hulika

Author Topic: New set of photos critics are welcome please have a look =)  (Read 1751 times)

Offline palmmuteboi

New set of photos critics are welcome please have a look =)
« on: April 13, 2009, 05:35:58 PM »
Gears Used :

Camera : Canon EOS Kiss and EOS 500N
Film : Kodak colorplus 200 and YKL 100
Lens : Canon EF 100-200mm 4-5.6 and Sigma Super Wide II 24mm 1.8

Monkey:

Ilaw:

More photos to come, since Im having a hard time uploading photos, yung mga susunod na mga batch puro portraits and some landscapes thanks! Critics please
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:37:42 PM by palmmuteboi »
Like us : facebook.com/Guitarispa
Subscribe : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuCgSf6rTrXcF7Z5eORMVYA

Offline P Nut

Re: New set of photos critics are welcome please have a look =)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:31:45 PM »
Overall, gusto ko yung composition ng mga photos. Well done! :)

Composition sa monkey is very nice. May foreground, subject, background. Tapos may depth of field din... I would suggest a shallower DOF though para mas kita yung bokeh tsaka para mas litaw yung ulo nya. I like it nevertheless. :)

Offline thinkfloyd

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:35:45 AM »
Ok naman. Yung monkey shot, for me, you could have stopped down a little more to get more of the background. So the viewer would have a sense of the monkey's surroundings. Bokeh is great to have, but considering yung background, the little bokeh that is there, is distracting. And your lens isn't the fastest nor shallowest, so better use it for what it is capable of doing. Besides, with the short distance ng background and subject, even if you use a 50/1.0 noctilux or a canon 50/0.95, bokeh would look terrible IMO. Unless you shoot the monkey from a lower angle so the background would be a little further. The shot would have been better if you shot it at f8 or f11. The foreground too, the green thing (leaf?grass?) distracts the eye from the subject itself. kung wala yung green, mas ok. Pero since you were using a telephoto here, I guess you wouldn't have had much room to maneuver the shot... so it's all good :)

Yung streetlight, may flaring, which would have been expected shooting straight at a light source pero ok naman. Pero, in all honesty, the composition is a bit too cliche... parang lagi ko nakikita ganyang klaseng shot. (I know kasi madami din akong ganyang shots sa archives ko! haha)

The monkey shot, again, works for me... sorry to nitpick kanina.But I like how sharp you got his face to be...

Again, this is all IMHO... whatever works for you, may not work for me, and vice versa... in the end, you create art to please and express yourself...

Offline palmmuteboi

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »
Ok naman. Yung monkey shot, for me, you could have stopped down a little more to get more of the background. So the viewer would have a sense of the monkey's surroundings. Bokeh is great to have, but considering yung background, the little bokeh that is there, is distracting. And your lens isn't the fastest nor shallowest, so better use it for what it is capable of doing. Besides, with the short distance ng background and subject, even if you use a 50/1.0 noctilux or a canon 50/0.95, bokeh would look terrible IMO. Unless you shoot the monkey from a lower angle so the background would be a little further. The shot would have been better if you shot it at f8 or f11. The foreground too, the green thing (leaf?grass?) distracts the eye from the subject itself. kung wala yung green, mas ok. Pero since you were using a telephoto here, I guess you wouldn't have had much room to maneuver the shot... so it's all good :)

Yung streetlight, may flaring, which would have been expected shooting straight at a light source pero ok naman. Pero, in all honesty, the composition is a bit too cliche... parang lagi ko nakikita ganyang klaseng shot. (I know kasi madami din akong ganyang shots sa archives ko! haha)

The monkey shot, again, works for me... sorry to nitpick kanina.But I like how sharp you got his face to be...

Again, this is all IMHO... whatever works for you, may not work for me, and vice versa... in the end, you create art to please and express yourself...

Opinion noted sir.

By the way i think my aperture here was 5.6 the speed i cant remember maybe if my memory serves me right i think 156 siya eh. anyways meron po ba kayu sir sample shot using f8 or f11 na similar sa composition ko? I would like to see it, of meron po sir kindly post it here pasilip hehe, sama miyo narin yung seetings and geas used if pwede po salamat again sa opinion niyo sir =) and regarding the light yeah daming ganyan na kuha na nga kaso ang hirap i resist ng lights pag gabi hehehe nakaka attract talaga hehehe.

thanks again sir and to sir Pnut thanks!
Like us : facebook.com/Guitarispa
Subscribe : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuCgSf6rTrXcF7Z5eORMVYA

Offline thinkfloyd

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »
i rarely use f8 o f11 pag portraits eh... either 1.4 (pag prime) o 2.8 (pag zooms ko)... usually, f8 at f11 ko pang landscape... kaya ko sinuggest na f8 o f11 shot mo, kasi ang dating hindi portrait shot. kumbaga mala street photography kasi sinama mo background eh... gets? hehe di ko lam kung klaro pag type ko haha... pero hanap ako f11 o f8 street ko na similar...

yung street light, yeah, i know what you mean kasi ako nga din, daming ganyang klaseng shots hehe