hulika

Author Topic: Clapton in Singapore and Hong Kong  (Read 5873 times)

Offline Allan Roy

Clapton in Singapore and Hong Kong
« on: September 24, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »
Hey Guys...anyone of you want to watch Clapton either in HK or Singapore ? This will be held jan 13, 2007 in Singapore and HK Jan 17.

Maybe if some of you want to go, we can book together either in HK and Singapore. Just give me an idea if you are interested. Thanks

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 02:06:08 PM »
by the way, please see the touring band of clapton when he goes to singapore and Hong Kong :

Eric Clapton (guitar / vocals), Doyle Bramhall II (guitar), Derek Trucks (guitar), Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Jordan (drums), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim Carmon (keyboards), Michelle John (backing vocals), Sharon White (backing vocals)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 05:06:15 PM »
I was gonna say im not going but D.Trucks is making me consider the $HK888 ticket :shock:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline RonnieA

where in singapore.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:16:09 AM »
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to find out where in Singapore are they playing?

RonnieA

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 07:57:35 AM »
Eric Clapton will perform in the Indoor Stadium in Singapore

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
Re: Clapton in Singapore and Hong Kong
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »
I'm not sure yet... Me and my band might be in Singapore this January, in time for that concert.  I'll let you know if we'll be able to make it there.

No disrespect to Steve Jordan, who is an exceptionally great drummer; but how I wish it would be the legendary Steve Gadd on the drummer's seat for Clapton, if ever I'll be able to watch.  Seeing and hearing the great Gadd, in person, playing drums live, would be a dream come true for me.

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »
anybody who watched this show? feedback naman....

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »
Got a a ticket for the HK show this Weds. gift sa akin sa b-day. hehehe. Sayang wala ata si Jerry Portnoy...........

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »
will also be  in Hong Kong to watch the show.... my friend confirmed that derek Trucks is part of the Far East Tour Line Uo......hope to see you there............

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:45:17 AM »
What is your seat number?

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 11:47:53 AM »
hi we are seated in Blk C, Row P, Seats 11 to 20. We will all be wearing the Juan Dela Cruz Shirts in the concert......see you tonight....Rock and Roll......

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 12:44:30 PM »
I'm not sure which block I will be(na sa bahay ang ticket) but i remember it is Row L seats 40-41 and my friends at seat 20-21. Hanapin ko na lang kayo mamya. Rak en Rol sa Ulan.hehehe.(umuulan dito ngayon)

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »
Medyo malayu na siguro kami. Baka mag kita tayo bago mag simula. 

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »
WOW! I got to hear Derek Trucks playing with Eric Clapton live!  Thanks for 430nmtune for calling me from HK and patching in the house feed. ;-)

Ganda timing nung tawag mo. Solo ni DT!  Lagkit ng tone kahit over the phone. At ang mga linya, nakakakilabot!

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 02:23:40 AM »
hehehe. kararating ko lang. ang layu kasi ng venue. wala kaming nakita na naka 'juan de la cruz' shirt. malamig kasi kya baka nag jacket.
allan roy: hanggang kailan kayo dito?
galing talaga ni derek trucks. kahit anong pa-simple ang gawin nya lutang pa rin ang galing. happy ako na dami nya tinira na ' derek and the dominoes' era. sa crossroads na pa-pa air harp ako hehehe.
i will attempt to sleep now. today is a work day.

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 08:16:55 AM »
Hi  we are leaving this morning. Actually nasa airport na ako, We had coffee sa may Tokyo food. I saw some members of the Blue Rats....si Andy and Joey. Ang galing talaga ni Derek Trucks..... ang tindi ng palitan ng guitar licks,,,,,,,, ni clapton at derek.   powerful solos were traded by Eric and Derek Trucks, who really made that SG scream with his slidework plusthe powerful bass lines of Willie Weeks.  Ay oo nga pala nandoon  din si Doyle. Guitar Orgy talaga.  Grabe galing ni derek trucks,,ang linis....   Sa sit down set Eric played a Martin acoustic guitar alone in Driftin' Blues.  After that , the band came back in Outside Woman Blues. Derek Trucks played a Dobro guitar in acoustic set.  For me the highlight a of the show are the powerful  sounds  that were coming from Eric's Strat especially on lIttle Queen Of Spades.

