hulika

Author Topic: SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE, DriveRack or Sub  (Read 1396 times)

Offline jolam1431

• Veteran Member
SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE, DriveRack or Sub
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:21:54 PM »
Mga Sirs Im back again. This time its another dilemma.

This coming Tuesday, bibili na kami ng bagong set of speakers, we have decided to get the EV ZLX-15P which is 56k a pair. We would be pairing this with our existing a soundcraft mixer.

My problem now is choosing between a DBX DriveRack PA2 or 1 unit Sub. Isang Sub lang muna then will add one later if makulangan sa bayo, but I guess one would be enough considering the size of our present venue (200 Sets max), that, if I will choose the sub as against the DriveRack.

Application is mostly vocals and will mic the drum soon kaya Im preparing in advance to have sub on the system.

So, in your professional opinion mga sir, which among the two will give us the most benefit.

TIA and God bless.

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: SOUND SYSTEM UPGRADE, DriveRack or Sub
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »

go for the subs. but get a branded and active one with enough spl to match ev's output.

the ev zlx-15p has a built-in limiter and the speakers are factory time aligned. no need for a loudspeaker controller. literally speaking, you can feed the main out of your mixer directly to your powered speakers.

Offline jolam1431

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

go for the subs. but get a branded and active one with enough spl to match ev's output.

the ev zlx-15p has a built-in limiter and the speakers are factory time aligned. no need for a loudspeaker controller. literally speaking, you can feed the main out of your mixer directly to your powered speakers.

Thank you very much Sir Jef I really appreciated your advice and one more thing, is a parametric or graphic equalizer very necessary in order to have a good sound?

Thanks again and God bless.

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »

you can add a graphic eq intended for indoor venues normally