hulika

Author Topic: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones: Breaking Stereotypes  (Read 1971 times)

Offline masterdiwa

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones: Breaking Stereotypes
« on: October 05, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones: Breaking Stereotypes
http://diwa.makiling.ph/bela-fleck-and-the-flecktones-breaking-stereotypes/

Check out my blog feature about the band and their music.
MAKILING
Celebrating 10 years of Pinoy World Music
http://www.makiling.ph

Offline gyrus

Re: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones: Breaking Stereotypes
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:06:08 AM »
i believe they went here in the philippines during the early 90's. they hav a rendition of one of the pinoy music, included in one of their albums ("live art" if i'm not mistaken).
Ako ay Pilipino!

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 02:26:04 PM »
i believe they went here in the philippines during the early 90's. they hav a rendition of one of the pinoy music, included in one of their albums ("live art" if i'm not mistaken).

yes, they were here in the country and I was there, hehe. Saw them first at the Jefferson Centre and second at the UP College of Music, fantastic sets! There was even a sit down lesson with Victor himself - he was still doing the ADA ads during that time. at the UP set - Vic let his bass flying up and caught it right on the downbeat. what a treat!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:14 AM »
yes, they were here in the country and I was there, hehe. Saw them first at the Jefferson Centre and second at the UP College of Music, fantastic sets! There was even a sit down lesson with Victor himself - he was still doing the ADA ads during that time. at the UP set - Vic let his bass flying up and caught it right on the downbeat. what a treat!

me there wit ya bruddah!

Offline gyrus

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »

i remembered the song in the album. i think it was "lawiswis kawayan."
Ako ay Pilipino!

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 02:38:10 PM »
This band use to feature Howard Levy who can play all the notes in one 10-hole harmonica. Check out their early albums. ex. UFO TUFO.

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »
Tas kwela nung nag-workshpop sila, may kaibigan akong singer --- hindi ko na babanggitin kung sino dahil kilala't sikat siya --- na tinanong kay Bela Fleck, "What's your name again?".

Samantalang pangalan ni Bela Fleck yung nakapaskil sa mga poster at kung anu-ano pa.

Tawa kami ng tawa. Sabi namin kung kami si Bela, tinuro namin yung malaking poster na may nakasulat na Bela Fleck & The Flecktones sabay, "Kita mo yan? Ako yan, eh!!!". :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:42:16 PM by aya_yuson »
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline rodney vidanes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 02:29:07 AM »

i was there too.  :-)  bago lang ako nakikinig ng ganung music at that time, jazz, fusion and avant garde music...sobrang galing nila! and yeah i remember that act which Wooten did with his bass, haneeeepp! Bela Fleck's skill with the banjo is truly revolutionary, galing! naalala ko din ng time na yun nakijam si mr. Angelo Villegas and mr. Mike Alba if i'm not mistaken with Bela Fleck. what a great experience!  :-)
John 3:16