hulika

Author Topic: standard tele squier  (Read 1263 times)

Offline weeeeeenesus

standard tele squier
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
i need advices from the guru's here :)

i have standard squier tele and anu po muna ipprioritize ko sa paguupgrade? pickups? tuning pegs? or bridge?
gusto ko po kasi palitan lahat anu po uunahin ko? thanks

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: standard tele squier
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
If ok pa ung ibang parts, pickups muna.

Offline geloboy25

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:56:56 PM »
pickups..

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
first you should assess why you want to upgrade.  is it for better tone?  better feel?  better playability?

1st thing you should do is to get a proper set-up for you tele.  bring it to a luthier for a once-over.  after the set-up your tele, i recommend the cheaper upgrades first.  start with getting better pots and upgrading the capacitor.  these will cost way cheaper than pickups.  while you're at it, i suggest you listen to different kinds of pickups to get an idea of what each pickup sounds like, and if it suits your music.

PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline inked

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »
first you should assess why you want to upgrade.  is it for better tone?  better feel?  better playability?

1st thing you should do is to get a proper set-up for you tele.  bring it to a luthier for a once-over.  after the set-up your tele, i recommend the cheaper upgrades first.  start with getting better pots and upgrading the capacitor.  these will cost way cheaper than pickups.  while you're at it, i suggest you listen to different kinds of pickups to get an idea of what each pickup sounds like, and if it suits your music.

+100

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 03:13:54 AM »
wala po akong kilalang luthier eh sino po ba marerecommend nyo saka san ung place?

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:59:04 AM »
wala po akong kilalang luthier eh sino po ba marerecommend nyo saka san ung place?
depende, where do you reside? which one is accessible from your residence?

Max Rufo (Caloocan)

Arie Hipolito (QC/Manila Border)

Jonathan Dela Cruz (San Juan)

Rey Vargas (Cainta,Rizal)

Jun Castro (Sta. Ana/Makati)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:00:34 AM by shodawmoon »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »
Start off with proper set-up, pero i would really really prioritize changing the nut and string trees. The plastic nut on the standard teles are cheap thin hollow plastic nuts. There was a drastic change in tone and sustain when I changed my Squier's nut (no pun intended) to Graphtech.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 08:48:00 AM »
i need advices from the guru's here :)

i have standard squier tele and anu po muna ipprioritize ko sa paguupgrade? pickups? tuning pegs? or bridge?
gusto ko po kasi palitan lahat anu po uunahin ko? thanks

Naku, mahirap yan. If you don't know where to start, chances are you'll only be changing stuff just for the heck of it.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
try it first. if you like it, buy it.

wag mag upgrade agad. paglaruan mo muna. patagalin mo muna sayo.

tapos pag may napansin kang lacking, either tone, tuning stability or etc, thats when you would know kung ano uunahin mo.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline anonikulas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
I got a standard tele too. Una ko din naiisip kung anong upgrades gagawin ko. Then I decided to upgrade the bridge. Unfortunately, hindi pede ang retrofit bridge sa squier standard tele. Or kung pede man, litaw yung mga butas nya na sa tingin ko ay hindi kagandahan. It needs a lot of works to be done. Hindi tama ang string through sa vintage tele bridge. Ang nabago ko lang sa guitar ko ay pickups, I change it to artec rails yung bridge pickup then the bone nut. Im thinking now to change my tuning peg.

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
try it first. if you like it, buy it.

wag mag upgrade agad. paglaruan mo muna. patagalin mo muna sayo.

tapos pag may napansin kang lacking, either tone, tuning stability or etc, thats when you would know kung ano uunahin mo.

thanks for the advice gagawin ko muna un ^_^

Offline pgm86

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »
i agree with the posts. try setting up the guitar first (string action, pickup height, strings) to have a better feel and tone. for upgrades, i'd recommend changing the bridge pickup first to a single coil size humbucker. i did this with my very own squier standard tele and i never regretted the upgrade because i prefer to play rock music. i know there are no rules since you can still play rock music with just using your standard tele single coils but humbuckers are a safer bet.

Offline BOOGIE_79

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »
try any of the following first with your tele:
a. adjust pickup height - baka masyadong malayo/malapit yung PUPs sa strings
b. choose a different string gauge - may nagsabi sa akin na 10s is perfect for the tele's neck scale. kung naka-1os ka na at ayaw mo pa rin try mo mag-9s
c. try a different amp - it might be that you need a different amp for that sound you're looking for.
d. try a guitar with humbuckers - do you really prefer the single coil sound of the tele? baka kasi buckers ang hanap mo. in that case why not trade that standard for a custom?

im sure madami pang suggestions from the people here. ang sa akin lang don't spend first on upgrades. baka pwede pang paubrahin.

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »
try any of the following first with your tele:
a. adjust pickup height - baka masyadong malayo/malapit yung PUPs sa strings
b. choose a different string gauge - may nagsabi sa akin na 10s is perfect for the tele's neck scale. kung naka-1os ka na at ayaw mo pa rin try mo mag-9s
c. try a different amp - it might be that you need a different amp for that sound you're looking for.
d. try a guitar with humbuckers - do you really prefer the single coil sound of the tele? baka kasi buckers ang hanap mo. in that case why not trade that standard for a custom?

im sure madami pang suggestions from the people here. ang sa akin lang don't spend first on upgrades. baka pwede pang paubrahin.

thanks for the tip :)