hulika

Author Topic: ***Debut Album => need help ****  (Read 2674 times)

Offline rakstahtik

• Netizen Level
***Debut Album => need help ****
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:06:27 AM »
Good day to everyone.. hope you can help us out  on how to produce our very first album. Mga bro & sis, sna may mag input..

Ok na ung mga songs, i-rerecord na lng. question is saan? Next is pano kame makakakuha ng magandang deal from recording companies (VIVA, EMI, Alpha, Vicor, etc...)? How do we deal w/them? Lalo na't wla talaga kming support maliban sa sarili namen.. Usual na nababasa ko ngaun, artist sagot ng record then ung mga recording company bhala sa production at distro, pero sobrang labo talaga. Hope someone can explain to me the process.. thanks, thanks, thanks. :)

Offline free

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:24:15 AM »
you don't have to join the majors. most up and coming artists produce and distribute their own albums nowadays. recording? even artists like sponge cola and sandwich record the guitar parts of their songs at home and just take it to the studios for the drum recording and mixing. if, like you said, the only support that you have atm would be yourselves, how do you expect to be noticed by the majors? try making a name for yourselves by putting on a great show every night. get the crowd involved for they are the ones who would make or break it for you and your band. also, sell copies of your album during gigs and even online (www.indiecultureonline.com). good luck with all that :)
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 09:05:41 AM »
that's true. a lot of bands go indie and then shop for a label for distribution.  i think imago did it that way, even kitchie and rocksteddy (correct me if i'm wrong).

i own soundkitchen recording studio. you can call me about your studio needs.  i can draw up a budget plan for you and your band, and the best way to maximize quality and minimize studio time :)

http://geocities.com/soundkitchen_ph
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline rakstahtik

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 01:22:20 AM »
Thanks sa info..BTW, Free, taga indiecultureonline kb? Sounds familiar kc. Sounds like Ian Zafra..

For Soundkitchen, we'll contact you asap. Thanks sa offer, we really appreciate it. Good thing, malapit kme sa inyo. Sa Novaliches din kame bandang Holy Cross. ty, ty, ty..

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »
you are most welcome :) you can contact me thru my landline, thru sms, or thru my website's contact page (which gets routed to my mobile automatically).  thanks!
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline free

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 11:08:10 AM »
i sound like Ian Zafra? lol. well, no i ain't Ian Zafra and unfortunately, i'm not from indiecultureonline (though if Ian Zafra or anyone from indiecultureonline would like me to write articles for them, heck, i'd be more than happy to do it! lol). im not even in the country. im just an avid OPM fan who enjoys discussing everything music. i could be a "tad" opinionated though haha. good luck with your album :)
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline crimson

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 01:07:47 PM »
Quote from: free
you don't have to join the majors. most up and coming artists produce and distribute their own albums nowadays. recording? even artists like sponge cola and sandwich record the guitar parts of their songs at home and just take it to the studios for the drum recording and mixing. if, like you said, the only support that you have atm would be yourselves, how do you expect to be noticed by the majors? try making a name for yourselves by putting on a great show every night. get the crowd involved for they are the ones who would make or break it for you and your band. also, sell copies of your album during gigs and even online (www.indiecultureonline.com). good luck with all that :)

yeah that's right, i hope the band already have enough experience doing gigs in the local club scene. mas maganda di ba pag nagrelease ka ng album kilala na yung band nyo na tumutugtog sa mga clubs kesa na bigla nalang kayo susulpot na parang bula.

A lot of bands are self producing their album. Hatihati sila sa production cost. If you don't have enough financial resources, eto yung usual route: record a demo and pass it around during one of your gigs or make it available through your website to help promote your band. From there mapapansin kayo ng mga gig organizers, they will invite you to their gigs. Hanggang makasabay nyo na mga well known bands. At that point magkakaron kayo ng good idea if you have what it takes to be signed by major labels. This is only one of the many ways to do it, other bands have been lucky enough to just burst into the scene with their own cd.

Offline rakstahtik

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 02:21:49 AM »
Quote from: free
i sound like Ian Zafra? lol. well, no i ain't Ian Zafra and unfortunately, i'm not from indiecultureonline (though if Ian Zafra or anyone from indiecultureonline would like me to write articles for them, heck, i'd be more than happy to do it! lol). im not even in the country. im just an avid OPM fan who enjoys discussing everything music. i could be a "tad" opinionated though haha. good luck with your album :)

cool. don't worry bout ur opinion. it helps bro. thanks for the feedbacks.. good thing ur still supporting the local scene here. thanks.