hulika

Author Topic: Tell Me About Your Shoes (shoes thread part 2)  (Read 16802 times)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
Tell Me About Your Shoes (shoes thread part 2)
« on: April 29, 2015, 07:43:50 AM »
part 1 is here:

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=234384.0

-*-

let's have a shoe review thread going :) pics would be nice. here's a suggested format

*pic
*brand and model
*what you use it for
*experiences
*would you recommend it
*rating

-*-

i'd chime in later :) i'm still feeling bad about the eventual death of my 511 recons
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:58:40 AM by IncX »

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tell Me About Your Shoes (shoes thread part 2)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 08:53:48 AM »
World Balance EasySoft

Use: for everyday office wear

Experiences: Best office shoes to wear during the rainy season. Unlike a regular everyday leather shoe which will need regular care and daily cleaning during the rainy season, this one only needs a good wipe or wash because the whole shebang is made of rubber. And the best part is, no one would know better, it looks a lot like the actual leather shoes I own (and come in sizes that fit better). I got me a lot of pairs of these because our place gets flooded all the time, and leather shoes aren't waterproof even to an inch of water, and keeping them in shape after being submerged is a pain in the ass, not to mention they stink like [strawberry] hell. And I like keeping my socks and feet dry on a rainy day commute. That's the only reason actually.

Durability: 9/10. just don't play sports with it and it will be fine. you can walk through rawlands with this one (and I actually do). the insole is steady like it was baked in. Even the insoles of sports shoes I rarely use flake out faster. and forget about nicks and scratches, it's rubber. Also, it's not like the cheaper all-rubber shoes you get from the sidewalks - this is made with better rubber.

Care: you don't need to care for it, really. just stuff newspaper balls in it to keep it from stinking, just like you would a normal shoe. I do wax it with black shoe wax to make it look like a legit leather shoe. you  just gotta check your shoe for any extra rubber which may chafe your skin. it's easily remedied with a pocket knife/cutter and a steady hand.

Price: 350 bucks. you can get three pairs for the price of one pair of crappy leather shoes that last half a year.

Recommendation: if you're not a shoe snob, and is a practical person, you gotta have at least two pairs of these. If anything, these can be amazing emergency shoes too!

Rating: 8/10
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 09:20:25 AM »

Vans slip-on's

well this is my all day rakenrol shoes, be it papasok sa work, pauwi or gala sa mall, kahit sa mga gigs and events eto lang sinusuot ko. very comfortable at always on the go. ang mahirap lang dito is kapag umuulan, syempre dahil tela sya mababasa pati medyas mo so kapag umuulan at pauwi naman na ako, hinuhubad ko sya at nilalagay sa back pack at magyayapak na lang ako, sobrang lalim kasi bumaha sa rizal area, hangang bewang lang naman.

kahit nakapants ka or shorts, pasok na pasok sa japorms to. I have two pairs, one black and white checkered and black with red floral ethnic booboo something. durability, dahil sa araw araw ko talaga syang ginagamit, umaabot naman ng two years.

ill rate it 9/10
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:38:05 AM »
- Everyday Shoes

im a chuck-lover.. 3 pairs of it rotating every week, it goes well with all my Levi's Jeans (501, 523 and Engineered)

2 traditional chuck taylors, low-cut blue gray and hi-cut orange

This is my favorite..

I use these shoes everyday, I used them accordingly on the color scheme of my shirts.. my experience with chuck taylors is that they are "built to last" the photos I posted above are only for reference but in real life my chucks are all beautifully worn and I like it that way.. the blue gray chuck taylors that I have has been with me since 2007, the nylon green since 2011 and the orange since 2012..

imma buy these one next (LEATHER):

recommendation? HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

rating? 10/10

---

- Running Shoes

I have 2 pairs of running shoes.. (Nike and Adidas) but I use the Nike more.. im brand loyal and since my running apparel are nikes anyway:

Nike Free Run 3.0 H20 Repel (blue)

Adidas Essential Star M (blue)

