hulika

Author Topic: IMPLEMENT: Only VERIFIED forumers CAN POST in the CLASSIFIEDS.  (Read 12247 times)

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
IMPLEMENT: Only VERIFIED forumers CAN POST in the CLASSIFIEDS.
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
Why?

- To avoid scams. And to allow MODS to settle issues and/or facilitate claims.

How?

- To have POSTING privileges in the Classifieds, a member should verify his/her identity by submitting a copy of a valid ID plus a proof of billing (Passport/Drivers license + Meralco/CC bill/Phone bill) or 2 valid IDs.

- That member will also be required to submit his/her contact number, to be verified by MODS as well. After it has been modified, then and only then can it be POSTED on the AD for transaction purposes. It will the member's responsibility to report to the MODS a change in contact numbers. In lieu of this, members may be contacted via Personal Message (this will allow you to have a record of your transactions) while the number is being verified or if the member chooses not to post a contact number.

Logic?

- It is still the buyer's responsibility to protect oneself from scammers. This is just PM's way of protecting the community from people who do it.

- It maybe a pain to implement but it CAN be done. Otherwise, sulit.com is there for everyone's convenience I guess.

Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
  • Board Moderator
Re: IMPLEMENT: Only VERIFIED forumers CAN POST in the CLASSIFIEDS.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
This is actually a good idea.
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »
how about submitting a scanned/photographed copy of one's government ID (drivers license, passport, SSS, etc.)?

then forumers  who have done this will get a VERIFIED TRADER  under their names?

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »
dapat may mugshots din habang hawak yung IDs mas legit

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
mas ok kung ibahin mo yung thread title, para kasing inuutusan mo sila eh. mas ok makiusap, di naman natin binabayaran mga mods dito.

not to rain on your parade but just the logistics of these can be a nightmare, unless philmusic's gonna hire a paid staff to do all these (or you want to volunteer).

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:01:07 PM »
how about submitting a scanned/photographed copy of one's government ID (drivers license, passport, SSS, etc.)?

hindi bat parang yun na sinabi ko?

- To have POSTING privileges in the Classifieds, a member should verify his/her identity by submitting a copy of a valid ID plus a proof of billing (Passport/Drivers license + Meralco/CC bill/Phone bill) or 2 valid IDs.

then forumers  who have done this will get a VERIFIED TRADER  under their names?

nope. im not sure if there is a function that allows/disallows forumers from posting in the CLASSIFIEDS. once they are verified, they will gain POSTING privileges.

not to rain on your parade but just the logistics of these can be a nightmare, unless philmusic's gonna hire a paid staff to do all these (or you want to volunteer).

FYI, i am already part volunteer, as well as other people willing to make this place a little bit more pleasant.

mahirap kung mahirap PERO magtitiis yung gusto.

or cge, kanya-kanyang ingat nlng.

ktnxbye.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:18:33 AM »

I think ian/poundcake's already working on something like this. perhaps we could append this with his current draft. oh ian! :wave:

mas ok kung ibahin mo yung thread title, para kasing inuutusan mo sila eh. mas ok makiusap, di naman natin binabayaran mga mods dito.

Workable. I'll volunteer to be part of this. perhaps we should expand the classifieds watch team to do this alongside the mods. Just need guys who have the will and dedication to do so. yortots?

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »
Workable. I'll volunteer to be part of this. perhaps we should expand the classifieds watch team to do this alongside the mods. Just need guys who have the will and dedication to do so. yortots?

if traders/sellers like me can volunteer for that classifieds watch team, i'm definitely in (baka kase magka conflict of interest issue).

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
hindi bat parang yun na sinabi ko?

nope. im not sure if there is a function that allows/disallows forumers from posting in the CLASSIFIEDS. once they are verified, they will gain POSTING privileges.

FYI, i am already part volunteer, as well as other people willing to make this place a little bit more pleasant.

mahirap kung mahirap PERO magtitiis yung gusto.

or cge, kanya-kanyang ingat nlng.

ktnxbye.

hehe di ko nakita eh. sorry.

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »
This is actually a good idea.

Sana mapatupad ito  :)

Offline lowendspectrum

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »
agree

Offline sgt_chibog

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 12:43:08 AM »
This should be implemented immediately  :-D
IG|Twitter: @aaaagar

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 09:37:54 AM »
Also the member should have a specific number of useful posts to be a able to post in the Classifieds section, it's annoying to see new accounts where their first post is an ad on the Classifieds section. take note that these ads are also violating the rules for being incomplete. just my 2 cents.

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »
While I think this is a very good idea/suggestion I don't think it's feasible.

1.This is a forum without any subscription fees hence the Moderators get zilch for doing this very tedious and time consuming process.

2.You can't ask them to sacrifice their time processing paperworks when they have day jobs and personal lives to attend to.

