hulika

Author Topic: Chris Daughtry's self-titled album ROCKS!!!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chris Daughtry's self-titled album ROCKS!!!
« on: February 03, 2007, 11:14:26 PM »
American Idol 5 finalist Chris daughtry's got a new album. I wish sana sya nlng nanalo nung A.I. 5. Ayos,it just goes to show na even if you're not the winner it doesn't mean that's it for you. Peace

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: Chris Daughtry's self-titled album ROCKS!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »
if Chris Daughtry won in American Idol 5, then he wouldn't have such a great album. they might have marketed him as a Rob Thomas/Jason Mraz type of artist, which is not a good thing considering that he was expected to be this true blue rocker vocalist. his album turned out great because he had more creative freedom while recording his album. the track with Slash as guest guitarist rocks!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline chubbygorgeous

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »
I agree with everyone. If Chris did win, his style could crossover to pop-rock, and we all know that he is not all about pop-rock. My faves in this album would be "What I Want" (the track with Slash in it), "Breakdown", and "It's not Over".

I read somewhere that the recording was kinda cheap? Ugh!
“If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.” - Plath

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
galing ng pipes ni Chris Daughtry.. he can really work the mic and blow them all away!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 08:38:30 AM »
I think his voice is a breath of fresh from the emo,screamo..ek-ek...i miss those days na malalaki and malalamim yung boses ng mga vox and pure rock and roll hindi "pogi rock" sabi nga ni dong abay... :-D

Offline katscheru

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:05:25 PM »
tama tama!!!
nalungkot din ako nung natalo sya..
pero un na lang din ang naisip ko!!
go chris!!
krus yan ng MAMA ko!!
hehe
will never hold back....

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
if Chris Daughtry won in American Idol 5, then he wouldn't have such a great album.
i think it would have been the same, either way. he's under the same restrictive contract as taylor hicks. we'll have to wait for a few more years before his current contract expires and he sets himself totally loose.

Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 07:28:12 PM »
oo nga pala any news about taylor hicks? he's a cool dude,true underdog story. masaya nadin ako nung sya nanalo :-D

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 09:02:24 AM »
he's got his own album out. nice songs, too.

last time i heard, daughtry has sold a bit more albums than him, though.

but you can bet all the guys in the top 12 (especially the top 6) have themselves pretty occupied.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
galing ng boses nito, rak na rak!
Click Here

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 02:31:51 AM »
Astig talaga ang bosses ni chris. This Guy Rocks the planet earth and mars. :) Ganda ng mga songs niya. Idol. Ganda rin ng arrangements, mix, lyrics and even the dirt and clean tone ng guitar, IDOL! My fav song from his band are: Its Not Over, Used To, Home, All These Lives and What About Now. :)
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline Chichikat

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 07:09:08 PM »
Watch channel v to win an epiphone les paul guitar designed exclusively by Daughtry.....

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist."

Offline Chichikat

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 07:13:51 PM »
By the way its Daughtry as in the BAND.. Parang Bamboo, ginamit nya ung last name naman nya pra sa banda nya...Pero di ba gusto rin sya nun kunin na kapalit ng lead vox ng Live..Masyado sila na impress sa kanya...

Their self-titled album was good but nothing out of the ordinary...From the same producers of My Chemical Romance yun..But his voice is still impressive...
"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist."

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »
i bought (actually nag-download ako  :-D ) their album and it was nice.. lagi ko pinapatugtog..
pero i didn't like the fact that he used his surname as the name of the band, hmmm but come to think of it he won american idol nman so cguro okay lng un..