I think and believe that Eric had the good old Derek & the Dominoes stint  in  his mind when he added the fantastic  amd talented Derek Trucks to complete  his band's lineup for his world  tour. a couple of my companions hoped that the more mainstream Clapton will show up at the HK show , but bad luck for them.For a blues fan, like me however, that  gig was just  fantastic

Set  Lists :

Tell the Truth
Key to Highway
GTGBLW
Little Wings
WDLGTBSS
motherless children
little queen of spade
Anyday
wonderful tonight
layla
dirty cocaine
crossroads

sitdown set

drictin blues
outside women blues
nobody knows you when you are down
ry\unnung on faith

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 09:46:39 AM by Allan Roy »

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »
Sayang di tayo nag kita. We hanged out for a while hoping to see some people wearing Juan de la Cruz shirts. I even ask a couple of Pinoys just incase they were with you. We wanted to at least have a few beers with you guys. So after a couple of beers and a lively debate about Derek's and Eric's greatness, we went to catch the express train back to our connections home.  We were probably seated a few rows away from you but at the side. Anyway the whole concert was an experience quiet uniquely HK style. Naka upo at dalawang tao lang ang sumasayaw. Until of course the encore....cocaine and layla..........the tune is still running 'round my brain.hehehe.

@deltaslim:
di nabu-o yung patch hehehe. contakin ko na lang si Gerry tungkol sa CDs.

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »
Hi 430nmtune :

We wore jackets at the time. Its cold sa venue. OO nga eh sayang at di tayo nagkita. Kaibigan mo pala si Delta slim.   I know him also.  Are you based in HK? Anyway hope to catch up with you soon.

Allan Roy

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 08:23:49 AM »
Tell the Truth
Key to Highway
GTGBLW
Little Wings
WDLGTBSS
motherless children
little queen of spade
Anyday
wonderful tonight
layla
dirty cocaine
crossroads

Inquiring minds would like to know... what the heck are

GTGBLW
and
WDLGTBSS ??
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 08:25:06 AM »
Acoustic set??? Drifting Blues and Outside Woman Blues???  Aaargggh!  Stop it guys, it hurts to listen to your stories.

Allan - Sabi ko kay Ricky (430nmntune) na next uwi nya mag-set tayo ng blues night sa Conspi.  He plays talaga and even teaches harp and guitar sa HK.   Let's all get together and jam.  Then you guys can give me your bootlegs of the concert.  ;-)

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 10:33:27 AM »

Inquiring minds would like to know... what the heck are

GTGBLW
and
WDLGTBSS ??
[/quote]

1. Got To Get Better In A Little While.
2. Why Does Love Get To Be So Sad?

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:56:32 AM »
Acoustic set??? Drifting Blues and Outside Woman Blues???  Aaargggh!  Stop it guys, it hurts to listen to your stories.

Allan - Sabi ko kay Ricky (430nmntune) na next uwi nya mag-set tayo ng blues night sa Conspi.  He plays talaga and even teaches harp and guitar sa HK.   Let's all get together and jam.  Then you guys can give me your bootlegs of the concert.  ;-)

@Deltaslim:
Correction bago lumala. hehehe. Hindi ako guitar teacher! Although I play a little my level is at most intermediate.  You may have misunderstood me about what i told you....I was teaching a girl how to strum(secretly hoping to go beyond) some 'religious songs' and a couple of B. Dylan songs. hehehe.  And a guitar teacher approached us and told me he was a guitar teacher. So we jammed. I did BASIC 12bar rythm and he did some good soloing. It was a bit weird to hear blues songs with a heavy chinese accent .  So no guitar......hehehe. I play Harp.hehehe. No Axe. Just Knife.

Mahirap ang bootleg dito sa HK venues. But if there is one I'll try to get it. There use to be a bootleg shop here but it closed or moved to another site. Marami silang hard to find bootlegs pero for some reason very rare ang from HK venues.

@Allan:
Yes , doing something else a bit detached from music. I'm just a blues enthusiast.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 11:32:43 AM by 430nmtune »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »
But bro, if your blues/music students are singkit HK locals, you ARE  a teacher!   :-D  Di naman yan gaya ng Singapore na may konting exposure na.

Hehe...

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 01:12:28 AM »
by the way, please see the touring band of clapton when he goes to singapore and Hong Kong :

Eric Clapton (guitar / vocals), Doyle Bramhall II (guitar), Derek Trucks (guitar), Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Jordan (drums), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim Carmon (keyboards), Michelle John (backing vocals), Sharon White (backing vocals)

whoa!  what happened to the old line-up?  Gadd, Fairweather Low, East, etc...
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 06:16:34 AM »
delta : sige if ricky visits manila lets have some beers and jamming at conspiracy. BTW, do you have already a blues night sked sa february? thanks