaolla (if i recall correctly, Poundcake has one)

agree that cables are definitely an investment.  this fact is sometimes overlooked by musicians because their focus is mainly on guitars, amps and pedals.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »
i think the rule of thumb with cables that shorter is better still stands.  the reason why the 20ft Lava stood out among the rest was due to the sheer quality of the cable as compared to the others. 

@turi - i think it would also be nice if you tested cables that are in league with the Lava.  such would be GL's, Mogami and even Zaolla (if i recall correctly, Poundcake has one)

+1. I agree.
LF: Mojo

Offline Opay21

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 08:52:18 PM »
the EB last SUnday was Saturn Return's idea. I really appreciate those who attended the RB. I just thought that it was a great one and I did a demo on the cables. I did this at PJC music too. Here's what happened:

Guitars:
Elegee Telecaster
Gibson R9

Cables:
Planet waves 15 ft with circuit breaker
Gibson Custom Cable 10ft

Amp: mesa Boogie Blue Angel

Above mentioned provided by

For what I know is as a rule of thumb on cables, the shorter it is the better - Main instrument cables, patch cables. and speaker cables. Im sticking with guitar cables and related subjects. This is what I know. So we tested the following equiment:

Fender Jap Strat Standard all stock
Rolexm's ibanez 7 string
Mark V's RG.

Cables tested:

Vox - 10ft
Planet waves 13 ft
Planet waves 10 ft
Fender 15 feet
Lava Blue demon (entry level)
Lava Clear Connect 20ft

"Clearly" as witnessed by the ones who attended the demo that, the Lava Clear Connect was better than the ones mentioned. Notes are clear. Balanced Lows, Mids and Highs. "Walang naiipit na tunog". The volume that came out was even significantly boosted.

Tested on Fender Blues Deluxe, Marshal 50watt solid state. These were the only amps available at the studio.

I'm sure to get one. But hey guys, would about 3ft total of patch cables make a difference???
"Are you saying that now, things are going to be beautiful?"

"I'm saying things will be what they are"

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 11:12:33 PM »
Cool shootout.

but.. I dont think any myths were busted. What youve proven is that 5-10 feet isnt noticeable AND that Lava sounded better. The tests arent enough to say that cable length doesnt matter. Try connecting 20 ft into a pedal board (all true bypass) into another 20 ft of cable. :)

I'm sure to get one. But hey guys, would about 3ft total of patch cables make a difference???

It wont..
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Saturn/Return

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 01:16:35 AM »
Pardon the crappy pics:

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 01:19:36 AM »
Head to Head between George L's and Lava Cables...just like "Avada Kedavra" against "Expelliarmus" :lol: :lol: this I gotta see hehehe :-D
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »
anybody selling used george l's main instrument cables? the longer the better
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:46 AM »
hmmm, kung malaki talaga difference pwede pero kung slight lang pwede ng palagpasin... feed us g.a.s.  :lol:

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 02:58:51 AM »
hmmm, kung malaki talaga difference pwede pero kung slight lang pwede ng palagpasin... feed us g.a.s.  :lol:

huge actually. imo.

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »

MALAKI   :evil:

... nakapila na nga ako sa order eh.  :wink:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »
MALAKI   :evil:

... nakapila na nga ako sa order eh.  :wink:

hehe ipon mode muna ko saka may priority pa muna... astig!

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 01:42:09 PM »
ipon mode din muna ako.  pedals first.  but sure as hell i'll get Lava before it's all over.  :-D

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 08:32:04 PM »
ipon mode din muna ako.  pedals first.  but sure as hell i'll get Lava before it's all over.  :-D

try cables first. it will compliment all your gear. i promise you that.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 09:10:51 PM »
try cables first. it will compliment all your gear. i promise you that.

problem is, i have no gear at the moment.  just guitar and amp.   :-D

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 03:43:17 AM »

it's the perfect way to start. let's meet soon at AP pioneer. Ill bring my lava. Against their titanium series. I have yet to hear that too tho. lol.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 07:27:34 AM »
it's the perfect way to start. let's meet soon at AP pioneer. Ill bring my lava. Against their titanium series. I have yet to hear that too tho. lol.

turi the man!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 08:21:45 PM »

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:40 PM »

Then you MUST try Lava in between.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »
sana may mabibilan dito sa pinas na paisa isa lang na patch cable
hehe :D
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2009, 10:59:18 PM »

now that would be a fair fight!  set the date!    :-D

Then you MUST try Lava in between.

i'm happy with my Mogami.  my backup cable is a Klotz assembled in AP.  i might get another one and it may be a Lava.  but right now, i'm thinking of having a Lava-fused pedalboard.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:23:32 PM by maxi_musikero »

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2009, 01:56:21 AM »
but right now, i'm thinking of having a Lava-fused pedalboard.

sana may mabibilan dito sa pinas na paisa isa lang na patch cable
hehe :D

I just ordered this, limited space. 50 pieces agad sa akin eh. LOL

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 06:16:59 AM »
nyahehe sarap naman n'yan  :lol:

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 07:11:05 AM »
waaah nakakatempt na talaga....konting puyat nalang  8-)
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »
Do it, bitches! You'll love it.