hulika

Author Topic: Aerosmith announces summer tour  (Read 744 times)

Offline RonnieA

Aerosmith announces summer tour
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
(sana dumaan dito)
heheheh 

Aerosmith fans gear up - the group announced on Wednesday (March 28) that they will put out a new album this summer and follow that up with a U.S. tour.

The "Global Warming Tour" will kick off on June 16 in Minneapolis and is slated to run through August 08.

"You're going to get to hear some new songs from the new album. You're going to get to hear some old songs from the old albums. You're going to get to see new us and old us. We're going to rock your world," said lead vocalist Steven Tyler.

The group's new album - its 15th studio album and first in eight years - will only add to the their extensive roster of songs to choose from, but guitarist Joe Perry said they will be very careful about how they mix old and new for the tour.

"We really care what the fans want to hear. Plus we want to play songs that excite us and think are going to excite the fans. We definitely take that part of it seriously. It's an art in itself putting the set list together."

Tyler has had some issues performing live in the past - falling of the stage at a show in South America for example - but he joked that all the necessary precautions are in place to protect him during this summer's run.

"Yes, I'm actually in a sling all night to hold me up. A broom stick up my back. It's ludicrous. How many times have we performed live? Almost 5,000 times now. I've fallen off the stage four times, so it's all right," said Tyler.

Aerosmith has been churning out hits since the 1970s and is listed by Billboard as the best selling American rock band of all time.

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Aerosmith announces summer tour
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »
astig ka-miss ang toxic twins! may bago kayang lp si joe perry?