hulika

Author Topic: Introducing AGUSTIN LAGON GUITARS of ILOILO CITY  (Read 21244 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Introducing AGUSTIN LAGON GUITARS of ILOILO CITY
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
maybe u should try one sir chino..specially bamboo acoustics..they sounds different...if im correct the guitarist of side A band had one from him...

i'd love to try one.. pero the problem with me is that i really don't go to far places.. meron nga rin ako mga invitations for tone party sa manila or jamming and stuff pero hindi ako nakakapunta.. i'm from los baņos pa bro.. a little young at heart kaya hindi makapag-adventure sa malalayong lugar by myself..

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »
bamboo bro because according to him it can withstand changes in temperature coz its a grass and bamboo have 7 musical frequencies compared to wood which has only one...yeah its cheap but  its rare coz it will take you 80 to 100 years to cut and use this wood for making guitar otherwise its still soft...heheh

peace..
7 musical frequencies? wood only has one? the explanation for this concept intrigues me.

it does not take bamboo 80-100 years to cut. if anything, it is one of the fastest growing plant species around.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »
7 musical frequencies? wood only has one? the explanation for this concept intrigues me.

it does not take bamboo 80-100 years to cut. if anything, it is one of the fastest growing plant species around.

bamboo organ and bamboo guitar... hmmm....
ayos ito!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline joesat

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »

sir ive replied to this post earlier inthe this thread...5-6 years old lang po ang bamboo na ginagamit..un 100 years,yun yong isa sa mga pics dyan na bass guitar with buri fretboard....ung buri na wood po tinutukoy ko dun na 100 years ksi ung bamboo naman po is grass e..mejo di lang kmi nagkaintindihan kanina ng inang forumite..heheh

about this musical frequency thing...i m also intrigue...i always talk to the man almost everyday but i didnt bother to ask those....
maybe just maybe it corresponds to the 7 keys that we have...cdefgab...ex. key of A which is 440....but again, ill confirm this concept if you really want..heheh....sana di ko na namention to, nagulo pa tuloy kayo..heheh..peace
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:47:17 PM by joesat »
successful deals w/: prank sinatra, bossingboss, alaala, dedma_walking, anodbiomech, boosted, god of war & stonelake, spankyrigor

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 09:13:02 PM »
Had a chat with another luthier, Mang Max and we discussed about guitars made of bamboo. I've asked about its durability (having had bad experience in my attic that used bamboo) -- told him ang bilis bukbukin even with solignum treatment. He mentioned dapat daw tama sa panahon ang pagputol, e.g. on Dec 27 (if my memory serves me right) so that it can last long (of course with the help of wood treatment as well).

Dun daw galing yung term na "TAGA SA PANAHON".

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
wowowow! :-o

I like the semi-hollow! maganda kaya ang cherry finish dyan with the bamboo "grain". :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »
Hi to all my brothers in music....i would like to introduce our very own guitar luthier,musician and a friend mr agustin lagon from iloilo...he's famous in panay for being a guitar luthier and one of the countries bamboo guitar maker...there were lots of luthiers mention inthis site so i made a thread for him for you guys to know that he exist also (as what i promised to him)...heheh...if you drop by panay island especially iloilo, you could contact him to see his works or a project guitar maybe thru this number(033)5008569..his address is molo, iloilo city beside the church..use my name joem so he knows who referred to you...

most of his guitars are bamboo neckthrough body combined with wood depends on customers specs....he uses solid handcrafted stainless fretwires which he call pyramidal kind of fretting which could last a lifetime due to being stainless steel..and no refretting needed unless any accident happen on the fretboard...sad to say he dont have access to imported woods u may want so he only rely on our local woods around...he makes electric ang acoustic guitars and also repairs, repainting,refretting...etc...

the thrustrods he's using is also stainless steel and of his own design combined with reinforcements for a very tough neck against bends and twists. he's been featured also(longtime ago)by national geographic and discovery channel and local networks on his works...

too much for the bla bla bla...heres some pics..and more to follow....mabuhay ang mga pinoy luthiers...

this bamboo guitar was sent to japan already.. :-D

pyramidal fretting of stainless steel solid fretwires

semi hollow bamboo guitar

some paintjobs and refretting

more to follow...
the man himself

my cousin's bass 5 string with exotic "buri" fretboard

the logo

my prs inspired nckthrough..5 years na matibay parin..cheap hardware ngalang ksi wlang budget noon..heheh..

custom machine heads for bass

inlays

old stuff in worshop

my electrocaustic guitar made by him...tailor inspired...