I run everyday so I use these everyday too, and also I use the Adidas as everyday walking shoes aswell to complement my sports shorts.  :-D

recommendation: Recommended
rating: Nike: 8/10, Adidas: 8/10

---

- Basketball Shoes

I dont really play basketball anymore, but I have a pair of shoes that saw my last year playing the game:

Air Jordan Retro Cool Gray:

This version of the classic Air Jordan 11 is very comfortable and it also look good as everyday walking shoes.. it goes well with denim shorts and sport shorts.. and this has been with my since the "retro" model introduction years. (I cant remember if its 2010 or 2011)

recommendation: recommended but I highly recommend the Air Jordan 12 because IMHO its the most durable basketball shoes I ever had (I dont have it anymore but when I had it I used it for 5 f*cking years! 1997-2002)

rating: 9/10
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:46:07 AM by rockophoria »
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 09:41:54 AM »
dati i use sperry boat shoe for everyday use, (light brown) very durable now i only have dark brown of that that i dont use dahil parang pang matanda. (wala pa akong pambili ng light brown.)
I also have sperry  driving shoe, but replaced the inner sole of that shoe dahil masakit sa paa.
one hush puppy driving shoe
i have nike 5.0 for running (pero matagal na akong di tumatakbo dahil andami dami kong ginagawa)
two chucks (canvass and leather) dahil madaming pantalon na binabagayan, plus its a "chuck"
 ill post pics as soon as i can. lol

basta una sakin yung comfort, then kung bagay sa madaming pantalon, oks na.
"creeping deeaath"

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »
I find the Palladium "boots" extremely comfortable in both cold and warm weathers. Apparently (if the company's story is to be believed), the original soles were made from surplus airplane tires, and the French Foreign Legion wore them.

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »

511 ATAC Storm

i got them because it has always been my dream to own combat boots. they look cool and they are combat boots lol these are my first pair of high performance foot wear ever! it is VERY EASY to put on, just like slip-ons (awesome design). they are waterproof, and very light for its size - although, if you are used to normal low cut sneakers, these things weigh a ton! it also grips on a lot of surfaces very well, rocks, marble and floors with oil spills on them.

i used them everyday for 2 or 3 years ... hiking, gigs, city walking, even running and working out (i looked silly). i was pretty much in-love with these boots. the most comfortable and bad-a$$ed looking footwear ever.

it is currently retired though ... the zippers eventually aren't as smooth, plus they look very worn out. BUT, there's no damage with these babies. i cant imagine another set of footwear as well built as these. and oh, i have also took them out on 5 hardcore hiking trips and trail runs... add that with a lot of 5K's and even leg workouts like squats and leg presses.

i rate them a solid 8/10! the only thing with them is that they are combat boots and combat boots are not made to be versatile, unless you are a metal musician, in which case, you can wear these to the office. METAL!

-*-

Adidas Boost

they are the first shoes i bought for the sole purpose of running. i could say its functional and not very expensive (around 2 or 3K). they are easy to put on and are very light, its also worth noting the break-in period was non existent, they were comfy out of the box. they arent my favorite pair of footwear ... i bought this during the time when running shoes had boring design and colors.

i've currently retired them because the glue has started to come off... i mean, it could still be re-glued, its just, i find the footwear really boring.

i rate it 5/10 ... functional and the only reason you'd get them is because you need them. and oh, if you are used to sneakers, one fun thing you'd notice with "real" running shoes is that they have a bounce to them. the first time i ran with these shoes, i felt like i was flying lol later on, i realize all running shoes have that built into their technology now.

-*-

Heyday Leather Combat Boots

they are "fashion boots." that's what i call stuff like doc martens. i got them because, snake skin lol. they are quite comfy, looks OK ... and are totally non-functional. i guess that's why they are "fashion boots." i mean, they are ok for walking around, the spikes and grip are non-existent now (they remind me of old tires).

i still use them sometimes, but really, other than the snake skin, there is nothing going on for this footwear and the brand. i rate them 4/10, especially that it cost me 6.5K. it was not a wise decision getting them.

