hulika

Author Topic: adive please : CISS ink combination and photo paper supplies  (Read 3236 times)

Offline palmmuteboi

adive please : CISS ink combination and photo paper supplies
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »
Hi guys? sino po sainyo may CISS converted printers? at nag pprint ng sarili nilang mga photos? anyways, kahapon i tried an experimental procedure sa ink, i have a Canon pixma IP1300 ordinary printer. it uses dye based ink as we know it, but after printing photos for personal collection purposes, parang di ko nagustuhan ang output ng dye based para sa photos esp on photo papers. Now i tried combining pigment ink and dye based ink, basically sa tank ko i filled each color upto half of each colors tank, then put pigment ink din ( sa isang 100ml bottle ng pigment ink i used 1/4 of the bottle para sa combination for each color) then pinaikot ko muna ang ink konting shake sa tank para mahalo ang mixture. yung una ang panget ng print maybe because dye palang siya but nung pumasok na yung pigment + dye combination sa cartridge ko ayun i was impressed and masaya naman sa result,  makikita and mafefeel mo yung difference sa texture and quality, you can actually see the difference now mapapansin mo na yung resin ng pigment eh nasaibabaw tlga ng photo paper. Well it works for me, may mga gumawa na din ba nito at sumubok please share your tips naman.

And lastly would like to ask saan ako pwede makabili ng photo papers? malapit along commonwealth. meron sa mga photoline etc etc cdr king etc pero oks kaya, im looking for a really good glossy paper and a silk photopaper sana matulungan niyo ako, thanks!
Like us : facebook.com/Guitarispa
Subscribe : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuCgSf6rTrXcF7Z5eORMVYA

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: adive please : CISS ink combination and photo paper supplies
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
the problem with CISS converted printers eh the inconsistency of colors ng mga inks. thus, you will have to re-create ICC profiles everytime na magpapa-refill ka ng ink na gagamitin mo kung gusto mo close match sa monitor mo (assuming you have a calibrated and profiled display) yung pinrint mo.

mas advisable talaga that you use original inks of your printer then the recommended papers for your printer (first-party) and those third-party papers na may available na ICC profiles to download or (you can create one if none is available to download).

nga pala, one think I noticed with pigment inks e when you print something on glossy , yung black medyo may silver-ish/shiny effect. :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:32:41 AM by rennell »

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
the problem with CISS converted printers eh the inconsistency of colors ng mga inks. thus, you will have to re-create ICC profiles everytime na magpapa-refill ka ng ink na gagamitin mo kung gusto mo close match sa monitor mo (assuming you have a calibrated and profiled display) yung pinrint mo.

mas advisable talaga that you use original inks of your printer then the recommended papers for your printer (first-party) and those third-party papers na may available na ICC profiles to download or (you can create one if none is available to download).

nga pala, one think I noticed with pigment inks e when you print something on glossy , yung black medyo may silver-ish/shiny effect. :)

yup i think that particle eh yung resin sa pigment inks, anyways yeah nothing beats original ink/cartrige with great photo papers, anyways im just doing this for fun and dont wanna spend so much on printing hehe yung tipong when i shoot tas ok i can print it right away to put on my wall or something just for fun so maybe this experiment maybe good enough if not baka mas mapamahal ako hehe

Offline washburny

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:47:08 AM »
like   :-D
I am nothing without Christ...
You are something if you are in Christ...
We are all important in God's kingdom. Receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, now!

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:27:29 PM »
yup i think that particle eh yung resin sa pigment inks, anyways yeah nothing beats original ink/cartrige with great photo papers, anyways im just doing this for fun and dont wanna spend so much on printing hehe yung tipong when i shoot tas ok i can print it right away to put on my wall or something just for fun so maybe this experiment maybe good enough if not baka mas mapamahal ako hehe
haha! I believe that every photographer should know how to print their shots properly. a photographer's workflow should always end in printing.

kaya good start yan, sir! enjoy printing! mas lalo masaya yan if you're getting your colors match with your display! :D

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »
haha! I believe that every photographer should know how to print their shots properly. a photographer's workflow should always end in printing.

kaya good start yan, sir! enjoy printing! mas lalo masaya yan if you're getting your colors match with your display! :D

i definitely agree sir, for the mean time learning process muna ito, btw sir can you recomend me a good printer na pwede ko ipalit sa current printer ko for printing photos? thank you

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 01:30:30 AM »
i definitely agree sir, for the mean time learning process muna ito, btw sir can you recomend me a good printer na pwede ko ipalit sa current printer ko for printing photos? thank you
Try Canon printers! Consumable are almost everywhere! Hindi mahirap makahanap ng inks and papers. They also have a nice line-up of photo papers pero yung mga art papers nila would only work for their Pixma Pro printers. :)

If you're looking for an affordable A4 printer, try the MG5370, it's an all-in-one printer! Or the printer only, iX6560 which can print up to A3+ size. :D