5 string bass with custom bridge

body of 6 string fretless bass

i tried a bamboo guitar before owned by a classmate, it sounded good thats all

but man that bass and that stained top guitar..thats freaking tasty looking ! 8-)

Offline uruha03

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 09:34:14 PM »
bro?
wala ba siyang cellphone number para makontak natin?

interested ako bro..

waahhh!!! :-o
 :-o
\\\"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.\\\"

Offline joesat

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 09:42:31 PM »
bro?
wala ba siyang cellphone number para makontak natin?

interested ako bro..

waahhh!!! :-o
 :-o

bro just pm this message sa akin para di ko makalimutan,,ill comeback to you pag nakuha ko na..out the country pa ako e..ill just call him nlang one of these days..
successful deals w/: prank sinatra, bossingboss, alaala, dedma_walking, anodbiomech, boosted, god of war & stonelake, spankyrigor

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 09:52:19 PM »
@joesat
can you PM me some details (price, etc.)
I'm also interested in probably having an ES-335 copy made. thanks.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:53:20 PM by fraudulentzodiac »

Offline joesat

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »
i tried a bamboo guitar before owned by a classmate, it sounded good thats all

but man that bass and that stained top guitar..thats freaking tasty looking ! 8-)
before i left iloilo i saw the finish product of the 2 basses...he put stain also on the body of that cross..ginaya konti sa ibanez btb yong stain..not sure if i have secured a pic...

Offline zrehtiek

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2009, 10:01:12 PM »
bamboo organ and bamboo guitar... hmmm....
ayos ito!

bamboo flute and bamboo singer pa! :P

Offline joesat

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
@joesat
can you PM me some details (price, etc.)
I'm also interested in probably having an ES-335 copy made. thanks.
es 335?just almost the same to that semi hollow on the pics?pm sent bro...sa pricing bro medyo di ko talaga masasagot yan...tawagan mo nlng sya para mliwanag..ksi maraming iconsider sa project mo e...yong material na gagamitin, kawayan ba o wood..ang materials whether sa yo ba..copy na copy ba o may revisions..inlays..etc..mga ganong bagay ba bro...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:44:46 PM by joesat »

Offline joesat

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 11:33:06 PM »
Had a chat with another luthier, Mang Max and we discussed about guitars made of bamboo. I've asked about its durability (having had bad experience in my attic that used bamboo) -- told him ang bilis bukbukin even with solignum treatment. He mentioned dapat daw tama sa panahon ang pagputol, e.g. on Dec 27 (if my memory serves me right) so that it can last long (of course with the help of wood treatment as well).

Dun daw galing yung term na "TAGA SA PANAHON".

tama ka dun bro kaya nga dapat hindi bababa sa 5 years ang edan ng kawayan tulad ng mga nasa pic.sa pagputol naman ay may tamang panahon at oras din yan kasi sinusunod pa nila ang matandang kaugalian..heheh..weird but true kahit na mga furniture shop dito na gumagamit ng kawayan e same ang kanilang paniniwala......at tinitreat yan ng chemical at keen dried..not only that, pag gawa naman sa gitara, pinapaliguan halos ng glue yan pati loob kaya sealed sya sa lahat ng peste...alam na ng matanda ang lahat ng pasikot sikot sa kawayan sa tagal ng kanyang experience sa ganyang gawain...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 11:41:05 PM by joesat »

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 11:48:01 PM »
i see some zero fret action, would like to see some demos of this

Offline brain salad surgery

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2009, 01:34:24 AM »
this guy has been featured in discovery channel...3 or 4 years ago

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2009, 03:36:56 AM »

wow!!

cool guitars!!
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline AhVia_Musicom

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2009, 06:24:18 AM »
i see... any foundation on his research? how did he know bamboo has 7 frequencies?... what are those frequencies anyway?

i have never heard about anything saying wood has 1 frequency... im not even sure if i read about frequencies while reading about tone wood and stuff.

and wow... 100 year old bamboo ummm tree-grass ... that must be something... i actually thought bamboo doesnt live that long.

hehehehehe you should meet him, he talks a lot, but he's a good guy, he's friends with our dear elegee, he did an extensive research regarding bamboo, not to mention he was featured in  discovery channel.

