hulika

Author Topic: advice pls godin sd or radiator?  (Read 3606 times)

Offline nosecrecy

advice pls godin sd or radiator?
« on: March 14, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »
ano bang mas maganda bilhin?

godin radiator or godin sd? if at the same price anong mas sulit?
Music has no boundaries.

Offline nosecrecy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:32:05 AM »
i'm sorry i didn't catch that... sabi ko po anong mas ok bilhin na gitara godin radiator ba or yung godin sd kung magkaprice sila...
Music has no boundaries.

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »
Go for the SD! :D  Raidiator kasi unique ang pickups and mukang mahirap mag upgrade to seymour duncan or dimarzio. And if you look closely at the radiator hollow sya beneath the pickguard. With the SD you can easily upgrade the pickups, more sounds, and more wood :D

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »
What do you exactly mean?
Do you mean "better" in terms of tone? Or in terms of aesthetics?  :)

Kasi kung sa aesthetics/looks lang naman..I'd say go for the Radiator, specifically the black one. For me, the SD looks like a strat na bitin.  :)

Offline nosecrecy

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »
honga maganda radiator itsura wise... but tone wise shempre mas importante yun... godin sd beats the radiator tone wise?
Music has no boundaries.

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »
i agree na mas maganda itsura ng radiator. pero soundwise di hamak na mas maganda tunog ng SD.  :D

Offline nosecrecy

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 11:46:02 AM »
hmmm... this makes me think na... of course it's more important to sound good
Music has no boundaries.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 11:46:42 AM »
"Tone is subjective"  :lol:

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 11:47:59 AM »
sound muna :D  and the SD doesn't look that bad :-k

and i agree that tone is subjective. But with the SD pwede kang mag palit ng pups if you don't like the tone.

with the Radiator, your stuck with what you have plus less wood( which could be a good thing because its considerably lighter than the SD).

so if you want the radiator be sure that you are satisfied with the tone. :D

Offline nosecrecy

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 11:51:15 AM »
yeah tone is subjective i really don't like the fact that the radiator is diffi
cult to upgrade sayang
Music has no boundaries.

CHUG

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 12:09:12 PM »
Maybe (just maybe), they are made to suit different type of music kaya mejo hollow ung isa ant solid body yung isa. Since mas important ung tone para sa yo, siguro you should just test both (IMO).

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:53:02 PM »
When I bought my Godin Radiator, it was a trip..With Jimmy Page playing "In My Time of Dying" on his Danelectro in mind. 8)

Try it for yourself dude. Wen I bought mine, sale noon. Last day na ng sale so ang hirap mag-isip kasi napadaan lang ako that day...I tried the guitar for like 2-3 hours...Sbe sa akin pde ako mag downpayment ng P1k muna, then balikan ko after 1 week to buy the guitar or get my money back.

That way at least naka reserve na sa akin...On the very last day, test ko ulit, mga 2-3 hours ulit.. :lol: kse ang wierd ng sound nya...parang ibang flavor? I always play heavy music and that's why I found this guitar...different. 8)

Ayos naman for AC/DC type of crunch, but it wont hold up if you want to play hi-gain stuff, metal...Pero maganda clean tone nya...Although 3 knobs lang 2 volume, 1 tone control and no pickup switch, marami k rin sound na makukuha...DEpende tlaga kung ano taste mo.

Dun naman sa issue ng pickup upgrade...hmmm..Ung akin wala ako balak kse para sa akin okay un sound nya for the type of music I play w/ it. Check mo sa Harmony Central, baka may owners doon na nakapag upgrade ng pickups. 2 single coils gamit nyan.

Kaya bottomline test mo maige. gudluck. 8)
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
Godin SD
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »
eto po geeetar ko.. ayos naman ang Godin SD... u can get good clean sounds and chug chug heavy dirty tones.

pero test mo rin para sure ka.. depende rin syempre sa taste mo...
ang match na match na amp ng godin (IMHO) is SS/tube fenders (wag lang yung FM series) and tube/hybrid marshalls amps.. pero oks din naman sya sa peavey hehe..

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 02:55:26 PM »
Quote from: SDMF
When I bought my Godin Radiator, it was a trip..With Jimmy Page playing "In My Time of Dying" on his Danelectro in mind. 8)

Try it for yourself dude. Wen I bought mine, sale noon. Last day na ng sale so ang hirap mag-isip kasi napadaan lang ako that day...I tried the guitar for like 2-3 hours...Sbe sa akin pde ako mag downpayment ng P1k muna, then balikan ko after 1 week to buy the guitar or get my money back.

That way at least naka reserve na sa akin...On the very last day, test ko ulit, mga 2-3 hours ulit.. :lol: kse ang wierd ng sound nya...parang ibang flavor? I always play heavy music and that's why I found this guitar...different. 8)

Ayos naman for AC/DC type of crunch, but it wont hold up if you want to play hi-gain stuff, metal...Pero maganda clean tone nya...Although 3 knobs lang 2 volume, 1 tone control and no pickup switch, marami k rin sound na makukuha...DEpende tlaga kung ano taste mo.

Dun naman sa issue ng pickup upgrade...hmmm..Ung akin wala ako balak kse para sa akin okay un sound nya for the type of music I play w/ it. Check mo sa Harmony Central, baka may owners doon na nakapag upgrade ng pickups. 2 single coils gamit nyan.

Kaya bottomline test mo maige. gudluck. 8)

Hmmm kung may single coil replacement yan mukang ok din....or if you want to be risky make the hole for the pickups and put P90's there!

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »
If ease of use of tone controls and pickup switching is important to you...

Walang pickup switch ang Radiator . You have to use the 2 volume knobs to blend in/out each pickup...

if i recall correctly from what a prev. owner of a Radiator told me, the sound is bright and thin... parang Tele ang approximation. But I didn't try one long enough myself to really remember tone nuances. Na-turn off agad ako sa lack of pup switch.

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 09:54:10 PM »
Up ko lang 'to...
Magkano ba ang Godin SD? Pasok kaya 'to sa 15k (& below) na budget?

I've been reading good reviews on this - and I'm starting to like it's looks. This could be another good choice for my future electric guitar, next to a Hamer SATF. :D

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 04:16:10 AM »
mahogany-wood ung hamer na gusto mo dba? mas masarap timbre ng mahogany wood esp for heavy music, IMO 8)
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline col_rukie

sd
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »
ako SD action parang tele...hehehehe :D
Lets talk music!!! www.musicandthewalk.com

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 01:03:03 PM »
Yup, mahogany nga yung wood nung Hamer SATF, so maganda nga for heavy music. Pero there are several reviews that I've read that the Hamer is quite versatile. Not as heavy as an LP, not as bright as a strat. Somewhere in the middle. :D

The SD on the other hand, is said to be reminiscent (tama spelling?) of a tele. I checked out Musician's Friend, and pasok sana 'to sa budget. If only ganun ang price dito sa Pinas. Parang fat strat sana eh, tapos parang satin strat ang finish. Yummy.
May advantage siya kahit papano over the Hamer.
Pero well over 20k ang price ng SD pala dito. :(
Wala na kong pambili ng multifx & practice amp kung ganun.

These 2 guitars are the ones with the best reviews so far, compared to Squiers.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »
radiator...downside lang talaga yung no PUP switch
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing