hulika

Author Topic: Pro Analog Power Driver Review  (Read 6164 times)

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Pro Analog Power Driver Review
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »
I decided to post this quick review because I am about to be banned.  So here goes...

It a nutshell, it is not worth US$250 if you are looking for a drive pedal that will change your sound timbre on a clean amp.  Parang kulang ang drive unless its at the extreme gain setting.

Like the Dirt Royal with Cheese, it goes best with a slightly overdriven amp and stacked up with another gain pedal.

However, if you love the overdriven nature of your amp and you want to enhance it or spice it up then this pedal is worth it.  Why?  It is so tonally neutral with all settings at 12 o clock that you really think its bypassed when it is actually on.  With a little tweaking, your basic sound is enhanced with just the right amount of desirable qualities such as increased definition, some sustain and cut.  It turns a boring and flat overdrive into something more lively and organic.

That's all folks... 

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Pro Analog Power Driver Review
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 10:57:01 AM »
I am about to be banned.  So here goes...

That's all folks... 

Sayang! Magiginga matamlay na ang Philmusic forums! :mrgreen:
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
so it's similar to the Klon Centaur huh? more like an enhancement pedal.. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline alroyT

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:08:25 PM »
I decided to post this quick review because I am about to be banned.  So here goes...

Im sorry sir for the OT reply, I just can't help it...bwahahaha!  :-D
hahahaah ika nga sa mga sabungero tinamaan na yung manok sa kili-kili kumikikig parin hahaha

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »
Pretty much Bos Ian.

Both are made for real guitarists.

so it's similar to the Klon Centaur huh? more like an enhancement pedal.. :)
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 12:13:37 PM »
Ewan ko. Maybe someone on harmony central or something. Tapos copy-paste mwahahahaha

Teka Bos Ian...me Power Driver ka di ba ? We were supposed to clone it ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »
Poundcake,

Yes. From my point of view, it is an enhancement pedal.   Similar to Klon? Not really as I remember it.  Wala itong mid-hump.  

I am waiting for an opportunity to stack it with the Pro Analog Dual Drive which is still in the U.S.

Offline sbalbaguio2006

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
wag nyo ganyanin idol ko
2008 EBMM JP6 | 2005 Jackson RR5 | 2001 Ibanez JEM7VWH | 1994 Fender 57 RI Strat

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »
OT: malayo ba talaga ang difference ng klon and rc booster?
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
Leech,

Mahirap magCOMPARE kasi wala na ang KLON.  The RC Booster for me is more transparent without the mid of the Klon.  Generally for me, most of the good boost pedals may approximate each other in general function.  However their subtle differences are usually discovered at the point where the amps are overdriving which really becomes a mix and match game. 

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
Poundcake,

Yes. From my point of view, it is an enhancement pedal.   Similar to Klon? Not really as I remember it.  Wala itong mid-hump.  

I am waiting for an opportunity to stack it with the Pro Analog Dual Drive which is still in the U.S.

i see.. so it's more transparent than the Klon in terms of coloration of the mid frequencies. my bad :) it should be more like an AC Booster then. very transparent din yung AC Booster but it can also act as a standalone drive pedal. i'd love to test that pedal. sana mag-complement sa main drive pedal ko now (Bixonic Expandora). A/B na to!

Ewan ko. Maybe someone on harmony central or something. Tapos copy-paste mwahahahaha

Teka Bos Ian...me Power Driver ka di ba ? We were supposed to clone it ?

pareng Jobet, HBE Power Screamer yung sa akin. basically, it's a hyper-modded vintage Tube Screamer with a lot of extra functions (sag/compressed mode, fat boost, footswitched 10dB transparent boost). pwede natin ituloy yung cloning plans hehe saglit ako minsan sa lab mo. gusto ko mag-expriment din using other op-amps e.. JRC4558D lang yung nakasalpak kasi ngayon. ayos siguro lagyan ng mas linearly responsive na op-amp :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »
Poundcake and Leech,

Just a clarification on transparency, its not necessarily desirable for all set-ups.  The Klon is suppose to work great with Fender amps that sound really hollow.   

So,mix and match ulit.