anyway lagoons work are amazing, the only thing i dislike are those humongous looking SS frets, he doesn't use normal ss frets, rather he uses a machine shopped custom SS frets ok dont get me wrong im a big fan of SS frets,

before when i had my bamboo guitar made by him it really didnt cost me much that was 6yrs ago it only cost me around 5k,

dont worry about bukbukin na bamboo he knows how to treat his bamboo well he has his own formula,

regarding his not so current price, i went home last may, i wanted a bamboo tele and he quoted me around 18-20k, i didnt push thru with it what i did was spend the money and invest in my own tools hehehehehe

and yes bryan he's fond of using Zero frets

long live lagoon! he smokes like no tomorrow but he uses those cheap lakampana yosi no wonder he's still kickin and making bamboo guitars screw yamaha bamboo guitar lagoon sued them if im not mistaken
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 06:35:18 AM by AhVia_Musicom »

Offline AhVia_Musicom

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2009, 06:45:33 AM »
tama ka dun bro kaya nga dapat hindi bababa sa 5 years ang edan ng kawayan tulad ng mga nasa pic.sa pagputol naman ay may tamang panahon at oras din yan kasi sinusunod pa nila ang matandang kaugalian..heheh..weird but true kahit na mga furniture shop dito na gumagamit ng kawayan e same ang kanilang paniniwala......at tinitreat yan ng chemical at keen dried..not only that, pag gawa naman sa gitara, pinapaliguan halos ng glue yan pati loob kaya sealed sya sa lahat ng peste...alam na ng matanda ang lahat ng pasikot sikot sa kawayan sa tagal ng kanyang experience sa ganyang gawain...

SUPER GLUE BATH (cyanoacrylates) thats what he uses, now i remember hehehehehehe

way back 6 yrs ago when he made me a guitar he placed the headstock on one chair then the end part of the body in another, i was shocked when he ordered me to go and stand on top of the guitar ( i told myself this guy is crazy ) i did what i was ordered to do and after a few minutes it was done, the guitar is still in perfect tuning, perfect condition dint break etc....

sorry for the story telling, just had a blast having him make me a custom bamboo gee,

btw his usual TAT or turn around time is around 3week-1mo

Offline dyames

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2009, 07:21:08 AM »
galing! astig!
Successful transactions with:
Raikidoodles | obetski | Kyle Travers | rockchops_14 |  pusanghapon

Offline ukeleleboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »
awesome! dyan ipinanganak at lumaki father ko sa panay island! maaya nga tatay ko dyan! lol  :-D
Ang batang masipag kapag lumaki pagod...

Offline joesat

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »
yeah youre right there sir..and also national geographic..im trying to find it in the net..i think it was not uploaded...heheh
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 09:44:19 AM by joesat »

Offline joesat

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »
SUPER GLUE BATH (cyanoacrylates) thats what he uses, now i remember hehehehehehe

way back 6 yrs ago when he made me a guitar he placed the headstock on one chair then the end part of the body in another, i was shocked when he ordered me to go and stand on top of the guitar ( i told myself this guy is crazy ) i did what i was ordered to do and after a few minutes it was done, the guitar is still in perfect tuning, perfect condition dint break etc....
sorry for the story telling, just had a blast having him make me a custom bamboo gee,
btw his usual TAT or turn around time is around 3week-1mo

well said bro..talagang matibay ang gawa ni *buks* lalo na ngayon na bago na yong design ng thrust rod niya at maraming reinforcements..last month hinanapan ko sya ng mga matatandang bamboo sa pinsan ko pati na mga wood. aside from being a good luthier, master of music siya..hangang ngayon kahit mga naging students niya di parin makatapat sa abilidad ni lagon sa music...balita ko ang berklee college of music e babalik na naman sa kanya sa january so problemado ung matanda sa time element niya kung mahahabol ba daw yong areglo ng mga kanta...heheh...as usual ok parin si buks..la campana and abcdesq..lagi ko siya kaharap sa baso.hahah...taga diin ka?molo ko meg..pirme ko to gatambay sa iya...pm me your real name...basi makatawag ko sa iya karon mention ta ka...

Offline ron21

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Siya din ba ang gumawa ng custom strat ni kawayan_strat? sayang deleted na ibang pics...

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,15493.0.html

demo:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:37:36 AM by ron21 »

Offline joesat

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »
Siya din ba ang gumawa ng custom strat ni kawayan_strat? sayang deleted na ibang pics...

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,15493.0.html

demo:
100% bro kasi nakita ko itong guitara na to sa yupangko forum...if kawayan strat is the same person na nagmamay ari ng post dun then marami na rin syang napagawa kay lagon noong una...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:57:10 AM by joesat »