hulika

Author Topic: Small Pedalboard Setup  (Read 6763 times)

Offline renkai0218

Small Pedalboard Setup
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »
Hey guys,

I am praying for a small pedalboard that I will be using sa church. I am a commuting volunteer musician of our church and I really am having a hard time now travelling from our house to church. Its quite far. So bringing my guitar and my muti-effects are quite a daunting task now.  :) I have a G9.2tt and everyone who owns this knows what I am saying. It is really heavy to carry!

Most of the time what I am really using in my multi effects are the chorus, overdrive/distortion and delay, its preamp of course. So I am thinking of having a small board that will have a chorus, overdrive/distortion and a delay tsaka na siguro yung preamp.

Any suggestions for modulation, overdrive/distortion and delay? Or probably suggestion on an affordable yet "working" on a church setup kind of board? Probably budget will be around 15k - 20k all in all including the pedal board and supply.

We are mostly playing songs of Hillsongs, Planetshakers, Chris Tomlin, Israel Houghton and the likes.

Thank you guys!

Succesful transactions with: brown, jem, followtheReaper, piekey, mzik_man, exia, sundayhigh, Sir Alex, peter_alistair,GAP,doc_12,josephrave,akosijm,diancarlo,caloy the man,Eraseyourhead,relyeboy,gitaristadaw,nickson

Offline renkai0218

Re: Small Pedalboard Setup
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:44:06 PM »
By the way, if this would help, I am using a Fender American Standard Stratocaster. :|
Succesful transactions with: brown, jem, followtheReaper, piekey, mzik_man, exia, sundayhigh, Sir Alex, peter_alistair,GAP,doc_12,josephrave,akosijm,diancarlo,caloy the man,Eraseyourhead,relyeboy,gitaristadaw,nickson

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:08:09 PM »
I'd personally suggest a Visual Sound J&H, or 2 Boss SD-1s, or SD-1/OD3 for your drive section. Then an MXR Analog Chorus and a Boss DD-7/Carbon Copy for delay. If you get these pedals used, you might come close to your target budget. :)

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »
I suggest the following pedals:

Tuner - Boss TU2/Korg PB - 2,5k
OD 1 - VS Route808 - 3,5k
OD 2 - Boss BD2 - 3k
Delay - Boss DD7 - 5,5k or 6k
PSU - VS 1spot - 1k (kung meron man)
Pedalboard - 1k lang sa classifieds madame, maliit lang naman. or gawa ka nalang.  :)
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline punkwithtoms

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
FD2              - 7,000
DD7             - 6,000
Snark           -    500
1 spot          - 2,000

I think kasya na yung pedals sa pocket ng gig bag. :)

Successful transactions with: maxreyjun1, liway77, moncseb, NTM,  J-ROCK80s, drahcirnna24, vhershekinahfaith.

Offline J-ROCK80s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »
I can relate with your agony of carrying heavy equipment.. I was carrying 15kilos every wednesdays, thursdays and sundays for my effects when I was using the G System. But to go back to your inquiry, here are my choices:

stagg case --- 1300 to 1500
patch cables --- max 1000
ehx small clone chorus 3000-4000
reverb pedal 3500 to 5000
delay pedal with .8th delays  6000 - 8000
tuner 2000-3000

OR..........

Get a ZOOM G3 with analog OD/DS Pedals... SOLB!

I hope this helps  :-D
Ref:Toybitz,Poundcake, Moncseb, xelly, radicalzz, incubus32, Bossingboss, NTM, glassisblack, stelicore, milzer, manilacoke, bumbum, jah_blues, chis005, fretzburner, siopao69, rockarolla

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »
Bro.. if you have that budget now.. you can go to Moncseb place (Near Guadalupe MRT station), he can help you...
Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
I'd personally suggest a Visual Sound J&H, or 2 Boss SD-1s, or SD-1/OD3 for your drive section. Then an MXR Analog Chorus and a Boss DD-7/Carbon Copy for delay. If you get these pedals used, you might come close to your target budget. :)

Hey! Thank you pare. Yeah, yun muna ang budget ko. Maybe later I can add up a couple of pedals. :)

Appreciate it bro!