3.You can't play the "volunteer" card since if people do volunteer they will be swamped with hours of work and with the waiting
   time of verification and actual assessment forumers WILL definitely complain.

4.These I.D.s contain sensitive personal information that can be used for fraud, identity theft and other crimes.

5.Not only is it time consuming but also will drain the resources of moderators/volunteers if they have to confirm contact numbers through SMS and phone calls.

Awareness and vigilance maybe too vague and played out but it's the only realistically feasible/practical way to avoid scams for now.

Offline lowendspectrum

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 11:50:22 PM »
1. How about, verification fee?

2.How about, verification fee?

3.How about, verification fee? kung sino una nagbayad una iprocess and then gumawa ng pagkakasunod sunod kung sino mauuna.

4.only the modS ang makaalam kung sino at skype apperance man lang kahit konti.

5.How about, verification fee?

ang point lang din kase .oo kakain tayo ng oras at panahon. pero in the end satin din ang benefits nito. long term goal ika nga.

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 12:48:39 AM »
1. How about, verification fee?

2.How about, verification fee?

3.How about, verification fee? kung sino una nagbayad una iprocess and then gumawa ng pagkakasunod sunod kung sino mauuna.

4.only the modS ang makaalam kung sino at skype apperance man lang kahit konti.

5.How about, verification fee?

ang point lang din kase .oo kakain tayo ng oras at panahon. pero in the end satin din ang benefits nito. long term goal ika nga.

Re: Verification Fee
So you're actually going to levy fees for classifieds privileges?
Who's going to collect, audit, do accounting for this "verification fee" you speak of? Who's gonna pay for the taxes for these fees.

So if all the information is stored on a single computer/database wouldn't it be more risky since it's all lumped into one space
and a single hack/leak would mean all of your personal information is available to the public. Just because you think the mods
are a good bunch of people doesn't mean that they are invulnerable to cyber attacks and hacking.

Again I'm not against the idea of being organized and secured but your line of thinking is very shallow and impractical.
It's easy for you to rally up behind the idea without thinking it through because it's not your personal time and resources
that will be spent in researching, planning, actual implementation, legal processes and all other things.

I'm not deaf to the thread starter's "point" but this is not currently viable/feasible and most of all practical as I have stated before.

Offline ragdefalcis

• GoRated.PH Master
  • Netizen Level
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »
Re: Verification Fee
So you're actually going to levy fees for classifieds privileges?
Who's going to collect, audit, do accounting for this "verification fee" you speak of? Who's gonna pay for the taxes for these fees.

So if all the information is stored on a single computer/database wouldn't it be more risky since it's all lumped into one space
and a single hack/leak would mean all of your personal information is available to the public. Just because you think the mods
are a good bunch of people doesn't mean that they are invulnerable to cyber attacks and hacking.

Again I'm not against the idea of being organized and secured but your line of thinking is very shallow and impractical.
It's easy for you to rally up behind the idea without thinking it through because it's not your personal time and resources
that will be spent in researching, planning, actual implementation, legal processes and all other things.

I'm not deaf to the thread starter's "point" but this is not currently viable/feasible and most of all practical as I have stated before.

Guys, no need to argue.. No need for a verification fee.

Look at this thread for the discussion: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=287569.new;topicseen#new

Get your own rating badge signature at GoRated.PH

Offline lowendspectrum

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »
no we are not arguing . :)

i saw many post of prince22  and i can say that he is intelligent ,its just my opinion lang po that we need to discuss :)

Offline horge

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »
There's no way I'm submitting my personal info, online, to someone I don't know,
with zero assurance that the information will be securely guarded, nor that it will
not be (ab)used for other purposes.

Kahit meron akong tiwala sa staff and volunteers, they may leave one day, and
be replaced by others unworthy of my trust.

I will continue to cheer on GC's efforts to a better Classifieds, but I'll also point to
how those efforts may hold consequences for GC members, far beyond what GC
may have intended.

Offline peabrain12789

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 07:11:18 PM »

4.These I.D.s contain sensitive personal information that can be used for fraud, identity theft and other crimes.

5.Not only is it time consuming but also will drain the resources of moderators/volunteers if they have to confirm contact numbers through SMS and phone calls.

Awareness and vigilance maybe too vague and played out but it's the only realistically feasible/practical way to avoid scams for now.

I've just read this article, gotta agree with prince, it can go legal if proper handling of SPI are not met... Very tedious job to handle, i believe time = $

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

REFERENCES,
prank_sinatra,
gitardy, ian1226, black_diamond, souljp21, bossingboss, BryanLP, colorless_crayola, Solidblur, karmah_lyme, Gholghol, electrosushi, pochbelmonte, kilo_pi, bhaachico, oloc, kalel23, plugzz, kalasagnibajula, and many more...