-*-

Heyday Shifter (limited edition)

what happens when you combine my favorite color with my favorite pattern (snake skin) ever? ... you'd get me to spend a stupid amount of money (15K!!!! jebuzzz) for a stupid pair of footwear. these are the pinnacle of "fashion sneakers" ... they have a variety of ways to look cool (via that "shifter" straps, which would be very boring to explain).

they are the dre beats of sneakers (except not many people are on to, so it still has that element of mystery to it). it also has really shoddy construction because less than a year with it, i broke one of the buttons and they turned out to be unrepairable. its still functional, except i lost the "shifter" function, which was the point in getting them.

i rate them 3/10. i rarely wear them, they are VERY HARD to put on ... it has this weird lace mechanism. i cannot do anything with them, except when im playing gigs, which i do not do nowadays. the only saving grace i have with them is that they are olive green snake skin, and they look very cool ... but since i am in the gym or running on the road all the time, and i do not have the patience to take 5 minutes with its lace system, its not worth the time to change into these things.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:43:00 PM by IncX »

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
hindi ako gaano papalit palit ng sapatos. siguro tanang buhay ko mga 4 palang ang nabili kong sapatos (not including yung mga nanay, tatay, ninong ninang ang bumili para sakin)

i'm the type who uses the same shoe everyday :D
except on weekends where I prefer to dress formally.

yung gamit ko ngayon eh 3 year old merrel casual (men's rant) :D
matibay naman hanggang ngayon wala pa siyang siwang considering i use it 5 to 6 times a week :)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 12:51:16 PM »
hindi ako gaano papalit palit ng sapatos. siguro tanang buhay ko mga 4 palang ang nabili kong sapatos (not including yung mga nanay, tatay, ninong ninang ang bumili para sakin)

i'm the type who uses the same shoe everyday :D
except on weekends where I prefer to dress formally.

yung gamit ko ngayon eh 3 year old merrel casual (men's rant) :D
matibay naman hanggang ngayon wala pa siyang siwang considering i use it 5 to 6 times a week :)

pareho tayo! ... ako din yung tipong 1 shoe to rule them all lol ... sinubukan kong mag switch ng mga sapatos, that's why i bought those Heyday waste of money sneakers, pero di talaga kaya. 1 shoe for everyday and everywhere use.

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
pareho tayo! ... ako din yung tipong 1 shoe to rule them all lol ... sinubukan kong mag switch ng mga sapatos, that's why i bought those Heyday waste of money sneakers, pero di talaga kaya. 1 shoe for everyday and everywhere use.

yeah i once bought shoes (wait ok lang ba mag brand-name drop dito?)
anyway those you can buy for 1,000 petot or less and got really disappointed, wala pang isang buwan tuklap na yung Foxing

^for reference, ngayon ko lang din nalaman na Foxing yung pangalan nung part na yun ng sapatos

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »
yeah i once bought shoes (wait ok lang ba mag brand-name drop dito?)
anyway those you can buy for 1,000 petot or less and got really disappointed, wala pang isang buwan tuklap na yung Foxing

^for reference, ngayon ko lang din nalaman na Foxing yung pangalan nung part na yun ng sapatos

wow napa-google ako dun ah. ang galing!  :roll:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »

511 ATAC Storm

From the description, badass boots!
i also wanted to have these modern combat boots, kaso baka pag nakita ni misis na may ganito ako baka ipakain saken, -nag oopisina ka tas blah blah blah,
last time i wore boots was in college, DMs, like the ones worn by alternative band guys (not to mention combat shoes in ROTC)
i've worn those almost everyday, in every situation, pinanglulusong din sa baha, they lasted long til di ko na ginamit dahil may amoy na.  :-D

pag nadaan ako ng galle baka umiskor ako nung recon, btw, nice share.  :mrgreen:
"creeping deeaath"

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »
From the description, badass boots!
i also wanted to have these modern combat boots, kaso baka pag nakita ni misis na may ganito ako baka ipakain saken, -nag oopisina ka tas blah blah blah,
last time i wore boots was in college, DMs, like the ones worn by alternative band guys (not to mention combat shoes in ROTC)
i've worn those almost everyday, in every situation, pinanglulusong din sa baha, they lasted long til di ko na ginamit dahil may amoy na.  :-D

pag nadaan ako ng galle baka umiskor ako nung recon, btw, nice share.  :mrgreen:

totally worth it! performance and of course, the looks! lol

the first time i wore it, i was like "YEAAAAHHH" ...

