hulika

Author Topic: TAMA Drums and Hardware thread  (Read 290667 times)

Offline road dogg

Re: TAMA Drums and Hardware thread
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2009, 01:47:22 AM »
My more than a decade old TAMA Japan Iron Cobra powerglide with new springs and cobra coil upgrade

I will clean and polish parts and paint the bottom plate as well as set the rubber pads back when i get the chance to

new pin stripes except for the 18 floor tom and 24 bass drums due to unavailability

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:54:45 AM by road dogg »
BLACK END rulz!

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
i just updated the old mount with the new starcast mount
mas pimped na yung mount hehehe
im selling the old one (chromed)

ka galing!!! by the way anong pagkakaiba nung star cast dun sa nasa starclassic? mas matibay ba?
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »
siguro idol ni road dogg si lars hehehe

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »
siguro idol ni road dogg si lars hehehe

di naman masyado...

siguro kung matte black na yung hardware niyan haha

Offline jcberedo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2009, 09:14:31 PM »
out of curiosity and daydreaming, how much would a superstar hyperdrive kit cost? available ba ito dito sa atin? nakita ko kasi sa youtube. ang ganda ng tunog. sarap pakinggan nung toms nya.

ikaw din ba yung nag-comment sa post ko sa demonoid? hehe
O' Baterista, R.N. - retired for now

Offline jcberedo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2009, 09:38:25 PM »
My more than a decade old TAMA Japan Iron Cobra powerglide with new springs and cobra coil upgrade

I will clean and polish parts and paint the bottom plate as well as set the rubber pads back when i get the chance to

new pin stripes except for the 18 floor tom and 24 bass drums due to unavailability

Boss pano nyo na-retrofit ng cobra coil yung old IC nyo? How can I install cobra coil sa '07 model ng IC?

Offline road dogg

« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2009, 01:30:24 AM »
well first you have to go to a machine shop. i my case, i did go to one but i did the whole thing myself, next is that you have to make sure you get the right measurements to make the drillings, i did it the easiest way, i copied the position and exact dimensions from an actual IC with the Cobra coils.

then have to take the pedals apart including the rubber bottom padding.

one great thing i discovered with TAMA is that they keep things pretty standard as far as dimensions and measurements are concerned. if you get things right, the coils will fall directly on the right position beneath the pedal boards.

just like the upgrades i did for my kit, the holes from the old kit are exactly on the same places and positions as the new kits so it made parts easily interchangeable.

back to the ICs, when you get the whole machining done (there should be 2 screw holes and a slot for the coils itself per pedal) don not forget to install the felt patch with the adhesive side poperly place completely along where the coils move forward and back.

happy drumming
BLACK END rulz!

Offline tranquildomain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2009, 11:30:54 PM »
Regarding the IC pedals rumors this year 9/9/9 the WEASEL will be unleashed  :evil:

anyway I need advise on something, I have this old ARTSTAR ES kit and I would like to replace some parts, bass drum and it's accessories, 16" Tom and I'm looking for it's "equivalent" modern drum kit now in the TAMA series, I'm looking for additional tom toms (8",10",14",18")

Question sir road dogg, do they accept seperate orders for example toms only? thanks  8-)
UNAS.. the slayer of the Gods..
"Once you begin to see drums as music, you've become a drummer." - George Kollias

Offline jcberedo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
well first you have to go to a machine shop. i my case, i did go to one but i did the whole thing myself, next is that you have to make sure you get the right measurements to make the drillings, i did it the easiest way, i copied the position and exact dimensions from an actual IC with the Cobra coils.

then have to take the pedals apart including the rubber bottom padding.

one great thing i discovered with TAMA is that they keep things pretty standard as far as dimensions and measurements are concerned. if you get things right, the coils will fall directly on the right position beneath the pedal boards.

just like the upgrades i did for my kit, the holes from the old kit are exactly on the same places and positions as the new kits so it made parts easily interchangeable.