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »
I suggest the following pedals:

Tuner - Boss TU2/Korg PB - 2,5k
OD 1 - VS Route808 - 3,5k
OD 2 - Boss BD2 - 3k
Delay - Boss DD7 - 5,5k or 6k
PSU - VS 1spot - 1k (kung meron man)
Pedalboard - 1k lang sa classifieds madame, maliit lang naman. or gawa ka nalang.  :)

Bro, how about TS9 for any of the 2 Overdrives diya? Ok ba siya? :)

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
I can relate with your agony of carrying heavy equipment.. I was carrying 15kilos every wednesdays, thursdays and sundays for my effects when I was using the G System. But to go back to your inquiry, here are my choices:

stagg case --- 1300 to 1500
patch cables --- max 1000
ehx small clone chorus 3000-4000
reverb pedal 3500 to 5000
delay pedal with .8th delays  6000 - 8000
tuner 2000-3000

OR..........

Get a ZOOM G3 with analog OD/DS Pedals... SOLB!

I hope this helps  :-D

Bro, that I idea came across my mind. I was thinking kamusta naman ang G3 in terms of its OD/DS? Ok ba siya? Kuha ba yung Analog nya?

I'll do a research din. Baka I can consider that. I have seen guitarist mixed that G3 to their pedals. Pero gust ko sana marinig from someone who has done that.

Any idea brothers how that will work out?

Thanks bro!

Offline J-ROCK80s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »
Basta marunong at machaga kang magtweak ng comp at EQ mapapadali ka sa G3 and add a decent OD or DS. Sulit ang G3 but the downside of it is that you'll have to tap every song for the delay. It doesnt save the temp you set on every preset. You'll need an external tap tempo. Pero kung ako sau sa 20k mag full analog nalang ako..
Ref:Toybitz,Poundcake, Moncseb, xelly, radicalzz, incubus32, Bossingboss, NTM, glassisblack, stelicore, milzer, manilacoke, bumbum, jah_blues, chis005, fretzburner, siopao69, rockarolla

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »
Bro.. if you have that budget now.. you can go to Moncseb place (Near Guadalupe MRT station), he can help you...

Yeah, I heard of the place. Lapit lang ang office ko dun. Maybe I can drop some other time. :)

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
Guys, how about a FD2, TS9 and then DD7 or Flashback X4 na setup? Need pa ba ng EQ?

Will it work?

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »
Guys, how about a FD2, TS9 and then DD7 or Flashback X4 na setup? Need pa ba ng EQ?

Will it work?

It will work. pero FD2 and TS9 are both TS OD. so may midhump, i suggest get transparent drive and TS pedal.. swak na yung drive need mo..delay, dd7 would be good kung tipid..hehe
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »

Will it work?

Should work. You can set the FD2 for higher gain songs, and the TS9 for just a bit of breakup. You can use the amp EQ to tweak to taste. You might want to throw in a modulation pedal in there, possibly a chorus. Very useful for clean passages. :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:41:04 PM by cumbersome »

Offline J-ROCK80s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
By the way, I tried the FD2 and TS9 at the same time and sold them both. You can go with the Digitech/Hardwire Tube OD which is much better (For me only)

I use JCM900 and JC-80 AMPS at church and worked well for me.

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »
I think to save space for another pedal,

instead of a Pedal Tuner, get a clip-on tuner.
Pedal tuner usually or should only be at a very huge board.

since small set-up ka lang and considering a small budget concentrate on ODs or Boosters.

I would also suggest a compressor or a Clean/Gain Booster or a Clean OD as a sub for the PedalTuner.
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
ako eto lang setup ko ngayon, no pedalboard needed (disclosure, kami dealer ng wampler pedals dito)

guitar > wampler pinnacle > wampler chorus > amp

both pedals are almost always on (mahirap magpakanta at mag tap dance ng sabay), so yung chorus subtle lang, tapos yung drive, volume knob ng guitar ang nagiging control ko.

