hulika

Author Topic: Guitar related thesis(HELP!)  (Read 13243 times)

Offline kalel_23

Guitar related thesis(HELP!)
« on: September 29, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »
hi forumites!..i need help with my thesis..it's about a guitar complex..and i need research on related literature about the history of guitar...i found so many articles about the history of guitar...but the problem is i need the history of guitars in the philippines...it could be acoustic or electric..

i dunow if somebody else wrote the same topic here..but i'm hoping some of you guys could help me..you may send me a link of an article about it or email me stuff..thanks so much for your help...

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Guitar related thesis(HELP!)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
hi forumites!..i need help with my thesis..it's about a guitar complex..and i need research on related literature about the history of guitar...i found so many articles about the history of guitar...but the problem is i need the history of guitars in the philippines...it could be acoustic or electric..

i dunow if somebody else wrote the same topic here..but i'm hoping some of you guys could help me..you may send me a link of an article about it or email me stuff..thanks so much for your help...

hmmm... i hope you don't mind my asking..but are you an architecture stundent?? curious lang..hehe. and about articles on guitar history...search for an article here at philmusic (at the main page) something about the original lumanog guitars and it's supposed successor brand called "maharlika" guitars.. i forgot it's exact location, but i am pretty sure it's just somewhere around philmusic. hope this helps. :-D

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 02:14:16 AM »
History of guitars in the philippines..  Hmm?

Maybe "kudyapi" or "kutiyapi" is what you are looking for..

Here:

KUDYAPI [read more]

KUTIYAPI @ wikipedia [read more]

Kudyapi of Mindanao [read more]

Ang Himig At Indak Sa Mindanao [read more]

Photos:

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:25:38 AM »
just an advice, and also a question to others, wasn't the spaniards brought the guitar to the country? i mean yung classical guitar.  :-D

pero alam ko mayron na rin tayong mga ethnic asian instruments na related sa guitar. i hope na mabasa ng someone na nag-study ng music/music history ang thread mo, they would definitely know something.

come to think of it, all of our colonizers are the best guitar makers in the world.  :lol:
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:22:22 PM »
just an advice, and also a question to others, wasn't the spaniards brought the guitar to the country? i mean yung classical guitar.  :-D

pero alam ko mayron na rin tayong mga ethnic asian instruments na related sa guitar. i hope na mabasa ng someone na nag-study ng music/music history ang thread mo, they would definitely know something.

come to think of it, all of our colonizers are the best guitar makers in the world.  :lol:
hahaha, oo nga noh, SPAIN.US,JAP..

Offline Andro0721

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »

Yes, the Spaniards did bring the guitar and other modern stringed instruments to us. The Americans ushered in the rock and roll age and the Japanese.... Well, they were a bit obsessed with the war that time. Hoshino Gakki was ion the verge of creating Ibanez though.

It would be cool if you would chronicle the rise of the guitar here in the Philippines. From the ethnic instruments, to the Spanish guitar, to the Fender era, to the Lumanog and Maharlika guitars. That would be cool.

Oh, and we can create our own guitars, even better than the rest. check out guitar911.com. Hehehe. Mag-plug ba?  :mrgreen:
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:54 PM »
History of guitars in the philippines..  Hmm?

Maybe "kudyapi" or "kutiyapi" is what you are looking for..

Here:

KUDYAPI [read more]

KUTIYAPI @ wikipedia [read more]

Kudyapi of Mindanao [read more]

Ang Himig At Indak Sa Mindanao [read more]

Photos:

Ito yung mga SINAUNANG HEAVY METAL! hehehehe...

On-Topic : If you're gonna do a thesis about this. Better you also study the scales. knowing how he scales work and how the famous players uses the scales in their music will broaden your study.
For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline Kclan

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
meron na kayang electric kudyapi. ?  :-D :roll:

:mrgreen:

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »
Naka WAH WAH pa! hehehhe
For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline kalel_23

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »
hmmm... i hope you don't mind my asking..but are you an architecture stundent?? curious lang..hehe. and about articles on guitar history...search for an article here at philmusic (at the main page) something about the original lumanog guitars and it's supposed successor brand called "maharlika" guitars.. i forgot it's exact location, but i am pretty sure it's just somewhere around philmusic. hope this helps. :-D

yes sir archi student ako...i'm workin on a thesis about a guitar complex..it's a place for everything about the guitar(Factory, School, museum, studio, and performing arts venue)..lahat na!..hirap kc magisip ng thesis na not related sa gitara kasi gitara lng alam ko!hahaha!