back to the ICs, when you get the whole machining done (there should be 2 screw holes and a slot for the coils itself per pedal) don not forget to install the felt patch with the adhesive side poperly place completely along where the coils move forward and back.

happy drumming

Wow! Thanks po sir for the advice.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:23:09 PM by jcberedo »

Offline road dogg

« Reply #409 on: February 17, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »
Regarding the IC pedals rumors this year 9/9/9 the WEASEL will be unleashed  :evil:

anyway I need advise on something, I have this old ARTSTAR ES kit and I would like to replace some parts, bass drum and it's accessories, 16" Tom and I'm looking for it's "equivalent" modern drum kit now in the TAMA series, I'm looking for additional tom toms (8",10",14",18")

Question sir road dogg, do they accept seperate orders for example toms only? thanks  8-)

Hi sir,

I am not really the TAMA expert but i have been using em for quite some time now and tried many things.

let's go step by step

first is you got a nice kit. :-D

Regarding your type of kit, TAMA has long discontinued the Artstar series, since it is not an entry level kit, its closest new version would be a superstar judging from its wood which is a combination made of philippine mahogany and birch
whereas the superstars are from birch and basswood.

Now for the bass drum and the accessories you were mentioning. unless ther are some damages, i suggest leave em as they are as they are good quality types of hardware. Although as you know i have an old Rockstar which i upgraded with the starcast accessories such as the rims and tom holders, what i did due to the fact that it was a 9pc kit, i had to buy 1 standard superstar kit 12,13,16,22 and a fusion kit 10,12,14,22 respectively excluding the snare. As i mentioned also about the TAMA standard of manufacturing their parts,i was able to swap all the old parts with the new design parts. i also had to order an 18" floor tom for the rims. to summarize, it was a better idea that to try to order the accessories that would have costed a bit more and took more time for delivery, plus the fact that it may not even be possible to do so.   

About the Toms, like i said artstars are no longer produced, so if you would like to get some additional toms, try ebay or if you travel, you may go to Hong Seng & Son Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. Nakornkasem 2, New Road, Sumphantawong, Bangkok, Thailand, there you will find lots of old but new TAMA toms, i am even thinking of buying a kit there, they have alot of TAMA stuff, like the original IC.

although it costs alot to upgrade, but it was worth it, my kit is like new and i still got the old japan shells, i was able to sell the superstars with the old japan hardware to get some rebate but i got the advantage of having a lot of new hardware in the process.

I hope this helps
Best regards
Road Dogg

BLACK END rulz!

Offline tranquildomain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »
Thanks for the HUGE amount of information road dogg!  8-)

I'll try to do some budget planning and drop by at audiophile soon, Superstars costs like  :-o
UNAS.. the slayer of the Gods..
"Once you begin to see drums as music, you've become a drummer." - George Kollias

Offline road dogg

« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2009, 10:45:10 PM »
Thanks for the HUGE amount of information road dogg!  8-)

I'll try to do some budget planning and drop by at audiophile soon, Superstars costs like  :-o

I am not sure kung naipost mo na yung pic e, pero patingin naman sir, alam mo naman I am such a big fan of drumkits!

ewan ko ba sir, dahil sa mahal n mahal natin music, dami sacrifices nagagawa natin.
like i always say..."one Life, Live It" kelan pa natin susundin mga pangarap natin diba, yes ngayon nagawa ko na to pero it took so many years of just simply dreaming... :-D dami ko na nabebenta na gamit ayun kulang pa din kit ko hehe

by the way, you can also order easily from Sir Barrabas for any other items... hassle free, may konting hintay pero sulit! :-D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:55:45 PM by road dogg »
BLACK END rulz!

Offline road dogg

« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2009, 01:47:40 AM »
After selling a lot of stuff... finally :-D

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:40:57 PM by road dogg »
BLACK END rulz!

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #413 on: February 22, 2009, 08:08:21 AM »
ayun na nga. cymbals na lang!

