hulika

Author Topic: Why Nu-Metal Sucks  (Read 10918 times)

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 11:02:11 AM »
these guitarists have 7-string guitars but they only use two strings...and for those who think this is a close-minded thread, we discuss here why NU-Metal is dying off it's not about respecting other people's likes or anything like that.........."the trend is over".

Offline idespisehumanity

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 12:57:17 PM »
Quote from: fretburner

>>> people who grab the 6-string and CANNOT TUNE IT DOESN'T DESERVE RESPECT!

they donnot deserve to pick up the instrument! they're a shame to the most expressive instrument that mankind came to know!

most nu metal "guitarists" cannot tune their guitars and doesn't even know that they're out of tune! one!

ahahaha, so funny.. and f_ckin' true at the same time
"Yeah, I play guitar and some bass"- Me
"Really? I love a guy with FAST fingers"- one of my chick friends

Offline rv2underground

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2005, 11:23:15 AM »
...what also is missing in metal these days are guitar solos. thank god bands like shadows fall and children of bodom are bringing it back. we all know black label sociey has always had solos thanks to the frontman, IMO premiere guitarist of our time zakk f u ckn wylde...

^ the kid above me who has alexi laiho's picture just reminded me of my jealousy of his talent. alexi is, correct me if i'm wrong, only 19!

Offline idespisehumanity

Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 02:20:37 AM »
wildchild is 26.. born in april 8th 1979, in espoo, finland, but he was 19 when they released their first album (i think). hes actually the first guy who motivated me to pick up my axe (besides zakk wylde, dimebag darrell, and kerry king) and learn how to play when i first heard their whole album "Something Wild" in '97.

and yes, guitar solos IS missing in metal these days... sad, really. the nu-metal kids are just standing there playing the same 5th and 6th string together in one fret and just sliding up and down, again and again with the same two strings... a f-cking monkey can do that!

"Yeah, I play guitar and some bass"- Me
"Really? I love a guy with FAST fingers"- one of my chick friends

Offline the_rejects02

• Netizen Level
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 05:24:54 AM »
hahahaha idespisehumanity, if that game is real, id buy that and make the crappiest nu-metal band ever.

but seriously, SOME nu-metal bands isnt all that bad, frankly i think some of them can really kick ass (just the bands who knows what a guitar solo is). so none of this close-minded [gooey brown stuff], its all about the taste.

thats right, i said it.. screw this close-minded [gooey brown stuff] posts, its all about the fugging taste!

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005, 10:56:20 AM »
wildchild is 26.. born in april 8th 1979, in espoo, finland, but he was 19 when they released their first album (i think). hes actually the first guy who motivated me to pick up my axe (besides zakk wylde, dimebag darrell, and kerry king) and learn how to play when i first heard their whole album "Something Wild" in '97.

>>> reminds me of Marty Friedman, at 18, grabbing buddy Jason Becker, 16, to form Cacophony. :) Marty Friedman of course is already a very well-known shredder at that time.

but seriously, SOME nu-metal bands isnt all that bad, frankly i think some of them can really kick ass (just the bands who knows what a guitar solo is).

>>> if Godsmack is classified as a nu-metal band, then they ain't bad. Maybe even Disturbed.

so none of this close-minded [gooey brown stuff], its all about the taste.

thats right, i said it.. screw this close-minded [gooey brown stuff] posts, its all about the fugging taste!

>>> dude, there's a reason why the thread title says what it says. so if you're a fan of nu-metal, screamo, rapcore and all that stuff, then deal with it.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline the_rejects02

• Netizen Level
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 09:10:26 PM »
Quote from: fretburner

>>> dude, there's a reason why the thread title says what it says. so if you're a fan of nu-metal, screamo, rapcore and all that stuff, then deal with it.

im not a fan of any of those genres that you listed, i just said that "some" nu-metal bands are okay like unearth, throwdown, killswitch engage, that stuff.. cuz some of them i saw in ozzfest and they can really throw a live show that is worth paying for. since you cant mosh to most of the old real metal stuff anyway (black sabbath, judas priest, etc.)

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
Why Nu-Metal Sucks
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005, 11:26:45 PM »
i have a cd of killswitch engage... i think they're okay... too bad those guitarists don't do solos... berklee pa man din yung mga yun...
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."