hulika

Author Topic: Blue Yule 2010 - annual xmas party/concert of our blues community!  (Read 2116 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hey, guys, yuletide season is coming soon and you know what that means: it's time for Blue Yule!!!

Date, Place, and Time
Dec 2, 2010 at Conspiracy Garden Cafe on Visays Ave., across Shell gas station, Diliman, QC.
Show starts 830pm.

What is Blue Yule
Blue Yule is our annual concert/xmas party/EB for the blues community (since 2006). It's a chance for face-to-face meeting (vs. virtual friendship via FB), listen to our favorite music over some food and drinks, and have lotsa fun! One time, some of us wore xmas attire (Santa hat in my case) and even had an exchange gift portion! :-)

Theme: Benefit for a blues bro
In keeping w/ the season and the spirit of giving, let's make Blue Yule 2010 a benefit for a fellow brother in blues, specifically Lito Bote (bassist/vocalist for Smorgasband and also, formerly, of Soul Benders). Lito has the chops of Eric Clapton, bandleader skills and girth of Willi Dixon, and the voice of BB King! I kid you not! But after suffering a stroke more than 2 yrs ago Lito has been in a coma since. As a past beneficiary myself from the blues community's generosity, I know how such assistance can be a big financial as well as moral boost to Lito and family.

So, the bands will have to volunteer to play just for the fun of it, or for exposure.

Sales/Auction
I'm also thinking of allowing an auction/sale of music gear on a table at the door. If you have an item you are willing to give away, it can be sold/auctioned at the gate. All net proceeds go to Lito.  

Xmas raffle
We're raffling off blues cds c/o Bart, our blues bro from SoCal.

Band lineup
I have an idea to mix the lineup between experienced veterans and the rising stars and new generation of blues talents. .

Lineup:
Blues Rascals (w/ 17 yo Paul Marney)
Blues Mongrels (w/ The Nong)
Smorgasband (Lito's band w/ Arie Hipolito)
Blues Bruddahs w/ guest 14 yr. old blues wunderkind Kento Ido from Cebu
PLUG
Snakecharmer

Volunteer manpower
We will need volunteers for:
- Collector(s) at the gate who will check which are the band members (exempted from entrance fee), and to also manage the sale of items
- Programme MC/Coordinator/Timekeeper

Volunteer gear

UPDATE: Guitar amps are now covered c/o George/Siochi Amplification!!!  But if you want to bring your own amp, you are crazy cuz Siochi's amps are the bees knees!  LOL. :-)

But we still need a bass amp  (60w up pls.).

What else do we need or think about? (Hey, I'm not a prod so help me out here). Just post here if you wanna help or have suggestions.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:57:22 AM by deltaslim »

Offline ponky26

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Blue Yule 2010 - annual xmas party/concert of our blues community!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »

present!  mag file na ko two days leave para dito  :-D

Offline Jazz_n_Blues

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
blues guitrist here.. i play blues since i was in my highscool days way back 1997..

i do play some eric clapton, b.b. king, SRV, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, and my favorite Larry Carlton.

hindi pa po ako experienced on bars but i am playing on our church few years na.

pwede po ba maki session sa mga bands?

and i am very gladly to help this fundraising program.

wala na po ako sariling gamit. pero pwede ko po hiramin les paul ng frnd ko..

I also wanna join ung blues night sa conspiracy.

here's my number, 09227213201

bihira po kc ako mag online kaya leave ko na lng po contact number ko..

thanks a lot and God bless!!!

question pala, magkano po entrance fee and some details about place and schedules..

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »
blues guitrist here.. i play blues since i was in my highscool days way back 1997..

i do play some eric clapton, b.b. king, SRV, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, and my favorite Larry Carlton.

hindi pa po ako experienced on bars but i am playing on our church few years na.

pwede po ba maki session sa mga bands?

and i am very gladly to help this fundraising program.

wala na po ako sariling gamit. pero pwede ko po hiramin les paul ng frnd ko..

I also wanna join ung blues night sa conspiracy.

here's my number, 09227213201

bihira po kc ako mag online kaya leave ko na lng po contact number ko..

thanks a lot and God bless!!!

question pala, magkano po entrance fee and some details about place and schedules..

Just come to the event and get to know the bands.  Maybe they'll let you sit in.  But on this particular night I'm not sure if we have time to do an open mic/jam session.

Offline mikerock

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »
@delta update kita asap.. tnx
<

Offline reji05ramos

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 12:23:10 AM »
frustrated blues player here. can I still come? :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »
frustrated blues player here. can I still come? :lol:

of course! especially if you want to turn your frustration into inspiration!

Offline reji05ramos

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »
of course! especially if you want to turn your frustration into inspiration!

wow, well said sir. I'd like to come but dec 3 the day after this event is a school day. I'm not sure if my parents will let me go.  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
Thank you to everyone who came to Blue Yule last Thu. Congrats to the winners of the cd prizes c/o of Mojohound Brat. Thanks to Siochi Amplification for the amps and Kit Mendoza for the bass "amp". And of course thanks to all the bands Blues Mongrels, Blues Rascals, Kulukati, Snakecharmer, PLUG, Smorgasband (and Ken...to Ido for jamming). Till Blue Yule 2011 - our 5th year will be bigger and better!