Offline kalel_23

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »
sir emil..maraming salamat sa links!..laking tulong yun sobra!..

sir andro0721..that's where i got the idea of coming up with the guitar complex thesis...making Filipino made guitars na better pa sa mga recognized guitarmakers(U.S.,japan,china,korea)...i'm a big fan of Filipino Luthiers(kuya arie,mang max, Elegee,G911,etc.)..

ganda din kasi if may school for playing the guitar and a school for guitarmaking and repair..(haha..parang kokompitensyahin kopa mga luthier)..pero ang intention ko is to make an organization for all(luthiers,guitarplayers and students)..yun ang objective ng thesis ko sana..hehe

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 06:00:41 PM »
HAHAHA!

ako din i thought about using my passion in music as a thesis; i wanted a real, physical manifestation of certain musical communities; a mixed-use development. and everything will be based on the "Guitar".

after a night's thinking, i scrapped it. HAHA! using the concept of the "Guitar" is too simple somewhat.

if you change your mind about your thesis, you could look into Sound Architecture (not Acoustics Architecture, tho it's a part). a new-ish firm in the states specializes in that. their main concept is recording a sound in the site, and using the recording's sound waves as their main building mass. :)

what archi school do you go to?

Offline masarapangtaho

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 06:26:30 PM »
^ i think what badong suggested is a better topic. or something you could try and incorporate in your thesis.

OT: so kamusta yung FHMVille mo badong? :lol:

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »
HAHAHA!

ako din i thought about using my passion in music as a thesis; i wanted a real, physical manifestation of certain musical communities; a mixed-use development. and everything will be based on the "Guitar".

after a night's thinking, i scrapped it. HAHA! using the concept of the "Guitar" is too simple somewhat.

if you change your mind about your thesis, you could look into Sound Architecture (not Acoustics Architecture, tho it's a part). a new-ish firm in the states specializes in that. their main concept is recording a sound in the site, and using the recording's sound waves as their main building mass. :)

taga-ust yan si kalel_23 (kumusta na? haha kung naalala mo pa ako  :-)).

sa kanya ko dati binili G2.1u ko. haha sorry OT  :-D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:34:25 PM by rennell »

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »
^ i think what badong suggested is a better topic. or something you could try and incorporate in your thesis.

OT: so kamusta yung FHMVille mo badong? :lol:

scrapped na din, mehn. i'm doing Playboy now. :)

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 08:23:11 PM »
sir emil..maraming salamat sa links!..laking tulong yun sobra!..

sir andro0721..that's where i got the idea of coming up with the guitar complex thesis...making Filipino made guitars na better pa sa mga recognized guitarmakers(U.S.,japan,china,korea)...i'm a big fan of Filipino Luthiers(kuya arie,mang max, Elegee,G911,etc.)..

ganda din kasi if may school for playing the guitar and a school for guitarmaking and repair..(haha..parang kokompitensyahin kopa mga luthier)..pero ang intention ko is to make an organization for all(luthiers,guitarplayers and students)..yun ang objective ng thesis ko sana..hehe

Haha.. sumobra yata sa history ko ah..  :lol:  :lol:
Maybe i should looked at your query as "History of modern guitar in the Philippines" or "The influence of contemporary Philippine Luthier"..  But then sorry about that, a little ice breaker na rin to entice others to interact..

Pero it's nice kasi we already have our stringed instrument before the spaniards..  Which leaves to a conclusion that we are very close to music ever since..

Offline Kclan

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »
how about you research about "Rondalya" - guitar ensemble. di ba pede? yung tungkol sa mga kundiman, etc. using acoustic guitar, banduria, octavina.  :wink:
actually, inabutan ko pa nung elementary ako non, hehe. :-D :-D :-D

:mrgreen:

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »
yes sir archi student ako...i'm workin on a thesis about a guitar complex..it's a place for everything about the guitar(Factory, School, museum, studio, and performing arts venue)..lahat na!..hirap kc magisip ng thesis na not related sa gitara kasi gitara lng alam ko!hahaha!
OT lang po,hahaha, ganun ba?? san school mo bro?? im an archi student myself.

Offline kalel_23

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 01:12:31 AM »
OT lang po,hahaha, ganun ba?? san school mo bro?? im an archi student myself.

UST po ako ser..

Offline kalel_23

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 01:15:02 AM »
HAHAHA!

interesting toh ser ah..sige iincorporate ko din toh sa concept..salamats!

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 01:39:31 AM »
UST po ako ser..

ayos same here, 4th year po ako. :-D

Offline glenntotz_27

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 04:31:20 AM »
UST po ako ser..

hmmmm nagtthesis ka ngaun? ayan si badong o, nagtthesis ngaun sa Ust archi :)

hmm guitar.. ginamit ko yan sa hotel pero ndi ko tinuloy haha!

pre year mo na? section? cnu ka? haha :D
ngeh.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 09:40:43 AM »
dami na palang UST arki dito. haha

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »
sa tingin unang gitara na nagdala dito is yung mga kastila. ibabase ko lang sa mga composers ng mga gitara usually spaniards like francisco tarrega and villalobos.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 01:18:51 PM »
hmmmm nagtthesis ka ngaun? ayan si badong o, nagtthesis ngaun sa Ust archi :)

hmm guitar.. ginamit ko yan sa hotel pero ndi ko tinuloy haha!

pre year mo na? section? cnu ka? haha :D
hahahaha, glen parang nagimbistiga ah! hahaha :-D