hulika

Author Topic: bakit kaya mga rakista galit sa emo??  (Read 58714 times)

Offline loudchild

Re: bakit kaya mga rakista galit sa emo??
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
Bakit nga ba may emo, rockers and posers etc? Those are all just labels. labels that are made to help fuel this capitalist society we live in. Marketing ploy lang naman lahat yan e kaya lalong dumdami yung mga posers. Capitalist controlled media dictates what's "cool", what it takes to be with the in crowd. Its all just [strawberry] business. whoever told you you can be whoever you want to be forgot to mention the fine print. You can be who we want you to be so better buy this and that and be "cool."Yung mga posers ang numero unong biktima nyan.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »
Bakit nga ba may emo, rockers and posers etc? Those are all just labels. labels that are made to help fuel this capitalist society we live in. Marketing ploy lang naman lahat yan e kaya lalong dumdami yung mga posers. Capitalist controlled media dictates what's "cool", what it takes to be with the in crowd. Its all just [strawberry] business. whoever told you you can be whoever you want to be forgot to mention the fine print. You can be who we want you to be so better buy this and that and be "cool."Yung mga posers ang numero unong biktima nyan.

Whoa, let's not go into capitalism here - and communism wasn't any much better! State-controlled rock and roll. What the eff. Besides, the "buy this" mentality isn't always effective.

Better to say that it's a matter of what is presented and accepted as the next "in" thing. Even the state of being anti-"popular cool" is a stance in itself.

Better to simply shake your head and walk away, as the Eraserheads would say, because the moment you become polarized, then you're part of the system you love to hate.

Rawk en Rol!

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »
Parang may narinigan nga ako dati, sabi nya:

I'm such a non-conformist that I wouldn't conform with other non-conformist!

He he he. That "non-conformity is cool mentality" is uhhmmm, cow dung  :-P

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline miguel0210

• Netizen Level
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2009, 03:44:11 AM »
Ok lang sana ang emo scene ngaun if they still sound like the first or second wave of emo/screamo/post-hardcore bands kaso pangit na ung present sound ng emo eh (para sakin ah). If any of you know At The Drive-In, Rites of Spring, Drive Like Jehu, etc.. which was the original sound of the genre, para sakin ang best version/era of the genre. Konti nlng ang nagmmaintain ng original sound of emo (Envy, Circle Takes The Square, etc..). Sayang lang.  :-)

Offline shredboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:05 AM »
kasi [pichapie] daw ang emo sabi ng mga rakista.. eh kapag sinabi kasing rakista.. mga bato bato.. :lol: :-P
references:
Raijin,brianlp,tricciaruba,joey_stratman,numero_unoh,kenzu,sensei,jejan,
holy_diver,kuya_paul,bugoy,Otepkill,kazer08,tamcrasco,maniacally_cool,sleepnot,kidlat666,toybitz,bugarets,crypt,opay,bluesbox,black diamond,eggnog,talentado, and more..

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »
Bukas parin pala tong topic na to.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
Bukas parin pala tong topic na to.

yun din sana ang ipopost ko.   :lol:
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline splice

« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
hmmm...pwede kaya itong i-up?  :lol:
BLUES!
"Without music, life would be an error." - F. Nietzsche

Offline killerbutete

« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2009, 02:13:55 AM »
di daw kasi naliligo mga emo  :?

sabe lang sakin yun, no offence  :lol:

Offline gwain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »
there's already a topic on emo-bashing

anyway........

my favorite emo lines I found from friendster, i plucked this off the profiles of members whose accounts showed up when you do a search for "emo"

"EmO Is NoT CuTE uRSeLF, EmO Is NoT gaY!, EmO Is NoT cRy EvErYDaY, EmO Is MoRe ThAn ThAt, EmO Is A LiFe StYlE, EmO Is LoVe, EmO Is EmOtIoNAL, OnE tHiNE EmO A wiLL nEvEr LosE iT!"

"EMO is..worth more than they seems to be...they are not a toy by any means..cauze underneath that eyeliner and oneside hair...emO rulEsZz!!!-_\\"

"my hart is so broken when you left. </3 so wanting to slashing my wrists"

me??? an emo plz try to undrstand and dont leave me alone cuz i need someone to stop the bleeding of my lonely heart!!!!!

and my favorite emo picture:

:lol: :lol:

my take on this topic?

I think like any other genre out there, there will always be the kids who take it to a different direction.

sometimes the direction would be too much especially for the genre purists.

i guess we should just let them be, at least we have people into music.

ahahaha, ilang beses ko na nakita yang pics na yan! skita pala sila? ahahha
Our sickness is between our ears.