hulika

Author Topic: Squier Guitar Users Thread  (Read 164119 times)

Offline jM_040205

• Netizen Level
Re: Squier Guitar Users Thread
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 10:57:37 PM »

sir anong pickups ng tele mo?GFS ba yan?anong model?may hum pa ba?

Offline juntwang

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
sir anong pickups ng tele mo?GFS ba yan?anong model?may hum pa ba?

yup, GFS - calibrated tele pickup set Hot Lead Lil Puncher.

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:01 AM »
tanong ko lang po kung sulit ba sa price nila ang squier guitars?? salamat po :-)
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 08:19:34 AM »
tanong ko lang po kung sulit ba sa price nila ang squier guitars?? salamat po :-)

sulit na sulit! you just need to adjust a couple of things here and there.. upgrade pickups and you can rock yourself out! :wink:

Offline amic

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 08:26:34 AM »
sulit na sulit! you just need to adjust a couple of things here and there.. upgrade pickups and you can rock yourself out! :wink:

by default/stock pups are rockable when maxed produces a bit of a low grit overdriven sound.

It cleans out very nice when vol pot is set way back, and not muffled like my Ibanez GIO.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:10:10 AM by amic »

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 08:52:47 AM »
I'm satisfied with the stock alnico SC pick-ups of my fat strat. I only replaced the HB with a DM Super Distortion since its too bright too me. :-D

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
I'm satisfied with the stock alnico SC pick-ups of my fat strat. I only replaced the HB with a DM Super Distortion since its too bright too me. :-D

i also find my squier affinity strat (burst w/maple fretboard) too bright and trebly. i am not going to replace my stock sc pu's though. i'll just find a way to make them out of phase. also, the paint chips easily...which i like because it hastens the relicing process. :evil: i also like its large headstock.

although i am really a les paul and rg person, i find my squier strat a very nice solid guitar.  :-)
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
I like the brightness of the SC's on my Squier, it really sounds stratty IMO. It also excels in low gain to medium gain OD tones. It's a good match with my TS-7 and SD-2. :-D

Offline amic

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 09:14:23 AM »
my squier bullet strat is made of BAsswood...really good for leadtones :mrgreen:

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
I like the brightness of the SC's on my Squier, it really sounds stratty IMO.

+1 i agree with this.  :-) the only setback for me is that the sound/tone reminds me of ramon jacinto performing on stage with his strat. his licks are great and i try to cop him every now and then...but his dance moves...ack!!!  :lol:
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline anot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 10:01:28 AM »
Here's My Squier MasterBuilt Series Esprit:

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »
Here's my Squier Fat Strat:

This is how it look's like when I got it.

Group pics with the other strats.

This is how it looks like now.

I replaced the string trees with the roller type.

I removed the back plate.

I replaced the bridge pick-up with a DiMarzio Super Distortion and the control knobs & switch tip with black ones.

I also replaced the strap button with Dunlop straplocks and I use a Fender strap w/ this guitar.

This guitar looks awesome. This is my all-around guitar right now. I'm still planning to do mods like having a bone nut installed and I'll have it rewired that one tone control is for both neck & middle pick-ups while the other tone control will be for the bridge. I'm also having a push-pull pot placed on the bridge tone control so that I can have the HB split for SC type sound in the bridge.

Offline jolam1431

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 12:50:12 PM »
Wow ganda naman ng mga squire nyo mga bossing...

Sali ako, the problem is what I have is just some close-up takes of my squire... next time I'lll post the picture of the whole guitar... these are just the photo of the body and back of the head stock... just a teaser kumbaga...   :mrgreen:

I dunno what type of squire is this but somebody told me that this is a "fat strat". I love this axe though, havent given it a name yet.....

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »
I dunno what type of squire is this but somebody told me that this is a "fat strat". I love this axe though, havent given it a name yet.....

It's a double fat Strat. Double for the 2 humbuckers. A standard fat Strat comes with H-S-S configuration, just like sir Allan's.

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »
Wow ganda naman ng mga squire nyo mga bossing...

Sali ako, the problem is what I have is just some close-up takes of my squire... next time I'lll post the picture of the whole guitar... these are just the photo of the body and back of the head stock... just a teaser kumbaga...   :mrgreen:

parehas tayo ng guitar! :-D sarap gamitin no?
geeesh

Offline XFree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
chin-up squier owners!
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Offline gingy

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »
tsk, may ganyan ako dati eh....huhuhuhu
squier master series thinline telecaster
squier '51 vintage modified series
washburn mercury by jackson- grover compross compressor/sustainer,boss bd2,boss sd2,boss ge7, boss bf2, boss ch-1,behringer ut100,gator dual guitar case

Offline Angst_Ridden

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »
Guys, quick question lng po. where can we check the serial # of squiers? May website ba kng saan ma check ntin mga to?  :lol:

Offline ponky26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2008, 03:58:47 PM »
 heres my pimped Squire Tele Affinity, ilang beses ko na ata na post to sa ibang threads  :-D

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »
Mine..

Squier MIJ Telecaster

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »
sarap naman tignan ng mga SQUIER tele!!

Offline Downbeat

• Netizen Level
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2008, 09:25:46 PM »
Here's mine..

early 90's Fender Squire (Medyo dirty white pa ang color ink ng serial number) - made in Japan with Seymour Duncan "Jazz Model" in neck and Seymour Duncan "Hot Rails" sa bridge, push/pull and body string thru sya.. vintage blonde as per picture, solid maple neck and alder body..

Never be Bb, never be B#, be natural..                                                     \"CLICK THIS\" ---> http://circleaudio.multiply.com/

Offline ponky26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
Hey Ponky! I really like what you did with your Tele.  :-) What pickups did you install at the neck & where did you get them? Who installed them as well?

Favorite ko talaga yung iyo on how you "pimed" that Tele.. :wink:

thanks man,
I bought all the hardware & pick-ups from GFS courtesy of BossingBoss. many thanks to him  :-)
The neck pup is a GFS humbuck size P90.
All set-up, including rerouting of the neck pup cavity & convertion from top loader to string thru on the bridge, was done by MAng Max Rufo. So far ok naman results sa pandinig ko  :-). Not sure if will sound close to a real string thru tele. I might bring it sa National Gas day para ma pa-test sa mga expert.  :-D

Offline jolam1431

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2008, 11:51:12 AM »
almost forgot to post my squire  :-D

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »
ang aking squier '51 vintage modified series  :-D

eto yung last stock ng '51 sa yupangco, buti naabutan ko  :-P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:11:39 PM by anoemous »