Offline crizer003

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »

Model: DC nyjah Vulc

Use: It supposed to be a skater shoes but I'm not a skater  :eek: so I'm using it everyday  :-D

Experiences: Sobrang tibay at hindi umaangat ung goma sa tabi (where you bend your foot fingers) and un tlga ang hinahanap kong quality ng isang shoes. Malambot ung ilalim nia, sobrang comfortable isuot at hindi maxado mainit sa paa.

Woud you recommend it?: YES! It supposed to be a skater shoes so kahit hndi ka maingat hndi pa rin xa mabilis masira and hindi din xa mabilis mapudpod.

Rating:  9/10 Panalo sa durability but it's pricey, new model xa nung binili ko and it costs P5,000. Best shoes I bought.
LF > DK2M White or black

TONE IS IN THE FINGERS!! Because my fingers are mahogany made in japan limited edition

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »

Vans James Hetfield

had this for 3 years , pang office ( pure black kase ) pang gig at pang lahat na, di ko lang sinusuot ng naka short kase mataba binti ko hihi

Japorms, boots look without the uncomfortable leather

10/10

If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
Pa-subscribe muna.  :-D
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »

511 Recon Trainer

after my awesome experience with 511 ATAC, i have to had another set of 511's. i've changed since then, and i wanted foot wear that would reflect my personality. i ended up with a very light, agile and "thin" 511 recons!

first, let us go with the positives. these shoes are fast! think of bruce lee, and then think of a shoe - that's how fast it is!

it was designed for "trail running and crossfit" ... i can really vouch for the crossfit part since the shoes are just so responsive, they do not fight the motion of your foot at all. i have great success using this in the boxing ring. my sidesteps were fast, i can bounce tirelessly, and my double leg takedown drills felt way smoother. i got so used to it, using another pair of shoes make me feel sluggish, probably because most shoes grip the canvass too much.

now, the negative part ... "trail running." i am not sure what kind of trail it was tested on, but it was probably something not as bumpy as our tropical jungles. i used it on mt. apo, and while the grip on the rocks boulders was good (although not as awesome as the 511's), i could feel most of the rocks beneath the sole. yes, the soles are so thin that going hiking with this will be a bit painful. its also not waterproof, but it dries very fast. thank you technology and all of its hi-tech materials.

and finally, with all of the speed comes a big sacrifice in durability. only after 6 months of wearing it everyday, and working out with it... the shoes are already exhibiting rips and tears. i really regret bringing it to mt. apo. i figured it lost a lot of its durability there.

regardless to say, i give these pair a solid 8/10. its perfect for everyday use, except for really rough and uneven terrain (the kind that would usually destroy casual sneakers, basketball shoes and even some running shoes). i also love its very simple design. if you want something you can wear everyday at most casual occasions. i highly recommend 511 Recon Trainers!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:07:38 PM by IncX »

Offline donnarocks08

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »

Vans James Hetfield

had this for 3 years , pang office ( pure black kase ) pang gig at pang lahat na, di ko lang sinusuot ng naka short kase mataba binti ko hihi

Japorms, boots look without the uncomfortable leather

10/10

pwede kaya to sa babae? gusto ko rin to e hehehe currently i have a high-cut black converse shoes..
peace, love, rock n roll \m/

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 11:34:01 PM »
heres some on current rotate --

Gucci Bouvier.

don't usually use this for lounging around because its kind of a bitch to clean and i'm not entirely comfortable with the soles being too thin. i fixed it by slapping on some sole adhesives and using gel inserts. i still like it though. not my favorite, but it looks pretty damn good with black jeans and white shirts. would i recommend it? ehh... its classic and timeless, but i've had better.

YSL Tribtoo 105 & 80.

i've had so many shoes, and these have got to be one of the best. heels aren't always comfortable, but these really are. especially the beige one (80). they didn't come cheap, but i didn't fucking care. i've used them everywhere and will look for excuses to wear and bought outfits just to match them. if you're a girl (or got a girlfriend/wife), and you're going to buy one expensive shoe one day, go for this label.

