hulika

Author Topic: Live recording of gigs  (Read 640 times)

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Live recording of gigs
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:48 PM »
It's surprising that these guys did a good job of recording a live gig in a park with seemingly so little to work on.

Can't say much with what I see on TV here, made with full dedicated studios and expensive equipment and lots of people, much less on live outdoor gigs that have been televised.

Imagine how many awesome live gigs aren't seen by many because they're not taken on video? 6UG (Ortigas reincarnation) had this (they probably have an entire library of it), but their mix isn't too good to listen to; and if ever some are, they're not really anywhere to be publicly viewed.

Live performances are really what the public does not have immediate access to, but we have so much good stuff of (lalo na yung jazz gigs... oh my god... some solos/exchanges can be stuff of legends). With how the Internet is making videos very accessible (Youtube+Facebook lang pwede na), I'm wishing that recording live performances can be part of any promoter's strategy in pushing their artists. I'm talking about decent recording, not just that taken from a camcorder or a phone.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:32:16 PM by inigo »
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html