Offline brokensticks

« Reply #414 on: February 22, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »
After selling a lot of stuff... finally :-D

waw! ganda naman sir!

Offline road dogg

« Reply #415 on: February 22, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »
ayun na nga. cymbals na lang!

...oo nga e, ipon p  :-D
BLACK END rulz!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: February 22, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
si road dogg di mo naman masyado idol si lars no ? hehe

Offline road dogg

« Reply #417 on: February 22, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
Actually, lagi nga ako nasasabihan nun e, on one hand, i really like his style and attitude alot. his no portnoy pero mas malakas dating nya.

Pero since my project kit isn't done yet, it does look like a Black Album kit, pero i have some other plans p naman.

By the way - This is the LOUDEST snare i have ever used in my life! pinaka astig din :-D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:50:30 PM by road dogg »
BLACK END rulz!

Offline djrev

« Reply #418 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:46 PM »
ikaw din ba yung nag-comment sa post ko sa demonoid? hehe

hehe. ako nga yun. musta? salamat sa pagpost at pagseed.
Remember two things:
God is love. Love is everything.

Offline jigs_theman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
I'm planning to buy a pedal at nag search ako dito yung Iron cobra power glide yung maganda, worth it ba to at magkano yung brand new?

thanks in advance

Offline barabbas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #420 on: March 02, 2009, 12:57:09 PM »
I'm planning to buy a pedal at nag search ako dito yung Iron cobra power glide yung maganda, worth it ba to at magkano yung brand new?

thanks in advance

I'm back mga kapatid... sa wakas dito na ulit ako sa main office.... update ko na ulit kayo sa Tama products.... brother Jigs_theman regarding sa question mo about IC Power glide maganda naman yan... maraming users dito ng Tama IC mostly powerglide users.... as of now marami kaming stocks ng IC power glide ang rolling glide... yung IC power glide walang kasamang cobra coil.... Yung rolling glide meron at the same price.... about sa price you can call our audiophile branches... thanks and God bless.....

Offline drewmit

• Netizen Level
« Reply #421 on: March 02, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »
sir barabbas tanong ko lang po if possible na makaorder ako ng driveshaft na bago para sa iron cobra?? and fit po ba yung cobra coil sa 2007 model na iron cobra..maraming salamat po!! :-)

Offline cheezemonster08

• Veteran Member
« Reply #422 on: March 02, 2009, 08:34:21 PM »
I'm back mga kapatid... sa wakas dito na ulit ako sa main office.... update ko na ulit kayo sa Tama products.... brother Jigs_theman regarding sa question mo about IC Power glide maganda naman yan... maraming users dito ng Tama IC mostly powerglide users.... as of now marami kaming stocks ng IC power glide ang rolling glide... yung IC power glide walang kasamang cobra coil.... Yung rolling glide meron at the same price.... about sa price you can call our audiophile branches... thanks and God bless.....

three weeks ago i went to audiophile para bumili ng hardware,nakita ko yung naka display ng rolling glide nakalagay na price ehh 17.5php.palagay ko yun pa rin ang nakalagay dun.

Offline smutdrummer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #423 on: March 02, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »
you can never go wrong with cobras

Offline barabbas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #424 on: March 04, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »
By the way mga kapatid may mga TAMA superstar hyperdrive series kami available sa lahat ng audiophile branches namin you can check it out anytime you want..... and as of now wala na muna audiophile store sa Sm north Edsa due to renovation ng carpark cyberzone building.... but we're going back there kapag may available na slot ang Sm para samin.... we're still working on it... Kapag pinalad dun kami sa The Block magkakaroon ng space... Sana ma-approve kami dun..... Kitakits ulit dun..... Sa mga Taga pinoydrums na bumisita sakin dun sa SM north edsa.... Maraming salamat po sa nyo.... Kitakits next time kapag meron na ulit kami dun branch.....