hulika

Author Topic: sa mga nakapag try ng mag pa ship ng guitar effects  (Read 1984 times)

Offline extra-slinky

sa mga nakapag try ng mag pa ship ng guitar effects
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »
hi. gud day. may friend ako na taga amerika. sa california. magkano kaya yung shipping nun?
wala talaga akong alam sa mga shipping na yan eh. paki turuan nyo naman ako. hehehe

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: sa mga nakapag try ng mag pa ship ng guitar effects
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »
your friend in cali should be able to tell you once he brings it in to the post office.

but from memory a single stompbox would be around about $10 by USPS airmail 4-10 days.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 09:32:18 AM »
somewhere around $30US for a boss pedal, USPS global priority mail, round 1 week delivery. Is it a new pedal o segunda mano?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline lowtuneduser

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:33:17 AM »
ako nga nagpa ship ng 3 boss pedals, yung tax pag dating dito umabot ng 10k plus. grabe.
ESP LTD Viper 301 • Dimebag Crybaby •  Boss NS-2 • Boss ML-2 • Boss GE-7 • Boss BF-3 • Boss PH-2 • Boss TR-2 • Boss DD-3 • Korg DT-3 Tuner • Kalikot Audio PSU • GHS ZW String (.11-.70) • Custom Pedalb

Offline QBERT (BERT QUITEVEZ)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »
My friend shipped me emg's last month, door to door via ups, na declare niya ng $200, kaya custom charge me $2600. grabe tax dito, kaya pag papaship ka sa friend mo, ipadeclare mo na gift.

MR. MICO,
    I PRESUME U PAID NOT ONLY THE CUSTOMS DUTIES BUT ALSO THE COST OF FREIGHT,
HANDLING, DOCUMENTATION CHARGES, LOCAL FREIGHT (BEING DOOR TO DOOR) AND OUR
LOCAL TAX.
    IN LAYMAN'S TERMS;
    THE CUSTOMS DUTIES IS COMPUTED THIS WAY.

FOB VALUE
    FREIGHT
    INSURANCE   (4% OF THE  FOB)
    OTHER CHARGES  (EX. PACKING, 2% OF THE FOB VALUE)
                                                                                         _________________ 
                                                                                        TOTAL IN USD$.
                                                                                   X   EXCH RATE IN PP
                                                                                        __________________

= DUTIABLE VALUE IN PESOS
                                                                                    X     .01  (1

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »
My friend shipped me emg's last month, door to door via ups, na declare niya ng $200, kaya custom charge me $2600. grabe tax dito, kaya pag papaship ka sa friend mo, ipadeclare mo na gift.

:-o

$2600 charge for a $200 set of EMGs. Whacky!  :-o

j/k. i know what you mean.

besides how much is a set of EMGs in pinas anyway? i'm sure you still saved money anyway?

personally, i hate paying customs duties/taxes on top of what i already paid for, but that's the cost of buying overseas.
kumbaga if you buy it locally, factored in na yung mga added costs na yan.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »
dhl or fedex nyo kaya?

Offline QBERT (BERT QUITEVEZ)

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
ACTUALLY ONE PERCENT LANG ANG CUSTOMS DUTIES NG MGA MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.
ANG NAGPALAKI NG BINABAYARAN NATIN AY ANG TAXES WHICH IS 12% NG TOTAL LANDED COST.

WHICH IS BEFORE THE RVAT (EXPANDED VALUE ADDED TAX) IS 10% OF THE TOTAL LANDED COST.
GANITO IYON.

SUMMARY;

CUSTOMS DUTIES                          PHP.   XXX.XX
VAT (12% OF THE LANDED COST)             XXX.XX
IPF  (IMPORT PROC. FEE)                         XXX.XX
                                                    =========
                                                  = TOTAL AMOUNT DUE TO THE GOVT.

TIP:   MATAAS DIN MAG CHARGE ANG UPS,  NEXT TIME PLS REQUEST THE ACTUAL BCOR (BUREAU OF CUSTOMS OFFICIAL RECEIPT FROM UPS) . MINSAN KASI DINADAGDAGAN NILA ANG CHARGE FROM THE ACTUAL PAYMENT.
AND ALSO,  MATAAS LALO ANG CHARGE NILA KUNG UPS ANG PI-PICKUP NG GOODS FROM UR SENDER.
MAS MAKAKA-SAVE KAYO KUNG KAYO NA ANG MAGDADALA SA STATION NILA FOR SHIPPING TO THE PHILS. (UNG PICK-UP RATE NG MGA PARCEL SERVICE MASYADONG EXORBITANT).
IT'S NOT THE NUMBER OF STRINGS YOU PUT IN THE MUSIC BUT IT'S THE MUSIC YOU PUT INTO THOSE NUMBER OF STRINGS! (YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN)

Offline lowtuneduser

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:19:35 PM »
bwiset na tax yan! :-D
ESP LTD Viper 301 • Dimebag Crybaby •  Boss NS-2 • Boss ML-2 • Boss GE-7 • Boss BF-3 • Boss PH-2 • Boss TR-2 • Boss DD-3 • Korg DT-3 Tuner • Kalikot Audio PSU • GHS ZW String (.11-.70) • Custom Pedalb

Offline Schimitar

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 01:38:31 PM »

[/quote]

Basta i hate customs. :-D :-D :-D
Thanks for the computation, i'll really keep that in mind. We all will keep that in mind.
[/quote]

Pls. don't blame customs, they only implement the law of the government.
And the duties and taxes they collect goes to our internal revenue.
Blame the govt instead.

Around the world, there are three kinds of Tariff. 
-Revenue Tariff
-Protective Tariff
-Bargaining Tariff.

Our country being a developing country has adopted the "revenue tariff".
(That's why para kang dumadaan sa butas ng karayom pg meron kang release na shipment.)
He he he!

In comparison to other countries, (those who adopted the protective and bargaining tariff)
they only collect the duties to protect their local domestic industries, from unfair competition.
In fact in some countries in Europe and Middle east, they don't charge a single cent from imptd
articles with a value of  US$ 500.00 and below. They are classified as personal and household effects.

The govt. is responsible for all this taxation. Adding more insult to injury is the imposition of the R-VAT.
(from 10% to 12%) by the Arroyo adm.
And also, the majority of the people serving in the Bureau of Customs are political appointee, kaya corrupt.
Minsan kahit wlang prob, hinahanapan ka ng butas para kumita. Lalo na pg na-ispatan nila na wla kang knowledge sa tariff and customs code.

OFF TOPIC:   
In the u.s. they adopt 2 kinds of tariff. (kya iba ang rates ng tax sa East coast and West coast).

Time is short, let's play music as long as possible.