hulika

Author Topic: MIXED DIMM  (Read 1275 times)

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
MIXED DIMM
« on: October 27, 2009, 03:23:27 PM »
my other PC ( not inside my studio ) has VIA KT600 8237 mobo. DDR1 ang memory modules. i mixed up 512MB(pc3200), 256 and 128 na pc2100.

Bakit di nya ma-recognize yung 512 as 512?... lumalabas is 256... so i only get 640mb...

ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline bgomez

Re: MIXED DIMM
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »
One of the memory modules might be defective. try swapping the positions of the modules and see if this fixes the problem.

I had the same problem with my linux box a couple of years back, I just did what i said above and the sticks were recognized correctly.

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 03:05:08 AM »
One of the memory modules might be defective. try swapping the positions of the modules and see if this fixes the problem.

I had the same problem with my linux box a couple of years back, I just did what i said above and the sticks were recognized correctly.
Tnx. Some also said, i have to FLASH the mobo... haha! CP may pang flash ako, PC ( mobo ) di ko alam hekhek.... baka masira pa,...
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline bgomez

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »
Tnx. Some also said, i have to FLASH the mobo... haha! CP may pang flash ako, PC ( mobo ) di ko alam hekhek.... baka masira pa,...

hmm... I don't think that's needed though. If you flashed you MoBo incorrectly you might mess up your MoBo.

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
Yung 512MB mo ba na memory double-sided or single-sided lang? Pag single-sided lang try to search for a BIOS update for you mobo. Some mobo's especially yung mejo luma na doesn't accept 512MB's na single sided.