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 03:33:38 AM »
I think to save space for another pedal,

instead of a Pedal Tuner, get a clip-on tuner.
Pedal tuner usually or should only be at a very huge board.

since small set-up ka lang and considering a small budget concentrate on ODs or Boosters.

I would also suggest a compressor or a Clean/Gain Booster or a Clean OD as a sub for the PedalTuner.

Sir Piekey, whats a reasonable priced Clean/Gain Booster and Clean OD? :)

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 03:34:46 AM »
ako eto lang setup ko ngayon, no pedalboard needed (disclosure, kami dealer ng wampler pedals dito)

guitar > wampler pinnacle > wampler chorus > amp

both pedals are almost always on (mahirap magpakanta at mag tap dance ng sabay), so yung chorus subtle lang, tapos yung drive, volume knob ng guitar ang nagiging control ko.

Yeah. I will consider the Wampler Pinnacle as well.

I will visit your website Sir Jeff.

Offline renkai0218

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
So guys, here's my barebones pedalboard.

I will be posting pictures real soon.

Korg Pitchblack > Super Signa Drive > Shredhead > Flashback

I am still undecided which to get MXR Dyna Comp or an EQ?

Can you help me guys?

Offline El Mariachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »
happy new year mga sir!

I'm working on a 'new hybrid setup', papatulong sana ako kung tama ba signal chain ko..

Guitar --> Zoom ms50g --> Joyo UD --> Joyo Vintage --> G2.1u

BTW, sold my G3 at g2nu at boston OD-100.. mas gusto ko talaga timpla nung g2.1u at ms50g..  :-P

Offline pie-key

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
Sir Piekey, whats a reasonable priced Clean/Gain Booster and Clean OD? :)

Kung OD practical pa din talaga TS, for me siya na yung nasa average. Kung magaling ka naman magtimpla it can go clean and act as clean booster. Kumbaga yung gain is just in the level na hindi siya mag distort o mag drive. If your budget is OK go get a fulldrive its a TS circuit. With booster.
References:
BossingBoss/Spudmusic/Xelly/Poundcake/Fonzy/Joel_marcelo/Micsis/Voidman/Free2rock/
'57 Strat/DIY OD/Strymon TL/Eventide MF/Hardwire SN/TCE Polytune Mini/Princeton Chorus

Offline janjan0416

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »
happy new year mga sir!

I'm working on a 'new hybrid setup', papatulong sana ako kung tama ba signal chain ko..

Guitar --> Zoom ms50g --> Joyo UD --> Joyo Vintage --> G2.1u

BTW, sold my G3 at g2nu at boston OD-100.. mas gusto ko talaga timpla nung g2.1u at ms50g..  :-P

Buti ka pa bro, mamimiss ko ung g2.1u ko. Kakalungkot kasi isipin na new year eh, nilooban ung church namen. Unfortunately andun ung guitar at effects ko natangay lahat. Pareho pa naman may sentimental value. Anyway, ang point ko lng eh sobrang handy at decent naman kasi ang G2.1u pagdating sa tone. Kya nakakahinayang na nawala saken un. Grabe talaga ung ibang tao ngayon, kahit church eh di pinalalagpas. Di na nahiya kay Lord. Hayy..  :-(

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
Buti ka pa bro, mamimiss ko ung g2.1u ko. Kakalungkot kasi isipin na new year eh, nilooban ung church namen. Unfortunately andun ung guitar at effects ko natangay lahat. Pareho pa naman may sentimental value. Anyway, ang point ko lng eh sobrang handy at decent naman kasi ang G2.1u pagdating sa tone. Kya nakakahinayang na nawala saken un. Grabe talaga ung ibang tao ngayon, kahit church eh di pinalalagpas. Di na nahiya kay Lord. Hayy..  :-(

Awww.. san ba location nang church nyo bro? grabe naman.. pati church d na pinalagpas... anyways.. just move on and have faith that God will replace everything...
Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.