hulika

Author Topic: John5 : Songs for Sanity  (Read 1324 times)

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
John5 : Songs for Sanity
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

been listening to this album for about a month now..

this 2nd album by former Marilyn Manson and present Rob Zombie guitarist is packed with great instrumental compositions .. from shredding , blues, acoustic, modern , and country. this guy packs a lot of good tones...a special collaboration track with albert lee and steve vai is also included in the album..

he was also sessioned for Rob Halford, KD Lang, Dave Lee Roth, Randy Castillo etc...i just discovered that he played the guitar for the BAYWATCH theme  :-D

visit his site http://www.john-5.com

The album saw many different styles: The twangy "Behind the Nut Love", so named as the majority of the track is played "behind the nut", "2 Die 4" an instrumental love song, "Damaged", a rocked out guitar monster.

The album again proved a hit for John and Shrapnel Records. John appeared on nine magazine covers over the past two years, including the much coveted Guitar Player. Mike Varney, producer for Shrapnel also announced a new album out for 2006 and it has been confirmed that John will be releasing an instructional video.

"John 5 is an underrated guitar giant. It’s rare to hear a musician fuse various styles and create a unique blend and brand all of his own. It takes balls, but that’s what’s needed to be truly original."
(STEVE VAI’s seal of approval for Vertigo – john-5.com)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:02:06 PM by dantuts »
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline SimplengGitarista

• Veteran Member
Re: John5 : Songs for Sanity
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 10:28:11 PM »
Where did you get your copy bro? i've been lookin for this weeks now... :-(
"It is better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it" - Michael Angelo Batio