Ralph Lauren & Jimmy Choo Prize

forgot the RL shoe names.

"why the fuck do you have shoes of the similar styles and same color?!" because why the fuck not. those things go with everything. and really, all of my shoes don't serve a real purpose except to look good and coordinated with my clothes and bags. and i have a lot of brown leather stuff...at dahil life peg ko si Kim Kardashian.

RLs took a while to break in, but they're fine now, and heels are chunky and sturdy. Jimmy Choos are comfy, but i honestly don't wear them a lot. only wear that when i'm in good company and going somewhere nicer.

Bebe. aka. my "pokpok-fuck-me-pumps"

boyfriend got it for me. it was my size, but tried it on and it didn't fit the first time, so i tried to sell it. i was so desperate to wear it, i scoured the internet for ways to make shoes bigger. stuffed them with newspapers, wore them with socks and blow dried it, wore them at home as much as i could to break them in. finally did, and i got to say... it looks pretty with everything.

is it comfortable? IT LOOKS SO GODDAMN BEAUTIFUL WITH EVERYTHING.

Nike Air Max Boldspeed.

no photos because they're embarrassingly dirty. these are pretty comfy, but heavier than my old Adidas. i run everyday and these are holding up pretty well, but then again, i use 2 running shoes.

Mizuno Wave.

lighter than my Nikes, and prefer using this over the other. doesn't feel like it'd last as long as the Nikes though. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:07:41 AM by weedurpart2 »

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 04:53:20 AM »
Mga nahalukay kung pics ng ilan sa mga sapatos ko:

Tinatamad akong mag-picture ngayon ng mga sapatos ko. Currently targeting a black 1460 DM's (typical 8-eyelets). Sabi nila matibay ang DM's, well, relatively matibay nga, but I broke 3 pairs 17 years, he he he may 3 pairs pang natitira :-D

Yung mga Vans ko (Iron Maiden x2, Ramones and Metallica) ay ok naman. Lahat laspag na after 8 years. Mga chucks matitibay compared sa Vans, Still got 4 pairs left. Yung Tretorn pictured is a relic from the 90's. Buhay pa naman pero masikip na, lumaki pa rin ang paa ko eh.

After highschool, hindi na ako bumili ng basketball shoes. Hiking boots and some running shoes na lang. Sa ngayon, I only got a New Balance for walking. Seeing IncX's post, naalala ko yung Bates Tan USMC combat boots ko (used it for airsoft), comfy and all-terrain talaga.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »
pwede kaya to sa babae? gusto ko rin to e hehehe currently i have a high-cut black converse shoes..
oo naman, universal itsura tsaka malambot pero matibay yung material. kesa mag DMs ka na 8k na yata yan na lang.
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline donnarocks08

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 11:14:31 AM »
oo naman, universal itsura tsaka malambot pero matibay yung material. kesa mag DMs ka na 8k na yata yan na lang.

Nice.. Di ko kaya mag-high heels like nung kay ms. Weedur kaya puro sneakers lang ako  :-D
peace, love, rock n roll \m/

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 12:30:58 PM »
i have sneakers, i just never really wear them except on shoots.

and its always been this -

Adidas Originals.

i like this, and i really should wear it more often rather than just for work. its comfy and easy to match with clothes without looking too basic.

Everlast & Converse Chuck Taylors.

not into chucks or anything similar... in fact, i think i really hate them. i don't even remember why i have these, except for the leather high tops my dad got. i just think i'm too old for this style. they've never been used, been in the closet for years and just gathered dust and dirt. good thing my sister took the leather chucks out of my hands recently.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:45:47 PM by weedurpart2 »

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 04:30:45 PM »
may idea ba kayo kung saan pwede magpasadya ng sapatos? any popular bespoke shoemakers here in manila? gusto ko sana magpagawa ng dress shoes.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline fallenondeafears

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »

may idea ba kayo kung saan pwede magpasadya ng sapatos? any popular bespoke shoemakers here in manila? gusto ko sana magpagawa ng dress shoes.

Try Sapatero. You can find them at Felipe & Sons makati

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The early hunter catches the bird catching the worm.